ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

05-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
ModestV8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

PPF Shop Install in DMV area

Looking to see if people have a few recommendations for a few different shops that do PPF installs in the DMV area.

I've heard about a few places such as TLC Auto Detail in Reston, VA but was wondering if there are couple other shops out there that people had experience with.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
Luc@Speed&Tech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 & E92 M3

Raja at Speed and Tech Motoring hands down.

23541 Pebble Run Place, Unit 140
Sterling, VA 20166 (Satellite shop)
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
Mondolemite
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW Z4 M40  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40  [0.00]
Second that^^^
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Third that ^^^
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 12:25 PM   #5
ModestV8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Anyone or know of anyone that has had experience with Detail Authority (http://www.clearbraofva.com/) or Proshield (http://www.proshieldinc.com/available-packages) for PPF?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BEE-EM-DUBLOO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jycf87 View Post
Anyone or know of anyone that has had experience with Detail Authority (http://www.clearbraofva.com/) or Proshield (http://www.proshieldinc.com/available-packages) for PPF?
both are okay. Raja or RJ is one of the best in the country. I wouldn't even look anywhere else if I were in need of ppf in this area.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #7
TillyM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 Xdrive

Garage List
2022 M4 Xdrive  [9.83]
2016 MINI JCW  [10.00]
Raja for sure. He does superb job with amazing after service.

Top notch XPEL installer
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 09:23 AM   #8
paikman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, R33 GTR, MK7.5 GTI

TLC, no question.
Appreciate 2
      06-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #9
M4Girl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F82 / 14 S4

Quote:
I have heard mixed things about Detail Authority, personally i'm not taking the risk on them. If you can wait till Sunday, Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Dulles is doing a wrap party where they will be live wrapping an R8 and applying ceramic coating to a GTS (which they ppf'd about a month ago). I'm planning to check it out as an alternative to Speed & Tech.

My F82 is in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment so when i'm not stalking my ship across the ocean, i'm doing my due-diligence before it arrives and promptly gets fully wrapped in PPF.

One thing to note when you are looking at PPF installers, find out if they use bulk film or kits. Personally i'm not a huge fan of kits as I think it leads to too many lines/seams. But the alternative is people cutting film next to your car's paint. Speed & Tech and Detail Authority use kits, Exotic Vehicle Wraps does not. This may help narrow your search.

Also, Automotive Quality Solutions in Ashburn contracts out to Randy from Detail Authority, so skip the middle man. Hope this helps! Please post some pics once you get it done!
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #10
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Girl View Post
I have heard mixed things about Detail Authority, personally i'm not taking the risk on them. If you can wait till Sunday, Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Dulles is doing a wrap party where they will be live wrapping an R8 and applying ceramic coating to a GTS (which they ppf'd about a month ago). I'm planning to check it out as an alternative to Speed & Tech.

My F82 is in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment so when i'm not stalking my ship across the ocean, i'm doing my due-diligence before it arrives and promptly gets fully wrapped in PPF.

One thing to note when you are looking at PPF installers, find out if they use bulk film or kits. Personally i'm not a huge fan of kits as I think it leads to too many lines/seams. But the alternative is people cutting film next to your car's paint. Speed & Tech and Detail Authority use kits, Exotic Vehicle Wraps does not. This may help narrow your search.

Also, Automotive Quality Solutions in Ashburn contracts out to Randy from Detail Authority, so skip the middle man. Hope this helps! Please post some pics once you get it done!
Detail Authority - major alarm from Rennlist, I don't know the owner but this thread makes me cringe.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-question.html
Carries Xpel, 3M films

Speed & Tech - they do more custom work than pre-cut. it's all price point. Obviously pre-cut kits always offer the fastest install and most of these guys work for money, so it makes sense to use precut where the leg work is already done vs. bulking which has a lot of film wastage. You should def. ask them for custom if that is what you want. I have used them and seen their work. They have been doing this longer than anyone in the area. I have seen Raja's service since 2007 in the community and numerous people have been super happy with his service.
Carries Xpel, 3M, Suntek, PremiumShield

Designo Motoring - they do really high end work and bit expensive. But seem to have a good reputation in the exotic arena. The only thing I have heard is turnaround is a bit longer on the job. They have strong industry connection so if you want other stuff like exhaust etc, these are the guys I would go to.
Carries Xpel

TLC Detail - never dealt with them so not sure if they carry Xpel. But have seen few members who has used them and content.
I think the owner David Miller, a very nice guy. Priced fairly and location close to major hwy. They do custom installs as well vs. precut. Check them out for sure.

Exotic Vehicle Wrap - I have seen mostly vinyl wrapping from Exotic Vehicle Wrap. I went to the last wrap party, it was fun. But wasn't sure they do that many Xpel or clear film install. Although, they wrapped a i8 for Fairfax BMW and when the dealer called to come address issues they were missing in action.

Speed Freak Detailing - I think they shut down for a little, they mostly used ProShield to do their install. They always prefer cash for the job. Who carries cash anymore?

Captial Shine (Arlington) - they seem very reasonable in terms of pricing, does 3M and Xpel. But the location is in parking garage. For Spring summer I guess that is fine, but in winter without the temperature control this might be an issue.

There are few more shops, but these are the ones I mostly researched before going with Raja. This info may be dated as well as this is from about a year ago. I had my M4 full front done there. So far very happy.

Previous to this, I had gotten it done at the BMW dealership at Sterling which I was happy with as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #11
Luc@Speed&Tech
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Girl View Post
Quote:

You've been misinformed, Speed and Tech uses both bulk and kit films.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #12
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
is that a rare 1 of 300 M4 GTS? who owns that bad boy????
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #13
Luc@Speed&Tech
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4chiavellif82 View Post
Quote:
is that a rare 1 of 300 M4 GTS? who owns that bad boy????
Yeah it is. Not sure who the owner is, he was working on it when I dropped by. It's pretty sweet.

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 10:53 AM   #14
M4Girl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F82 / 14 S4

Quote:
Good to know, thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 03:41 AM   #15
mnesia
BMW CCA # 418298
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Coupe

Garage List
I believe Raja offers the best solution

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1119903
2015 F82, AY // BK /// DCT, Adaptive M Suspension, 19" Black Wheels, CF Black Trim, Parking Assistant, HK, Executive PKG, MPE w/CF Tailpipes, Dinan Stage 2, IND Painted Front Reflectors, IND Grille Set w/Painted M Stripe, Xpel Ultimate
2009 E92, Jarez Black, F-Red Extended Leather, DCT [Sold]
2004 E46, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, SMG [Sold]
Appreciate 0