GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

09-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp Coupe

Tight fit and a strange request

Evening all

So, I'm collecting my car on Monday and going straight to have the spoiler fitted and I'm considering the front splitter too. My only hesitation is that the front splitter profile sticks out too far and the car won't fit in my garage as it's a tight fit already. Does anyone have a side profile shot of their car with the carbon front splinter attached?

Then the strange request:- I'm also considering putting short number (5 Digits) plates on but don't want to order them in case the plates don't cover the predrilled holes behind them. I don't suppose someone could give me the measurement from the hole centres? Plan is to remove the mounting bracket on the front to get a more flush fit and then swap the rear too.

Thanks in advance

Neil
      09-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Regarding the number plate. Just tell the dealer not to fit the number plate mount. That way there will be no pre-drilled holes to worry about.

That's what I did with mine and I have a short 5 character plate. I just adhered it to the bumper.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
chedixon
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 YMB Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo-Wo View Post
Evening all

So, I'm collecting my car on Monday and going straight to have the spoiler fitted and I'm considering the front splitter too. My only hesitation is that the front splitter profile sticks out too far and the car won't fit in my garage as it's a tight fit already. Does anyone have a side profile shot of their car with the carbon front splinter attached?

Then the strange request:- I'm also considering putting short number (5 Digits) plates on but don't want to order them in case the plates don't cover the predrilled holes behind them. I don't suppose someone could give me the measurement from the hole centres? Plan is to remove the mounting bracket on the front to get a more flush fit and then swap the rear too.

Thanks in advance

Neil
Hey Neil,

I've exactly the same two issues as well lol.

Re the number plate, mines a used car so has been drilled and I'm looking into ways to fit a smaller 5 digit plate too. I've ordered some vinyl (gloss sky blue) which I'm hoping will be close to my blue with a view to cutting out a rectangle the same size as the number plate mount, covering the holes that way then fitting the smaller plate. Not sure how it will look but I though it was worth a punt!
Either that or fill and touch up the holes although I seem to have about 6!

I ordered some blue carbon effect vinyl too just to see another option. If it looks crap I'll leave it but for less than a tenner gotta be worth a go!

I'll keep you posted, likewise if you stumble upon a solution let me know.
Cheers
Che
      09-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC View Post
Regarding the number plate. Just tell the dealer not to fit the number plate mount. That way there will be no pre-drilled holes to worry about.

That's what I did with mine and I have a short 5 character plate. I just adhered it to the bumper.
I've asked them not to but as the car is coming via a leasing company they reckon they can't change it - which we all know is complete b*ll*cks. I've got a feeling that because of this it will ruin the plan so I might just have wait and see.
      09-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedixon View Post
Hey Neil,

I've exactly the same two issues as well lol.

Re the number plate, mines a used car so has been drilled and I'm looking into ways to fit a smaller 5 digit plate too. I've ordered some vinyl (gloss sky blue) which I'm hoping will be close to my blue with a view to cutting out a rectangle the same size as the number plate mount, covering the holes that way then fitting the smaller plate. Not sure how it will look but I though it was worth a punt!
Either that or fill and touch up the holes although I seem to have about 6!

I ordered some blue carbon effect vinyl too just to see another option. If it looks crap I'll leave it but for less than a tenner gotta be worth a go!

I'll keep you posted, likewise if you stumble upon a solution let me know.
Cheers
Che
Will do!

If the short plates won't fit then I'll just revert back to the usual sized gel resin plates.
      10-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

So because the leasing company wouldn't leave the mounting bracket off the front the small plates won't fit, bit disappointing but I'll get over it!
      10-07-2017, 10:34 AM   #7
chedixon
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So because the leasing company wouldn't leave the mounting bracket off the front the small plates won't fit, bit disappointing but I'll get over it!
I've had to put a normal length plate on the front too although I've had a quote for £150 to fill the holes and repaint the front part of the bumper so once I get a bit of cash put aside I'll be getting it sorted.
      10-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #8
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedixon View Post
I've had to put a normal length plate on the front too although I've had a quote for £150 to fill the holes and repaint the front part of the bumper so once I get a bit of cash put aside I'll be getting it sorted.
That's a good price.
      10-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
chedixon
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That's a good price.
I thought that too, obviously not bmw but I e seen his work and would trust him. The price of OCD hey! Lol