Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #23
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJogia View Post
Hi John, You will be connected from your laptop to the car via the ODB cable. You will need a wireless connection to your laptop with a strong internet connection. Henry offers 121 or remote flashes so you will need to speak to him and arrange what works best for you
Thanks again will give him a ring once I have the cable.
      10-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #24
JPOWER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 BLK VERT(F83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
I had my M4 flashed with the GTS performance flash:

? M4 GTS DCT Performance Flash - (MASSIVELY reduced kangaroo gear changes especially in sports and sports+ modes). Big difference putting the power down more! Also changes the tone of your exhaust to sound sportier and deeper on stock untuned engine. On competition pack cars and custom burble remapped tuned cars, your burbles will change to match the M4 GTS burbles.
? GTS Electronic Power Steering *Stiffens steering for better control/handling with more advanced power assist, especially during hydroplanning.
? GTS Traction Control *More slip in MDM before power is cut and allows better traction control settings, improved drifting characteristics.
? GTS Rear Differential *Improved take off from the line, more control, better cornering. Straight line launch control and take off.

The drive will be extremely optimised comparable to the M4 GTS as it's OEM software ??
It feels much smoother and responsive.
All done by a fellow M4 owner ?

Here are the two cars:
Hi ANTHONYR,
i live in the US and i have a 2015 M4 (F83) completely stock with the exception of CF parts. Would this upgrade work on my car or does it have to be the CP? also do you think your friend would be able to do the upgrade for me if applicable and if so how much is it in US DOLLARS? Thanks in advance for your help on this.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #25
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurai View Post
Hi mate,

Feel free to check out the page or contact directly via WhatsApp/Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/henweee/
Thanks.
      10-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #26
AnthonyR
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPOWER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
I had my M4 flashed with the GTS performance flash:

? M4 GTS DCT Performance Flash - (MASSIVELY reduced kangaroo gear changes especially in sports and sports+ modes). Big difference putting the power down more! Also changes the tone of your exhaust to sound sportier and deeper on stock untuned engine. On competition pack cars and custom burble remapped tuned cars, your burbles will change to match the M4 GTS burbles.
? GTS Electronic Power Steering *Stiffens steering for better control/handling with more advanced power assist, especially during hydroplanning.
? GTS Traction Control *More slip in MDM before power is cut and allows better traction control settings, improved drifting characteristics.
? GTS Rear Differential *Improved take off from the line, more control, better cornering. Straight line launch control and take off.

The drive will be extremely optimised comparable to the M4 GTS as it's OEM software ??
It feels much smoother and responsive.
All done by a fellow M4 owner ?

Here are the two cars:
Hi ANTHONYR,
i live in the US and i have a 2015 M4 (F83) completely stock with the exception of CF parts. Would this upgrade work on my car or does it have to be the CP? also do you think your friend would be able to do the upgrade for me if applicable and if so how much is it in US DOLLARS? Thanks in advance for your help on this.
Hey man, no it does not need to be a CP, as mine isn't. Contact Kurai as he is the man who does the magic
      10-19-2017, 09:47 AM   #27
gsr
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d & M4

Getting mine done by Henry on Saturday, 2017 software update & GTS flash!!!
Should certainly improve my 2014 version!!!!
Appreciate 1
AnthonyR229.00
      10-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #28
Slips
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Post back your thoughts on the updates. Are you going to Henry or having it done remotely?
Mine is November 2014 and running original software. It's a bit hairy getting the power down and handling is fidgety on uneven roads. Doesn't feel anywhere near as stable as my E60 M5 did at higher speeds. Still a great car though. Just a bit worried about software updates effecting warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #29
AnthonyR
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slips View Post
Quote:
Post back your thoughts on the updates. Are you going to Henry or having it done remotely?
Mine is November 2014 and running original software. It's a bit hairy getting the power down and handling is fidgety on uneven roads. Doesn't feel anywhere near as stable as my E60 M5 did at higher speeds. Still a great car though. Just a bit worried about software updates effecting warranty.
I really would recommend it. Mines a late 2014 and got it done a couple of months ago, feels a whole lot better
      10-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #30
JayJogia
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 LCI

Quote:
I was worried about my warranty too, my M4 is only 4 months old! Spoke to Henry about it and he confirmed that being OEM software your not doing g anything aftermarket. I'm taking my M4 in for a checkup next week so will find out if they deem.it out of warranty!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #31
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
I was worried about my warranty too, my M4 is only 4 months old! Spoke to Henry about it and he confirmed that being OEM software your not doing g anything aftermarket. I'm taking my M4 in for a checkup next week so will find out if they deem.it out of warranty!
I can't imagine that your dealer will say anything other than it would invalidate the warranty of any item that is altered by the GTS tune.
Of course it would be great if they say its fine, even better if they would code it for you....but I can't see it.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 12:41 AM   #32
55Fisher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition Pack

Quote:
Quote:
Be great to hear the update next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #33
JayJogia
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Fisher View Post
Be great to hear the update next week.
I will keep you posted
      10-21-2017, 03:15 AM   #34
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

This just became the best option for a tune for my needs.
So to be a a bit clearer, this offers:
better DCT behavior
steering feel
throttle response
differential programming
etc, etc...basically an update.
How about?
1-any Hp and and torque bump
2-burbles for non comp cars
3-gts cold start??

For a final question, I'm new at this.. the GTS is upgraded with water injection, why don't you need to upgrade your car with water injection so this software can work?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 04:19 AM   #35
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
None of the people I've flashed have had any warranty issues (including myself) with the dealer (after doing around 100 or so F8x cars already). Just don't mention it to them.
Lets be clear, flashing the GTS software puts your warranty at risk.
Sure for day to day warranty work a dealer isn't going to look to see what software version you are running...but if your engine/transmission lets go and they spot the anomaly then BMW would have every right to cancel the warranty on all parts affected by the GTS tune.
Owners should be aware of that and be content to take that risk.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 04:32 AM   #36
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Lets be clear, flashing the GTS software puts your warranty at risk.
Sure for day to day warranty work a dealer isn't going to look to see what software version you are running...but if your engine/transmission lets go and they spot the anomaly then BMW would have every right to cancel the warranty on all parts affected by the GTS tune.
Owners should be aware of that and be content to take that risk.
Yep and the late cars communicate direct with Germany once the Key is in the dealership, logging loads. I found this out thorough a mate who had a gearbox problem, took it in to *********'s (it did not mater which dealership) once Germany got involved as dealer did not have a clue (as usual) they found changes. He is still waiting for an outcome.
No name no pack drill.
      10-21-2017, 05:17 AM   #37
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

So if we can flash to a GTS tune. Is there not an option to just flash to the CS software.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 05:47 AM   #38
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Mine is November 2014 and running original software. It's a bit hairy getting the power down and handling is fidgety on uneven roads. Doesn't feel anywhere near as stable as my E60 M5 did at higher speeds.
As the GTS runs passive KW coil overs I doubt the GTS flash will do anything to attend to those issues which are spring/damper related.
      10-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #39
Slips
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sakhir

I only want the standard latest BMW software not GTS, well maybe the GTS gearbox software but not sure yet.
I thought the latest cars still had the same springs/dampers as the first 2014 cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 11:47 AM   #40
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I only want the standard latest BMW software not GTS, well maybe the GTS gearbox software but not sure yet.
I thought the latest cars still had the same springs/dampers as the first 2014 cars.
When the M3 got its first LCI both the M3 and M4 got different rear dampers (same as the CP) September 2015 onwards.

Not sure if that affects the software level you can flash to at the dealer, I'm sure it won't but your dealer will tell you.

My LCI 2016 M3 has been transformed with a flash to the latest software + MP HAS.
      10-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #41
SO17
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MY M4CP

I'm a bit confused here... How does flashing the gearbox software ( GTS DCT flash) alter the exhaust note ? I have always assumed this is directly related to the engine tune - which cannot be flashed unless the ECU has been unlocked already (?)
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 09:14 AM   #42
gsr
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d & M4

Quote:
Had the GTS reflash & software update done on Saturday remotely by Henry (Kurai).

Had the following coded too - folding mirrors on lock, DRL on/off, acoustic beep on (un)lock & start/stop from memory.

Only had the chance of a short blast but initial thoughts are :
- a lot better off the line with kangarooing eliminated from 1st gear
- deeper exhaust note through the range even with CG valve controller installed
- various codings can be done at the same time (see above)
- smoother gear changes (in sport and sport + mode)
- haven't noticed extra burbles or blips (mine is a 2014 non-CP car)
- haven't noticed extra hp but to be honest haven't been for a real blast yet
- haven't noticed any change in steering but Henry mentioned this is more noticeable in MDM mode.

Would I recommend the reflash? Yes, especially for older cars
Would I recommend Henry (Kurai)? Yes

Gordon
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #43
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Had the GTS reflash & software update done on Saturday remotely by Henry (Kurai).

Had the following coded too - folding mirrors on lock, DRL on/off, acoustic beep on (un)lock & start/stop from memory.

Only had the chance of a short blast but initial thoughts are :
- a lot better off the line with kangarooing eliminated from 1st gear
- deeper exhaust note through the range even with CG valve controller installed
- various codings can be done at the same time (see above)
- smoother gear changes (in sport and sport + mode)
- haven't noticed extra burbles or blips (mine is a 2014 non-CP car)
- haven't noticed extra hp but to be honest haven't been for a real blast yet
- haven't noticed any change in steering but Henry mentioned this is more noticeable in MDM mode.

Would I recommend the reflash? Yes, especially for older cars
Would I recommend Henry (Kurai)? Yes

Gordon
Probably the most useful report back I've read to date - thanks!

My concerns were the steering (didn't want anything heavier) and the potential for too many burbles (although I have the CP so still not sure how much different it will sound!).

I'm going to go for it though - as soon as I've done a couple of other bits.
      10-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #44
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Some people prefer the GTS steering (I do) and some don't, it's optional and reversible. It keeps you safer at higher speeds with more control especially in the wet during hydroplanning so you can drive with confidence.
I've never driven any car that can do anything when water gets between the road and the tyre. That's some M magic going on there how does the steering clear the water?