Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

07-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #23
farouke92
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3 e92 DKG Alpin White

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
not so sure. Just read a review against a pirsche cayman S and the bimmer only won because of points awarded for practicallity. Driving dynamics the porsche won. So in all honesty the cayman gts, as a sports car will trash the m4. unless 4 seats are needed for your stelvio pass weapon of choice, I think the cayman gts will be the king here.
How can you compare it to a cayman ? The review your talking about is against a carrera not a cayman
Would you see your self in a cayman as a DD such a girly car
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 03:19 AM   #24
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963
Did anyone besides me catch that he closed the hood without slamming it? Every F8X that I have tried to close after it hits the first latch won't close on the second push.
You shouldn't push the hood down since it's made of aluminum you could leave a dent by pressing too hard. Instead "drop" the hood
      07-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #25
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Yep.....it's more of a GT car these days. No more nimble.
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #26
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150 View Post
Yep.....it's more of a GT car these days. No more nimble.
No more nimble?

That seems to be fairly contrary to reports from some very respected folks here who have spent time on the track with it... saying it is likely one of the best track car M has built. Also contrary to many owner reports compared to previous M cars.

But, people who haven't experienced that can draw any conclusions they like
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #27
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
You shouldn't push the hood down since it's made of aluminum you could leave a dent by pressing too hard. Instead "drop" the hood
Does it allow a "drop" with the struts supporting it? I just gave it a hard shove and it closed.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #28
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
\\\\\]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
Does it allow a "drop" with the struts supporting it? I just gave it a hard shove and it closed.
Yeap it does
      07-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #29
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Not to mention that NY is not exactly the benchmark for good driving territory in the US....
Certainly not the benchmark but it depends on where in NY. NYC you can forget about it but upstate NY has some very nice mountainside roads
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #30
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by farouke92
Quote:
not so sure. Just read a review against a pirsche cayman S and the bimmer only won because of points awarded for practicallity. Driving dynamics the porsche won. So in all honesty the cayman gts, as a sports car will trash the m4. unless 4 seats are needed for your stelvio pass weapon of choice, I think the cayman gts will be the king here.
How can you compare it to a cayman ? The review your talking about is against a carrera not a cayman
Would you see your self in a cayman as a DD such a girly car
No, its against a cayman. and when the bloke in the cayman next to you pulls up with a much bigger grin than yours I want you to remember what u said and admit "dam I should have just let the kids take the bus and bought a cayman instead".
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #31
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrjag
Quote:
Can we please leave Porsche out of this? Not again....
why? they cost about the same and if I was in the market for one I would be a fool not to consider tge other...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #32
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Best roads in europe are in spain and portugal. no traffic, good to great tarmac quality and best of all low to no traffic and no speed cameras/cops. pm me if anyone needs some tips. I drive thousands of miles every year in germany, italy, uk, france, spain, portugal, austria, switzerland and for me spain and portugal are the ones to go to. plus best food in europe and cheap beer and the weather.
Not that I was expecting any less from the Iberian Peninsula but your comment just made my day since I am moving to Portugal next month...and maybe with my 1M too If it gets sold in the meantime its replacament will be either a F80 M3 or a Porsche Macan S diesel during our stay in Lisbon, choice depending on many factors.

If you could PM me a few driving tips around there I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #33
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax-Prime View Post
I went by a dealer at lunch yesterday to check it out. They let me fire it up....and I was immediately disappointed.

It's such a wickedly good looking car; the way the rear arches flare out. By all accounts, the car will scoot. But with a V8 (or some acoustic witchcraft to make it sound like one) it would have been perfect.
You don't need a V8; check this 1M from Down Under with a Lightweight Titan. exhaust. That is my favourite exhaust for the 1M together with HMS, both from Germany. I've counted 25 aftermarket exhausts for 1M in the last 3 years excluding custom solutions like just down pipes or mid pipes; and why not F8X platform should receive similar treatment? The future is bright (for any turbo M car with a lousy stock exhaust):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lTnvZWGGw7c
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #34
wrecked2001
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i Msport/Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Not that I was expecting any less from the Iberian Peninsula but your comment just made my day since I am moving to Portugal next month...and maybe with my 1M too If it gets sold in the meantime its replacament will be either a F80 M3 or a Porsche Macan S diesel during our stay in Lisbon, choice depending on many factors.

If you could PM me a few driving tips around there I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.
I am currently stationed in southern Spain, and the drives are Awesome. So many mountain back roads and no traffic. Also there are a lot of tracks in my area I am 30 mins from the Jerez circuit and attended a track day last year. This year we are heading to Circuito Monteblanco in Huelva about 1hr away. Just be aware of the bridge to road transitions, the reasons the roads are so good is because they are not used frequently, not because of the great construction.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #35
Killer-Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E60 M5 & '12 128i ZSP

Ok I could only watch a few minuets as I want to punch this guy in the skull.....
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #36
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

damn. That 1M at 4:50 was gettin it in.
      07-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #37
bnr
Registered
Rep
Drives: Foot

What did he say about luxembourg?
I want to know it coz im from luxembourg
Can t watch the video right now

Thanks
Alex
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #38
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Quote:
No, its against a cayman. and when the bloke in the cayman next to you pulls up with a much bigger grin than yours I want you to remember what u said and admit "dam I should have just let the kids take the bus and bought a cayman instead".
What?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #39
thevex67
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Dravit Gray/BK G26 i4 M50

M4 Not speed limited?

I saw on the video he was going 175 mph on the Autobahn. Thought it was limited to 155 mph? Or is it just US spec?
2003 Carbon Bk/BK E46 Coupe (SMG) (traded-in)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #40
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
and 10 times out of 10, he will know exactly what the taillights on my car look like.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #41
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
and 10 times out of 10, he will know exactly what the taillights on my car look like.
And 10 times out of 10 he won't care and will chuckle at the M4 driver's lack of self confidence.

Porsche Cayman S/GTS should definitely be in any conversation when shopping for a sports car in this price range and if the rear seats are seldom used. Straight line speed and masses of low end torque are fun, but that is only a small part of the driving experience. I haven't driven an M4 or a Cayman, but to just flat out say one is better than the other is pretty silly as it really depends on what the individual appreciates in their car.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #42
Manny212
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Best roads in europe are in spain and portugal. no traffic, good to great tarmac quality and best of all low to no traffic and no speed cameras/cops. pm me if anyone needs some tips. I drive thousands of miles every year in germany, italy, uk, france, spain, portugal, austria, switzerland and for me spain and portugal are the ones to go to. plus best food in europe and cheap beer and the weather.
All these videos have me set on doing euro delivery. I was planning to go to portugal in Oct/Nov and now i think i'll just pick up the M3 in Munich and drive across to Portugal!

2008 E92///M3 - | Alpine White/Fox Red Extended Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold |
Mods: | 19" Avante Garde | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | Rogue SSK | MS Spacers | ACM Test Pipes | ESS Tune | Remus Race | LUX V4 Angels | KW V3 |
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #43
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny212
Quote:
All these videos have me set on doing euro delivery. I was planning to go to portugal in Oct/Nov and now i think i'll just pick up the M3 in Munich and drive across to Portugal!
Let me know if you do and I will pm you the best roads to do it. For any one considering this I would take the south europe route. Maybe route Napoleon (after the roads in the dolomites) and then south france Andorra barcelona(great roads nearby) then south of spain (ronda etc - porsche gts video and bmw 4 gc shot there) to the Algarve. Its a long long drive but it would be epic. Avoid holidays, specially summer
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #44
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
And 10 times out of 10 he won't care and will chuckle at the M4 driver's lack of self confidence.

Porsche Cayman S/GTS should definitely be in any conversation when shopping for a sports car in this price range and if the rear seats are seldom used. Straight line speed and masses of low end torque are fun, but that is only a small part of the driving experience. I haven't driven an M4 or a Cayman, but to just flat out say one is better than the other is pretty silly as it really depends on what the individual appreciates in their car.
Make that 9 times out of 10 because I will be perfect fine in the self-confidence department. The p car is more of a track oriented car and probably is more of a "drivers" car, but I will keep my creature comforts, the ability to pack my car with track wheels and tires along with a jack all of the tools plus a girlfriend to being to the track, while still having the ease of aftermarket tuning and having that fun, low end for regular driving (compared to my e92).

Your goals and preferences may be different than mine, but I would prefer the car that is better in almost all categories (to me).

GTS is one hell of a car, but not at that price point.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0