Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

04-18-2017, 06:29 AM   #1
rfeener86
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Post ED and awaiting m3+ResistAll

I just did my first ED with my first ever BMW, needless to say it was awesome! When Signing the papers the dealer mentioned using ResistAll on the leather and the exterior of the car. This protects against mainly tree sap, bird droppings and other various negatives in addition to protecting the leather. I am awaiting delivery to the dealer, approximately three/four weeks. After reading about Xpel Ultimate I am wondering if that is the better option for me. I couldn't find any info about ResistAll in the forums so some advice would be very much appreciated. I fully understand what Xpel does and I love the idea of my car being better protected from rock chips etc.. something that really bugs me. IS there anyone with experience using ResistAll? Should I bail on it? Im thinking Xpel may be the better route to take. Thanks to all for your advice!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Resistal and the like

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfeener86 View Post
I just did my first ED with my first ever BMW, needless to say it was awesome! When Signing the papers the dealer mentioned using ResistAll on the leather and the exterior of the car. This protects against mainly tree sap, bird droppings and other various negatives in addition to protecting the leather. I am awaiting delivery to the dealer, approximately three/four weeks. After reading about Xpel Ultimate I am wondering if that is the better option for me. I couldn't find any info about ResistAll in the forums so some advice would be very much appreciated. I fully understand what Xpel does and I love the idea of my car being better protected from rock chips etc.. something that really bugs me. IS there anyone with experience using ResistAll? Should I bail on it? Im thinking Xpel may be the better route to take. Thanks to all for your advice!
Depending on the cost to you, what you are actually buying is not the chemical put on the car, because from what I have gathered, is that every car gets it. When you say, yes, you are then added on the actual insurance warranty program.
So, with that being said, I would not depend on this to keep your car from getting damaged. I would definitely recommend Xpel Film as one of the best protection options for your vehicle.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfeener86 View Post
Congrats on the ED - don't forget to post your ED thread! I'm not familiar with ResistAll, but it is nanotechnology-based (like a sealant) and not like Xpel, which is a paint protection film. Regardless of any coatings or sealants you use, you'll also want Xpel. In terms of dealer-offered coatings and protectants, I'd avoid them completely. I'd rather chose the product I want (and you can also get a much better deal on the open market).
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
XsltAnalyst
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80, 957 Cayenne

Congrats on the car! Enjoy it in good health!

For exterior, you're better off with an actual paint protection film (like Xpel) for around the same cost. The typical way is to get a full frontal kit with side skirts and rear wheel arches. Remaining areas can be covered by Cquartz or similar coating.

Interior- regular detail and care should suffice.

Last edited by XsltAnalyst; 04-18-2017 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #5
Icyman077
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 MG/BK

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsltAnalyst View Post
Congrats on the car! Enjoy it in good health!

For exterior, you're better off with an actual paint protection film (like Xpel) for around the same cost. The typical way is to get a full frontal kit with side skirts and rear wheel arches. Remaining areas can be covered by Cquartz or similar coating.

Interior- regular detail and care should suffice.
+1

I went with ResistAll only because I didn't do enough research and wish I went the above route especially as a DD. The peace of mind against typical chips would be well worth it. Now I just keep touch up paint on hand. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 03:24 AM   #6
rfeener86
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyman077 View Post
+1

I went with ResistAll only because I didn't do enough research and wish I went the above route especially as a DD. The peace of mind against typical chips would be well worth it. Now I just keep touch up paint on hand. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way.

They convinced me I "needed" the protection and not knowing there were other options I bit. Regardless, once the car is in port I am going to have it sent to an expel shop in the northeast before the dealer can get their hands on it. I never knew such things as paint protection wraps existed so it sounds lie that should be my obvious choice. Ive dealt with rocks chips and despise them.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 04:26 AM   #7
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

I believe it will be sent to the dealer first . Cancel your Resist
Appreciate 0