European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

08-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #67
F82FTW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP, 88' M5 Blk/Blk US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaz View Post
Wft sounds like crap!
Your e92 sounds like crap.

F80 M3 ZCP - Current...E28 M5 1/30 Blk/Blk US Spec - Current...17' 911 - SOLD...E90 M3 - Sold...F82 M4 - SOLD...F02 750Li - SOLD...Austin MINI - SOLD...E82 135is - SOLD...E89 Z4 - SOLD...F10 535i - SOLD...E30 325is - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #68
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton2002 View Post
I personally hate what BMW is trying to do to make more money. They created all these so called M performance parts for non M-cars, which, I can sort of accept as some might not be able to afford a true M car but might want to make their car a little bit better performed and looks more aggressive.

But come on, its an M4, why do we still need to pay so much more to make our car to sound like that and modify its look to make it look like that? These parts should have come as stock... Car manufacturers need to stop that and leave these part to aftermarket manufacturers. Leave them a market gap to survive or grow!
Totally agree. It's already a M in the first, shouldn't it be already the best.
Suddenly there's more and more stuff you can add on top.

On another note, it sounds like my E92 V8 Mpe + test pipe during cold start.
      08-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #69
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Sounds even more ridiculous than stock, and not in a good way.

Quote:
I personally hate what BMW is trying to do to make more money. They created all these so called M performance parts for non M-cars, which, I can sort of accept as some might not be able to afford a true M car but might want to make their car a little bit better performed and looks more aggressive.

But come on, its an M4, why do we still need to pay so much more to make our car to sound like that and modify its look to make it look like that? These parts should have come as stock... Car manufacturers need to stop that and leave these part to aftermarket manufacturers. Leave them a market gap to survive or grow!
Micro-transactions work for games and phone apps, BMW is trying it for their cars, except the transactions aren't so mini.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #70
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
What you fail to understand is that the people on these forums are not the primary market - they want a car that will appeal to a broader audience. If they make it too loud, 75% of the potential buyers won't like it. What would be ideal is if there were more factory options (like the carbon brakes) for us enthusiasts, so that we could spec it like we want and not have to replace perfectly good parts right after purchase. Seems like this would play into BMW's sustainable efforts, as well.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #71
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Quote:
What you fail to understand is that the people on these forums are not the primary market - they want a car that will appeal to a broader audience. If they make it too loud, 75% of the potential buyers won't like it. What would be ideal is if there were more factory options (like the carbon brakes) for us enthusiasts, so that we could spec it like we want and not have to replace perfectly good parts right after purchase. Seems like this would play into BMW's sustainable efforts, as well.
Exactly. I'm blown away people are "upset" the car doesn't come with even more tech, aero, and other gear.

I for one think it's awesome BMW is offering OEM products for the 5% of enthusiasts out there who like to mod their BMW.

Besides, if all this was included the car would be much more expensive and instead, people will be complaining it costs too much money and makes too much noise.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #72
Elaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92m

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaz View Post
Wft sounds like crap!
Your e92 sounds like crap.

At least it's sounds like an M and not a Honda civic.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #73
BimmerShark
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009-Z428i

love it !!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #74
TeutonicFlight
Keepin It Real
United_States