R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

01-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #23
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I can attest to this. Total disaster over there. Long story short I was purchasing my second M3 in 18 months, agreed on a price gave a deposit and after 4 months waiting I they increased the price when it arrived. Keep in mind I already agreed on a price and money exchanged hands.

Needless to say I walked away.

Funny its been 5 months and the car I ordered is still sitting on their showroom floor. Its going to be a tough sell for them given its a MT6 with moon roof. and worth around 100k
What? I have a MT6 and Moonroof!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #24
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
What? I have a MT6 and Moonroof!
as do i, and that was my 2nd one I ordered. You have to admit though those two things arnt the norm out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #25
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
I've learned that its completely pointless in building a relationship with any vancoucer area car dealers as management and staff Every time you walk in. Lucky for me, my friend remains being a BMW sales person. So I just follow him to whichever dealer he goes to.
Thats a good policy. Ill be going to your friend next time I buy a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 09:49 PM   #26
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
I can attest to this. Total disaster over there. Long story short I was purchasing my second M3 in 18 months, agreed on a price gave a deposit and after 4 months waiting I they increased the price when it arrived. Keep in mind I already agreed on a price and money exchanged hands.

Needless to say I walked away.

Funny its been 5 months and the car I ordered is still sitting on their showroom floor. Its going to be a tough sell for them given its a MT6 with moon roof. and worth around 100k
Is it the dark blue one? They have a dark blue ultimate package car on the floor that they tried to sell me.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 06:18 PM   #27
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Is it the dark blue one? They have a dark blue ultimate package car on the floor that they tried to sell me.
Yup. San Marino Blue. Thats the one.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 12:41 PM   #28
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

You would think they are willing to almost give it away right now. But knowing that stupid dealer, they will still want a premium for it.

If anyone is looking for a good service advisor. Go see Richard Han at Brian Jessel Preownrd. Yes, they service any BMW with warranty or not. They also have courtesy cars for free if you book in advance. He's my friend for over 10 years and also used to work at BMW Store.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 12:18 AM   #29
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You would think they are willing to almost give it away right now. But knowing that stupid dealer, they will still want a premium for it.

If anyone is looking for a good service advisor. Go see Richard Han at Brian Jessel Preownrd. Yes, they service any BMW with warranty or not. They also have courtesy cars for free if you book in advance. He's my friend for over 10 years and also used to work at BMW Store.
Its amazing they actually haven't even tried to follow up with me to see if I want the car. I mean I was a pretty qualified buyer given I ordered it!

As I told them "I want to be your client and buy this car, but I just want the deal we initially agreed on". It's a funny story that I've shared countless times for entertainment value with people. Everyone is in absolutely disbelief when they hear it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 06:00 PM   #30
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Its amazing they actually haven't even tried to follow up with me to see if I want the car. I mean I was a pretty qualified buyer given I ordered it!

As I told them "I want to be your client and buy this car, but I just want the deal we initially agreed on". It's a funny story that I've shared countless times for entertainment value with people. Everyone is in absolutely disbelief when they hear it.
Only those that deals with the new clowns over there will understand. "The struggle is real".
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #31
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
VCP has bought through Mike Regan at Parkshore Motors and Mike is well versed in ED trips.

Don’t waste your time with Victoria
I went to talk with Mike yesterday, and it was a pleasant experience. I realized I actually talked with him last year when I was doing my research and he remembered me. Park Shore is currently pretty high on my list right now.

I'll be talking with James from Auto West on Sunday(maybe). I called him and he said he has a dayoff on Sunday, but he'll swing by so we can work out some numbers. My mom knows the GM so I'm hoping that helps

Mike helped me find out that my wife's company has a fleet discount with BMW Canada, so we may be putting the car under her name.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2018, 06:26 PM   #32
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Did you actually end up buying a 2nd M3?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 02:06 AM   #33
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

I picked my car up off the showroom at Brian Jessel in 2015 as a somewhat impulsive buy...

I know others will disagree, but the BMW store has been great from a service perspective. I live in the area so it is convenient which probably clouds my vision...

A few service advisors are shit but Raffi and Quentin are both stand up and my car gets treated with the utmost care.

Have you (OP) decided on a dealership for your ED yet??
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #34
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Did you actually end up buying a 2nd M3?
No I didn't. I'm very happy with mine and dont fell the need to change or upgrade from it. Only reason I considered it was because the numbers (at the time) made enough sense given it came with some minor things I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 06:42 PM   #35
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik84 View Post
I picked my car up off the showroom at Brian Jessel in 2015 as a somewhat impulsive buy...

I know others will disagree, but the BMW store has been great from a service perspective. I live in the area so it is convenient which probably clouds my vision...

A few service advisors are shit but Raffi and Quentin are both stand up and my car gets treated with the utmost care.

Have you (OP) decided on a dealership for your ED yet??
Not yet, meeting with James maybe tmr or sometime during the week. Probably will decide soon after. It looks like Auto West or Park Shore will get my business. Chances are if I buy an M3 there, there will be a few more cars going to that sales man as we may need a 2nd car next year (kids, maybe X1?), and a few friends are looking to buy X1's as well.

Quote:
No I didn't. I'm very happy with mine and dont fell the need to change or upgrade from it. Only reason I considered it was because the numbers (at the time) made enough sense given it came with some minor things I wanted.
Maybe they are willing to deal now that the car has been sitting there for awhile. If it was made a few months ago it'll be the last ones with the CF driveshaft.

They are offering me a test drive on a 6MT car if I make an appointment with them, I wonder if they are letting me drive the one you ordered.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #36
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not yet, meeting with James maybe tmr or sometime during the week. Probably will decide soon after. It looks like Auto West or Park Shore will get my business. Chances are if I buy an M3 there, there will be a few more cars going to that sales man as we may need a 2nd car next year (kids, maybe X1?), and a few friends are looking to buy X1's as well.

Maybe they are willing to deal now that the car has been sitting there for awhile. If it was made a few months ago it'll be the last ones with the CF driveshaft.

They are offering me a test drive on a 6MT car if I make an appointment with them, I wonder if they are letting me drive the one you ordered.
They probably are. doubt they have many if any other 6MT cars on the lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #37
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I went to talk with Mike yesterday, and it was a pleasant experience. I realized I actually talked with him last year when I was doing my research and he remembered me. Park Shore is currently pretty high on my list right now.

I'll be talking with James from Auto West on Sunday(maybe). I called him and he said he has a dayoff on Sunday, but he'll swing by so we can work out some numbers. My mom knows the GM so I'm hoping that helps

Mike helped me find out that my wife's company has a fleet discount with BMW Canada, so we may be putting the car under her name.
I wouldn't count on the CA for your ED information as they can end up disappointing you. I did most of my research from this site and learned a ton.

My ED experience last year was amazing. Good luck and let us know when you place your order.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 11:25 AM   #38
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1458446&page=3
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 01:11 PM   #39
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
Well shit. I'm meeting James on Saturday I guess I'll have to get the order in quickly.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #40
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Well shit. I'm meeting James on Saturday I guess I'll have to get the order in quickly.
He knows the ED paperwork routine pretty well as he did both my m3 and m4 gts.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #41
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

So I find out that individual options are not residualized when you lease, bummer.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #42
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
So I find out that individual options are not residualized when you lease, bummer.
That's correct. Been like that forever. So who did you order your car from?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #43
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That's correct. Been like that forever. So who did you order your car from?
Haven't ordered yet. James is trying to figure out if ED in September is possible, due to the whole EOP in May, or August, or EOP is being changed to with the WLTP emissions thing going on. Then which we'll figure out the final final price of the car.

The payments are a little off my target right now, so I'm trying to eke out that last little bit

Wife and I are already looking into where to visit in Europe, so we are crossing our fingers and hoping it goes without a hitch.

On a side note, I've been told that the profit margin is 7% on the M3, seems a little low for a car that costs so much.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 08:11 PM   #44
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Haven't ordered yet. James is trying to figure out if ED in September is possible, due to the whole EOP in May, or August, or EOP is being changed to with the WLTP emissions thing going on. Then which we'll figure out the final final price of the car.

The payments are a little off my target right now, so I'm trying to eke out that last little bit

Wife and I are already looking into where to visit in Europe, so we are crossing our fingers and hoping it goes without a hitch.

On a side note, I've been told that the profit margin is 7% on the M3, seems a little low for a car that costs so much.
7% is indeed their markup. But that does not include year end bonuses and other incentives dealers will get.

Everyone needs to make money, so I try not to squeeze every penny out of them and rather focus on trying to get good customer service.

Last edited by M4_GTS; 02-05-2018 at 08:19 PM..
Appreciate 0