European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

02-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #45
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
7% is indeed their markup. But that does not include year end bonuses and other incentives dealers will get.

Everyone needs to make money, so I try not to squeeze every penny out of them and rather focus on trying to get good customer service.
That's a fair quote, I'll keep that in mind. But the wife LOL, she says it has to be a certain amount.

As you may know, happy wife, happy life.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #46
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
That's a fair quote, I'll keep that in mind. But the wife LOL, she says it has to be a certain amount.

As you may know, happy wife, happy life.
Sorry. Its the other way around in my house. It's happy husband happy life in my house. My wife never gets involved in pricing of my cars. In fact, she encouraged me to buy the m4 gts and go on the euro delivery tour. She told me "you only live once".
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #47
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Sorry. Its the other way around in my house. It's happy husband happy life in my house. My wife never gets involved in pricing of my cars. In fact, she encouraged me to buy the m4 gts and go on the euro delivery tour. She told me "you only live once".
Does she have a sister?

In all seriousness, I would try to purchase the car for the best price reduction I can get. The BMW dealers do quite well, no need for me to look out for them.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #48
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
Does she have a sister?

In all seriousness, I would try to purchase the car for the best price reduction I can get. The BMW dealers do quite well, no need for me to look out for them.
I have known my sales guy since elementary school. So I stay with him which ever bmw dealer he goes to. I could care less about the greedy dealers...lol
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #49
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have known my sales guy since elementary school. So I stay with him which ever bmw dealer he goes to. I could care less about the greedy dealers...lol
So you've known James since elementary school?

Order put in today, James did a helluva job getting the manager to sign off on the price I want.

2018 M3 Sedan 6MT
Laguna Seca Blue (individual order since I didn't get the Ultimate Package)
Premium Package
Competition Package
Sun Roof
Europe delivery
Extended Silverstone Leather
White Ash Trim

I gave them my date for pickup, September 11, 12, 13. Sorry to Mike at North Shore, but James got me the price first.
Appreciate 2
      02-08-2018, 01:25 AM   #50
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:

Order put in today, James did a helluva job getting the manager to sign off on the price I want.

2018 M3 Sedan 6MT
Premium Package
Competition Package
Sun Roof
Europe delivery
White Ash Trim

I gave them my date for pickup, September 11, 12, 13. Sorry to Mike at North Shore, but James got me the price first.
Nice!

But why aren't you going for ultimate package? With the individual color your ordering, don't think it's a big difference in the end?

Full leather?

Active LED lights?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 02:58 AM   #51
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Nice!

But why aren't you going for ultimate package? With the individual color your ordering, don't think it's a big difference in the end?

Full leather?

Active LED lights?
Don't really care about most of the things in the ultimate package:
wife doesn't like leather on the dashboard
I don't want surround view
don't really need the MP exhaust + it cracks
both my wife and don't care about carbon fiber everything
didn't want the sun shades
etc etc

Even with the individual color my order would put it about 10k less than an ultimate package car
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #52
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:

2018 M3 Sedan 6MT
Premium Package
Competition Package
Sun Roof
Europe delivery
White Ash Trim

I was at Autowest talking to James about the m4cs 2 hours before you went to meet him. I went to school with his brother in elementary and we went to the same high school.

He is always on top of things and he made sure to talk with the guy at BMW Canada quickly to get things confirmed. Glad you got it all sorted out and have fun on euro delivery.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #53
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:

2018 M3 Sedan 6MT
Premium Package
Competition Package
Sun Roof
Europe delivery
White Ash Trim

Congrats man. I like your chosen options especially the CP and 6MT.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #54
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

What's the first service interval for the F80 in Canada? In the states it's 1200miles, does that means it's 2000km?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #55
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:
What's the first service interval for the F80 in Canada? In the states it's 1200miles, does that means it's 2000km?
Yes
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #56
SMBF80
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 SMB F80 ZUP 6MT

Quote:
You would think they are willing to almost give it away right now. But knowing that stupid dealer, they will still want a premium for it.

If anyone is looking for a good service advisor. Go see Richard Han at Brian Jessel Preownrd. Yes, they service any BMW with warranty or not. They also have courtesy cars for free if you book in advance. He's my friend for over 10 years and also used to work at BMW Store.
+1 for Richard Han! Really great guy!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #57
SMBF80
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 SMB F80 ZUP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I can attest to this. Total disaster over there. Long story short I was purchasing my second M3 in 18 months, agreed on a price gave a deposit and after 4 months waiting I they increased the price when it arrived. Keep in mind I already agreed on a price and money exchanged hands.

Needless to say I walked away.

Funny its been 5 months and the car I ordered is still sitting on their showroom floor. Its going to be a tough sell for them given its a MT6 with moon roof. and worth around 100k
Hey Sassicaia, Parabolica just pointed out that it was your M3 order that I bought. Thanks for a beautiful build!
Appreciate 1
Sassicaia4453.00
      02-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #58
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

So there are lots of posts about free ICON headlights on 2018's in the states, but have we seen anything like that in Canada? I'm curious because my car shouldn't have ICONs
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #59
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So there are lots of posts about free ICON headlights on 2018's in the states, but have we seen anything like that in Canada? I'm curious because my car shouldn't have ICONs
I think it was only during that timeframe (July to Sept) when many in the USA were getting it but it was a risk. I ordered the ICON's (552) to be sure I got it. It looks so much better with the new style. Worth the extra $2K.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #60
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBF80 View Post
Hey Sassicaia, Parabolica just pointed out that it was your M3 order that I bought. Thanks for a beautiful build!
haha! Awesome!

Im glad someone appreciates it. For the right person its a perfect build. Ill keep my eyes peeled for it on the street. Drive around downtown much?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 02:52 AM   #61
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

I am curious, what do you get in ED?
Do you get free flights? I am asking because I want it so bad... a SA I talked to must be ignorant, only thing he tells me about ED he said “ well, bmw canada dont like ED, it is costing them and not popular “. He dis not or wouldnt explain in details, I walked out w/o asking much. He clearly seemed not knowing much.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #62
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
Lots of info on ED on this forum.

With Canadian ED, you basically get to pick up the car at BMW Welt in Munich instead of your dealer. There are no free flights or specific discounts. I love it and have picked up 5 cars this way.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 11:00 AM   #63
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Do you get free flights? I am asking because I want it so bad... a SA I talked to must be ignorant, only thing he tells me about ED he said “ well, bmw canada dont like ED, it is costing them and not popular “. He dis not or wouldnt explain in details, I walked out w/o asking much. He clearly seemed not knowing much.
You pay for your own flights and hotel. BMW prepares your car, insure and license it for you.

That SA is an idiot and he's most likely doesn't know the ED paperwork procedure and too lazy to do it. BMW Canada is all about promoting ED, if not, they wouldn't have done the Euro trips in the past.

Again, go talk to my friend James at Autowest if you want to do ED. He's very experienced at all the paperwork and arrangements.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #64
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
More likely than not, your sales doesn't want to deal with it or don't know about it so he's telling you not to do it.
Appreciate 2
M4_GTS1152.50
Ggeezer251.50
      02-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #65
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I'm still waiting for my production number.

How long does it usually take? James said he's waiting for it from his manager, or was it BMW Canada. I don't remember exactly which.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #66
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm still waiting for my production number.

How long does it usually take? James said he's waiting for it from his manager, or was it BMW Canada. I don't remember exactly which.
The production number comes from BMW Canada (cant remember the gentleman's name). It depends on your order and options but you should have it within a couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0