GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #89
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

ED is coming up on 9/20, looking at the MyBMW site, I can see the car has completed production, but I can't see more than just exterior and interior color choices. Is there a way to see the full configuration there?

It also doesn't show a step for ED, just shows 03 step as En Route to US.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #90
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBeamer
ED is coming up on 9/20, looking at the MyBMW site, I can see the car has completed production, but I can't see more than just exterior and interior color choices. Is there a way to see the full configuration there?

I don't think so. You can try plugging the last seven of your vin in here. http://www.bmwvin.com

ED 8/18 - PCD 10/19 | 2016 F82 M4 6MT | Alpine White | CF Roof | CF Trim | Black Extended Leather | Executive Package | Lighting Package | Adaptive M Suspension | 19" 437M Black Wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #91
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGuyDC View Post
I don't think so. You can try plugging the last seven of your vin in here. http://www.bmwvin.com
Thanks! looking at your sig, your doing ED a couple of days before me! Excited?

How do you know the PCD date already?

Do you also see the same as what I see on the MYBMW site?

I don't know the VIN yet, is that something I would know by now?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #92
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBeamer View Post

You can check with your CA, but all that is normal. Status won't change to En Route until after you have dropped off the car.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #93
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Does anyone know if two regular sized luggage bags (checked-in size) would fit the trunk of a M4?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #94
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Does anyone know if two regular sized luggage bags (checked-in size) would fit the trunk of a M4?
They will.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #95
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane
Quote:
They will.
Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #96
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! looking at your sig, your doing ED a couple of days before me! Excited?

How do you know the PCD date already?

Do you also see the same as what I see on the MYBMW site?

I don't know the VIN yet, is that something I would know by now?
I actually did my ED last year.

At least when I added my car to the bmwusa site a window popped up that displayed the last 7 digits of the vin. You can always call BMW to get it or your CA.

ED 8/18 - PCD 10/19 | 2016 F82 M4 6MT | Alpine White | CF Roof | CF Trim | Black Extended Leather | Executive Package | Lighting Package | Adaptive M Suspension | 19" 437M Black Wheels
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #97
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They will.
Awesome!
I fit one large, two carry, and a backpack without putting the seats down. Pretty amazed by that honestly.

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:40 PM   #98
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGuyDC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They will.
Awesome!
I fit one large, two carry, and a backpack without putting the seats down. Pretty amazed by that honestly.
I was actually hoping to put two large and one carry on, and maybe a small backpack in there without having to fold seats. But putting too large might might not work
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #99
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They will.
Awesome!
I was actually hoping to put two large and one carry on, and maybe a small backpack in there without having to fold seats. But putting too large might might not work
I've just learned to pack well. Roll your clothes instead of folding. I can travel two weeks between a carry on and backpack. Of course my carry on will weigh close to 50 lbs. Technically, it won't fit in those bag sizing things at the gates, but it always fits in the plane overhead bins as I try to avoid checking bags if I don't have to.

Women on the other hand require much more stuff. Hence why we had the large suitcase too. Funny I actually managed to put two bottles of French wine in my bag when I checked it on the return trip.

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #100
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've just learned to pack well. Roll your clothes instead of folding. I can travel two weeks between a carry on and backpack. Of course my carry on will weigh close to 50 lbs. Technically, it won't fit in those bag sizing things at the gates, but it always fits in the plane overhead bins as I try to avoid checking bags if I don't have to.

Women on the other hand require much more stuff. Hence why we had the large suitcase too. Funny I actually managed to put two bottles of French wine in my bag when I checked it on the return trip.
I'm bad, a classic over-packer. Even still, if it weren't for a washer/dryer in my hotel in Barcelona at the end of my trip, I would have had to fly home in dirty clothes.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #101
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

We have parking at the AirBnB we are staying at. It's about 5mins from the Welt. But it's very tight. Can I leave the car in the BMW underground garage? do they charge for that?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 08:47 PM   #102
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
Quote:
We have parking at the AirBnB we are staying at. It's about 5mins from the Welt. But it's very tight. Can I leave the car in the BMW underground garage? do they charge for that?
Yes. It's free, but I think you need to ask for vouchers if you self park. I only used the valet when I came back two weeks later for my factory tour.

Appreciate 1
      09-12-2016, 09:34 PM   #103
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes. It's free, but I think you need to ask for vouchers if you self park. I only used the valet when I came back two weeks later for my factory tour.
So I can just give it to the valet then? Is it only when you have some appointment with them? No issues leaving overnight?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #104
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

This thread had really set me up for a great trip! thank you guys!

I have some final items I wanted to ask.

1. I see for the drop off they need the "original" purchase order. Is that something you get at the Welt when you do the paperwork? because all i have is my copy of the purchase order without any signatures.

2. I got an email from LogInOut that I can drop the car off after 4pm by appointment for 50EUR. Since we can maximize our day , I was thinking of using that option and dropping off around 6pm. But does anyone see any risk leaving it so late? because I have am leaving at 6AM next morning, and won't be able to try to drop off again if I miss this appointment. Has anyone had any issues with these appointments?

Thanks again everyone!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #105
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetmasters View Post
I'm waiting for the dealer to get back to me for ED confirmation for either 9/19 or 9/20 and said there will be a packet mailed to me. I feel like this should have been sent long ago. In everyone's experience should I already be scheduled by now? I requested this over 75 days ago and thought it would be enough time.

Trip is already planned and booked for Munich but if I don't get my car at this time I might just ask for a refund on my deposit . Looking for the once in a lifetime experience here.
Did you get a date confirmed yet? I'll be picking up mine and am booked for the factory tour on 9/19
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #106
Bmwhocr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3 | NB Miata

Quote:

1. I see for the drop off they need the "original" purchase order. Is that something you get at the Welt when you do the paperwork? because all i have is my copy of the purchase order without any signatures.

2. I got an email from LogInOut that I can drop the car off after 4pm by appointment for 50EUR. Since we can maximize our day , I was thinking of using that option and dropping off around 6pm. But does anyone see any risk leaving it so late? because I have am leaving at 6AM next morning, and won't be able to try to drop off again if I miss this appointment. Has anyone had any issues with these appointments?

Thanks again everyone!
BMW will provide you with everything you need at the Welt to drop off the car with LoginOut so dont lose it! Theres a small blue folder they give you to keep everything together.

Have a great time, I just got back from my trip and it was AMAZING!!

Oh - the speed limit is enforced by cameras which I forgot about getting carried away on the autobahn. Locals said +10 is reasonable. I have a feeling I might be getting a few tickets in the mail soon..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #107
MrSmileyDC
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F82  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So I can just give it to the valet then? Is it only when you have some appointment with them? No issues leaving overnight?
Yes, probably worth saying you're leaving it overnight. Once you drive out of the Welt, turn right and head back over to where you first checked in at. There is a desk right at the entrance. Just keep in mind that the Welt will need to be open when you intend to get your car back if you valet.

Most likely they won't ask any questions. German efficiently for you.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 06:22 PM   #108
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
The best way to know if your luggage and everything you're going to take on your trip will fit is to take everything that you're going to take on your trip to your dealer and test-fit it all in an M4. The goal is for the luggage and almost everything to fit in the trunk without having to fold down the seats and making your luggage visible. You can put your carry-ons in the back seat or behind the front seats.

We did this for both of our Euro Deliveries. You don't want any surprises! For the first delivery of my wife's 2011 335is Coupe, we discovered that our two "regular" 26" TravelPro suitcases didn't fit in the trunk efficiently, side by side. We went to a local department store, bought a 24" TravelPro for a ridiculous price, went back to the dealer, and found that the 26" and the 24" fit perfectly side-by-side. (All three suitcases fit with plenty of room in my wife's previous car!) Then we took the 24" suitcase back to the department store and returned it and ordered it online for half the price. Note that the fit will be tighter when the suitcases are packed and will be even tighter on the return trip, as you will add more stuff.

We used the same suitcases for the Euro Delivery of my M4 and were surprised to find out that the fit empty was tighter in the M4, possibly due to the wider wheel wells. Everything fit fine at delivery though.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #109
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwhocr
Quote:

Thanks again everyone!
BMW will provide you with everything you need at the Welt to drop off the car with LoginOut so dont lose it! Theres a small blue folder they give you to keep everything together.

Have a great time, I just got back from my trip and it was AMAZING!!

Oh - the speed limit is enforced by cameras which I forgot about getting carried away on the autobahn. Locals said +10 is reasonable. I have a feeling I might be getting a few tickets in the mail soon..
Thanks!

What's the easiest way to know the unrestricted areas of the autobahn? ?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #110
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, probably worth saying you're leaving it overnight. Once you drive out of the Welt, turn right and head back over to where you first checked in at. There is a desk right at the entrance. Just keep in mind that the Welt will need to be open when you intend to get your car back if you valet.

Most likely they won't ask any questions. German efficiently for you.
Cool. We might park at the Airbnb apartment too, but they have one of those dual level parking things where the car goes up and down. I've never used one of those, so thought maybe I'll skip it.
Appreciate 0