BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-10-2015, 06:03 AM   #1
mj7801
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 AW

2016 M3/M4 U.S. Military Price Guide - official

Received this today. I actually got a better deal from a dealer stateside. I was working with Superior Motors MSP out of Japan.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MY2016_OPG_BMW_F80__F82_M3_M4_2015_06_09.pdf (192.5 KB, 1881 views)
      06-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Awesome! Thanks for posting this. As spec'd I'm saving ~$600 over 2015MY price on my MY16 M3 order.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
mj7801
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillbilly
Awesome! Thanks for posting this. As spec'd I'm saving ~$600 over 2015MY price on my MY16 M3 order.
Nice!
      06-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
So, do any of the more experienced Mil/Diplo guys know how the allocation for us works versus the PITA allocation problems the stateside guys are dealing with. I purchased my F30 via Diplo sales in 2012 and it was fairly smooth. But this is a different animal as they say...

Edit: I'm expecting to get my allocation/build timeframe soon as I've had my order in for a couple weeks now...but I'm not holding my breath.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 08:23 AM   #5
TENPIN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp. x Dravit/Fiona

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillbilly View Post
So, do any of the more experienced Mil/Diplo guys know how the allocation for us works versus the PITA allocation problems the stateside guys are dealing with. I purchased my F30 via Diplo sales in 2012 and it was fairly smooth. But this is a different animal as they say...

Edit: I'm expecting to get my allocation/build timeframe soon as I've had my order in for a couple weeks now...but I'm not holding my breath.
I ordered my Mil/Diplo 2016 M4 through a German dealership. We rewrote the order that was based on 2015 prices on June 10th and I found out the same day I have a week 27 build and I was given a choice of 29-31 July Welt delivery, which is much sooner than I was expecting.
Past: 2012 335is Black Sapphire Metallic/Black

Last edited by TENPIN; 06-13-2015 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      06-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TENPIN View Post
I ordered my Mil/Diplo 2016 M4 through a German dealership. We rewrote the order that was based on 2015 prices on July 10th and I found out the same day I have a week 27 build and I was given a choice of 29-31 July Welt delivery, which is much sooner than I was expecting.
Holy shite! That's awesome! Do you mean June 10th? I'm not in as big of a rush as I can't take delivery until Sept...but I sure as hell don't wanna be waiting until Dec..I had my order in two weeks ago and still don't have a timeline.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #7
TENPIN
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Holy shite! That's awesome! Do you mean June 10th? I'm not in as big of a rush as I can't take delivery until Sept...but I sure as hell don't wanna be waiting until Dec..I had my order in two weeks ago and still don't have a timeline.
Yep. June 10th. I made the edit. Thanks for pointing that out. Munich is only a four hour train ride from me, so I could be really flexible with the pick-up time.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #8
biggripper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

I've had my order in since early spring but held it back once I found out MY16 started in July. Ended up saving me $775 so I tacked on some more stuff and now it's an even $1k less that the same car would have been last model year.

I'm slated for 14 Aug delivery here in Italy.
FORMER ///F87 M2C | Sunset Orange/Orange | 6MT | Black 788M Wheels
FORMER ///F82 M4 | SSII | Full SO | 6MT | Black 437M Wheels
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #9
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TENPIN View Post
Yep. June 10th. I made the edit. Thanks for pointing that out. Munich is only a four hour train ride from me, so I could be really flexible with the pick-up time.
No worries, thought maybe you had a time machine and I was gonna ask to borrow it if so.

It def seems like Mil/Diplo orders are easier to execute versus the stateside folks.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #10
MilM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SSII BMW M4

2016 M4 Haggle

Good evening fellow brothers-in-arms,

I'm placing my order for a M4 within the next few weeks. This is my first experience going through military sales (I missed my opportunity while stationed in Italy during the late 90s), so I have a few questions for the mil sales vets:

1. Is the base price of $60,400 and cost of options set in stone (due to the discount we're already receiving) or has anyone successfully haggled a lower starting price based on invoice?

2. My sales advisor told me that I can't pick up the car from Germany and that it has to be delivered to the U.K., thus the $875 destination charge (I can put that $875 savings towards a sweet M performance part).

3. Has anyone secured a reasonable insurance rate? Those who did, who did you go through? USAA quoted me $260 a month for full coverage (including my 2012 R1 which is considered in storage at the moment). By the way, I'm a 40 year old male with a clean driving record.

4. Lastly, this is not a question, but merely an observation. I'm going through a bank for the loan, however, I see USAA is running a 0.74% to 1.99% APR special through 31 July for a 36-72 month loan. I think when I go in to work through the loan details I'll mention USAA running the 0.74% APR and see if they'll price match (I won't mention that it's only for 36 months ).

My config will be SS/full SO with exe pack, drivers assist plus, lighting pack, adaptive suspension, black wheels, and enhanced USB. My current M (2001 Laguna Seca Blue M3) has served me well over the 11 years I've owned her. I'll truly miss her and the many fun adventures we've had together. However, she's becoming a money pit with the constant maintenance, I have to pump money into to keep her alive. So it's time we part ways. This will only be the third car I've ever owned, my second M, and first new car, so I'm very excited!

I already planned out my mods that I plan to start slowly buying while awaiting the build/delivery of my car. They are:

- M performance wing with CRT stripe in SS
- M performance diffuser
- M performance splitter with CRT stripe in SS and lower lip (I haven't
decided if I'm going to elect to paint it or leave matte black)
- M performance side sill (I'll have it painted if I paint the front lower lip,
otherwise it will stay matte black)
- M4 painted trunk emblem in gloss black
- M carbon fiber license plate frame
- M4 engine cover painted SO
- M4 tri-stitch leather boot set for the shifter and e-brake
- BMW performance competition e-brake cover
- Haus pedal set in black anodized with M engraving
- M4 custom floor mat set with M4 embroidery and SO piping
- KW height adjustable spring system
- Mach Schnell wheel spacers (I heard 12m and 15m are the best looking,
but may go a little more aggressive, but not sure yet - IND I'll need your help/advice on this one)
- BBS CI-R wheels painted black

(I can almost hear IND licking their chops looking at my mod list and the money I'll be throwing their way)

Wish list:

- Full Meisterschaft exhaust system including down pipes, etc (I can't justify
the $6K - $7K cost for an exhaust, but will jump on a sweet deal if I can
find one)
- Vossen VPS-308 (Once again I can't justify the $7K cost for wheels, but
like the exhaust I will jump on a sweet deal if I come across one)

Last edited by MilM4; 06-18-2015 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #11
TENPIN
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilM4 View Post

I'm placing my order for a M4 within the next few weeks. This is my first experience going through military sales (I missed my opportunity while stationed in Italy during the late 90s), so I have a few questions for the mil sales vets:

1. Is the base price of $60,400 and cost of options set in stone (due to the discount we're already receiving) or has anyone successfully haggled a lower starting price based on invoice? No luck on any haggling for me, but remember...you are not paying sales tax either. I did get 2 years worth of service (which enough to cover me until I return to the states), a loaner thrown in and a really good trade-in price for my 335is. Routine maintenance is not covered here in Germany, so I see this as a win.

2. My sales advisor told me that I can't pick up the car from Germany and that it has to be delivered to the U.K., thus the $875 destination charge (I can put that $875 savings towards a sweet M performance part). I didn't pay any destination charge. Picking it up at the Welt. I wouldn't know why you couldn't pick it up yourself.

3. Has anyone secured a reasonable insurance rate? Those who did, who did you go through? USAA quoted me $260 a month for full coverage (including my 2012 R1 which is considered in storage at the moment). By the way, I'm a 40 year old male with a clean driving record. I was quoted pretty much the same by USAA. I think it was $242. I'm 45.

4. Lastly, this is not a question, but merely an observation. I'm going through a bank for the loan, however, I see USAA is running a 0.74% to 1.99% APR special through 31 July for a 36-72 month loan. I think when I go in to work through the loan details I'll mention USAA running the 0.74% APR and see if they'll price match (I won't mention that it's only for 36 months ). I'll probably go through USAA, but just because it's easy. It'll be my third new car loan with them.

My config will be SS/full SO with exe pack, drivers assist plus, lighting pack, adaptive suspension, black wheels, and enhanced USB. My exact build minus the Driver's Assistance. My current M (2001 Laguna Seca Blue M3) has served me well over the 11 years I've owned her. I'll truly miss her and the many fun adventures we've had together. However, she's becoming a money pit with the constant maintenance, I have to pump money into to keep her alive. So it's time we part ways. This will only be the third car I've ever owned, my second M, and first new car, so I'm very excited!

I already planned out my mods that I plan to start slowly buying while awaiting the build/delivery of my car. They are:

- M performance diffuser
but may go a little more aggressive, but not sure yet - IND I'll need your help/advice on this one)

(I can almost hear IND licking their chops looking at my mod list and the money I'll be throwing their way) LOL

Wish list:

find one)
Sounds like it's going to be a great build. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #12
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilM4 View Post

1. Is the base price of $60,400 and cost of options set in stone (due to the discount we're already receiving) or has anyone successfully haggled a lower starting price based on invoice?

2. My sales advisor told me that I can't pick up the car from Germany and that it has to be delivered to the U.K., thus the $875 destination charge (I can put that $875 savings towards a sweet M performance part).

3. Has anyone secured a reasonable insurance rate? Those who did, who did you go through? USAA quoted me $260 a month for full coverage (including my 2012 R1 which is considered in storage at the moment). By the way, I'm a 40 year old male with a clean driving record.

4. Lastly, this is not a question, but merely an observation. I'm going through a bank for the loan, however, I see USAA is running a 0.74% to 1.99% APR special through 31 July for a 36-72 month loan. I think when I go in to work through the loan details I'll mention USAA running the 0.74% APR and see if they'll price match (I won't mention that it's only for 36 months ).

My config will be SS/full SO with exe pack, drivers assist plus, lighting pack, adaptive suspension, black wheels, and enhanced USB. My current M (2001 Laguna Seca Blue M3) has served me well over the 11 years I've owned her. I'll truly miss her and the many fun adventures we've had together. However, she's becoming a money pit with the constant maintenance, I have to pump money into to keep her alive. So it's time we part ways. This will only be the third car I've ever owned, my second M, and first new car, so I'm very excited!

- M performance diffuser

(I can almost hear IND licking their chops looking at my mod list and the money I'll be throwing their way)

Wish list:

find one)
Wow! I know that E46 is taking some $$ but it's an awesome car/color..I'd hold onto her if possible, even as a side project. If not, let me know what you're asking!
With that said, point 1. -- you can get a better deal but the dealers aren't "supposed" to openly promote it. For example, my dealer is giving me an additional $1500 off the mil m3 price, but it's not reflected in the invoice from Munich.
Mods are great but take a bit of time and enjoy it stock (at least a few days). As far as the wheels...I too was considering something aftermarket but the OEM wheels are so damn light already...I'm probably just gonna stick w spacers (BMS) and probably springs initially.
My dealer doesn't do Welt deliveries either..only NL.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 12:56 AM   #13
P_RsM4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I didn't even try to negotiate a lower price or discount. I figured it was low enough that didn't think about it. You got a great deal if you got an additional 1500 discount. Congrats!

Quote:
Wow! I know that E46 is taking some $$ but it's an awesome car/color..I'd hold onto her if possible, even as a side project. If not, let me know what you're asking!
With that said, point 1. -- you can get a better deal but the dealers aren't "supposed" to openly promote it. For example, my dealer is giving me an additional $1500 off the mil m3 price, but it's not reflected in the invoice from Munich.
Mods are great but take a bit of time and enjoy it stock (at least a few days). As far as the wheels...I too was considering something aftermarket but the OEM wheels are so damn light already...I'm probably just gonna stick w spacers (BMS) and probably springs initially.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 02:22 AM   #14
biggripper
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilM4

- M performance diffuser

Wish list:

find one)
I can't answer your questions as this is my first military purchase.
Your build sounds nearly identical to my own. You going 6MT or DCT?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 02:13 PM   #15
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_RsM4 View Post
I didn't even try to negotiate a lower price or discount. I figured it was low enough that didn't think about it. You got a great deal if you got an additional 1500 discount. Congrats!
Thanks! I was ready to pay the standard Mil/diplo price too but another guy (Airpower handle) turned me on to his guy in the NL and that's kind of his deal to garner business and sweeten the pot, giving a bit more off. I'll drive the hour to his place for delivery for that extra $$ and the fact that he's much more responsive than the local dealership.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #16
biggripper
Captain
Rep

This would have been good to know earlier but I'm guessing that pentagon wouldn't have played ball with me at all. Still, with my config I've saved over 7k off MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #17
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
This would have been good to know earlier but I'm guessing that pentagon wouldn't have played ball with me at all. Still, with my config I've saved over 7k off MSRP.
Ultimately, if you're happy with you build, the timeline, etc, then a little bit more skimmed off the top won't matter the first time you drive the car.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2015, 09:49 AM   #18
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

when will standard US prices get released officially (bmwusa.com)?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 12:44 PM   #19
P_RsM4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Awesome, I would have done the same as you given the chance. I'm still content with the deal I got. As you mentioned, it seems the sales people handling the mil/diplo are much responsive than other sales people. I am super happy with the person handling my ordering in regards to her responsiveness and her professionalism. I hope she continues to be this way all the way until delivery.

Quote:
Thanks! I was ready to pay the standard Mil/diplo price too but another guy (Airpower handle) turned me on to his guy in the NL and that's kind of his deal to garner business and sweeten the pot, giving a bit more off. I'll drive the hour to his place for delivery for that extra $$ and the fact that he's much more responsive than the local dealership.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #20
MilM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
I can't answer your questions as this is my first military purchase.
Your build sounds nearly identical to my own. You going 6MT or DCT?
6 speed manual is the only way to go for me!
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2015, 03:29 PM   #21
MilM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would love to keep the 01 M3, but unfortunately she has been sold. I felt so bad parting ways with her. It was tough, but I couldn't look back as I walked away from her.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #22
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
So, I'm slated for Oct production. Was hoping for Aug/Sept but I reckon it's better than Nov/Dec. Hope it's early Oct or better yet, similar to my F30 order, and it goes into production a couple weeks early.
Appreciate 0