R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #45
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
twilight zone?
      01-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #46
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeeM3 View Post

1= BM3 Tune
2= Downpipe (any company will do the same)
3= Drop in filters
4= AA Midpipe
1. bootmod3 is an excellent tuning platform, especially if you value the GTS TCU flash, along with the additional OTS maps they just made available for no additional cost.

However, if you want to stick to the best bang for the buck approach, it would be wise to wait for PTF to release their OBD unlock functionality, which is currently a work in progress. Otherwise, you'd be looking at having to remove your DME to have one of their authorized shops unlock it (more $$$).

Another solid tuning platform option, and may cost less than bootmod3 is MHD. They're currently in the beta phase of their OBD unlock/flash tuning solution.

Either way, you really can't go wrong with BM3 or MHD if you want to stick to flash tuning.

2. Like what EALm4 said, don't just get any no name downpipes, especially the eBay ones or PLM. Fitment and material quality matter greatly with these things. Stick with VRSF at the very least.

3. Try to find a set of BMC or K&N on Amazon, OR simply remove the OEM charcoal filters and stick to the factory air filter.

4. Skip the midpipes for now, and go with a set of upgraded charge pipes like VRSF. You'll hear people say they've been running the stock charge pipes on their 550whp tune, but there have also been cases where the stock charge pipes shattered even on factory tune.
Appreciate 1
EALm43346.50
      01-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #47
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

I'd pass on the K&N filters and go with the BMC. After holding a pair in my hands they are significantly better made than the K&N. The K&N feel flimsy and cheap. I'll for sure be replacing mine with BMC this spring.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 03:05 AM   #48
Whyte_Diamonds
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
god damn haha
Someone have a crying Jordan meme for this?
Appreciate 1
EALm43346.50
      01-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #49
S.Carter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ER DP, BM3 Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Congrats to the Eagles for making it to the NFC championship game. I like their chances better with a healthy Carson Wentz. Then again, the Vikings haven't had their #1 QB and RB for the majority of the season, so it should make for an interesting matchup.

Anyhow, I wasn't going to do this to you, because I believe in giving people a chance. However, your overall piss poor attitude, and BS statements need to stop at some point, hence, I feel the need to EXPOSE you for your true colors.

Hope you enjoy!

The thing about pretentious NOOBs like you is that even the late Miss Cleo would be able to see through your LIES! It was easy to read between the lies (pun intended), especially when several of your posts include statements like, "according to others" or "based on what I've read"...

So this is really not your first time with a BMW, huh? Then I suppose you forgot to mention that in your earlier posts below:

I guess you also failed to list your "other" BMWs in your list of previous cars...

Yes, you're very wrong. You could've said any other tune is JUNK, and I would've responded to you the same way.

I do find it odd that you're bashing one product you've never had any experience with after "months of research". It sure looks like you were singing a much different tune before you even had any kind of tune on your sunroof-optioned M4.

So now that you've decided that a piggyback (JB4) isn't the way to go for you, you all of the sudden have first hand experience of how junky it is?

Here's my advice for you:

1. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

You claim to be a VP/COO of a corrugated box manufacturing company (family business). Just imagine how your employees would feel towards you if you treated them like crap.

2. There is ABSOLUTELY no need to LIE to fit in.

You don't need to pretend to know anything, or claim to have experience in something you clearly don't have any experience in. That's how false/inaccurate information gets spread around.

3. Anything you say on the forums, can and will be used against you.

See advice #2.
Attached Images

01-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #50
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Congrats to the Eagles for making it to the NFC championship game. I like their chances better with a healthy Carson Wentz. Then again, the Vikings haven't had their #1 QB and RB for the majority of the season, so it should make for an interesting matchup.

Anyhow, I wasn't going to do this to you, because I believe in giving people a chance. However, your overall piss poor attitude, and BS statements need to stop at some point, hence, I feel the need to EXPOSE you for your true colors.

Hope you enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
This is not my first trip down the tuning-highway, nor my first BMW, nor the first time I've tuned a BMW. Not sure how much you paid Miss Cleo for a palm reading into my life, but I hope you get a refund because you're dead wrong.
The thing about pretentious NOOBs like you is that even the late Miss Cleo would be able to see through your LIES! It was easy to read between the lies (pun intended), especially when several of your posts include statements like, "according to others" or "based on what I've read"...

So this is really not your first time with a BMW, huh? Then I suppose you forgot to mention that in your earlier posts below:

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have always built my cars the way I wanted them first, then haggled the dealer down from there. I'm new to BMW, so maybe things are different but Im assuming all dealers are the same.

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=204
Quote:
As a future M4 owner... do you have to take your car for "free" service to the dealer you bought it from? Sorry for the NOOB question

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=18
I guess you also failed to list your "other" BMWs in your list of previous cars...

Quote:
Ford AeroStar mini-van (high school) Had the middle seat removed and it was pimped out!
Honda Accord 07 6MT
Honda S2000 05 6MT
Land Rover LR3 2010
BMW M4 2017

Yeah best car I've ever owned- and its a dream to drive. Almost dropped the coin for a Cayman 718 but it wasnt practical for me since its my daily.

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=108

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're very bias, and favor your JB4- you have only praised its greatness... all you have to do is search for your own comments.
Yes, you're very wrong. You could've said any other tune is JUNK, and I would've responded to you the same way.

I do find it odd that you're bashing one product you've never had any experience with after "months of research". It sure looks like you were singing a much different tune before you even had any kind of tune on your sunroof-optioned M4.

Quote:
Not a good analogy...... JB4 does pay off after its use, and can change multiple hands for the same price even after transfer. Once bought used, you can resell for the same price, making a used JB4 pretty much a sure thing to get an ROI for 100% (if used) a sure thing with the pleasure of the increased power. So apples to apples based on my above comments, can you do the same with you FLASH? N E G A T I V E

I never said that the flash was better or worse than piggy If you spent the same, and got a few ponies more with the FLASH, and were happy, then Im glad you did, I'm not hating on the FLASH, just voicing my opinion.

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=34
Quote:
Well that's a whole horse of a different color!
I feel the themed assumption is that the ability to remove codes caused by DP installs would no longer be an option, thus making for an unsightly check engine light being forever present. If you're saying that you can still remove thrown codes "temporarily" until they reappear, then the JB4 is still a viable option.

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...4#post22086254
Quote:
You could go JB4 Piggy Back, this would get you the closest to your goal of 500HP, but you would still be playing on the edge when it comes to warranty concerns. "If" something were to go wrong, you could remove the JB4, and hope there is nothing left behind in the DME that would suggest you tuned the car.

You can score one used for ~$500 - so I'd say for your needs, this would be the best bang for your buck.

If you want true BANG for your BUCK.... go to Tijuana, there is a place called the Hong Kong Club, now there is a place where a $1 (Buck) goes one hell of a long way!

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...74&postcount=4
Quote:
Like the JB4, they can go in and see the logs; which would show them that performance levels had indeed been tampered with. You would be at the mercy of your SA if they caught on.

I used to think the JB4 was all the hype, but the more I read on here, it seems like I will be going BM3 or HEX. There are pros and cons to each of them, and they both have their so called "isasues" but even bolt-ons have problems off the shelf from now and then.

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1#post22136831
So now that you've decided that a piggyback (JB4) isn't the way to go for you, you all of the sudden have first hand experience of how junky it is?

Quote:
I've been researching the JB4 for months on end now, and I had decided that a FLASH TUNE is going to be the way I go (after winter). Now if I only could determine which flash HEX vs. BM3 (???) - this has been a harder breakdown for me that the simple choice of ditching the idea of JB4.

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=21
Quote:
Personally I given up hope in the JB4 as my option. Previous owners are selling and moving on to the Flash options due to the increased stability of the tunes. I'll never run meth or have need to adjust other timing, so Flash is what it is. Hex/BM3...? TBD

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=37

Here's my advice for you:

1. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

You claim to be a VP/COO of a corrugated box manufacturing company (family business). Just imagine how your employees would feel towards you if you treated them like crap.

2. There is ABSOLUTELY no need to LIE to fit in.

You don't need to pretend to know anything, or claim to have experience in something you clearly don't have any experience in. That's how false/inaccurate information gets spread around.

3. Anything you say on the forums, can and will be used against you.

See advice #2.
Fan boys will do anything to try to prove their point(s).

You have shown that you can copy and paste..cool. You still know nothing about me and or my knowledge- wish you actually made sense this time, and I would have given you props, but you disappointed once again.

As I stated, try to provide true knowledge to the OP question before thinking about making a personal vendetta your goal. Cool thanks.

It's squashed in my book and I hope the OP makes their own choices and lives to enjoy them
Appreciate 0