Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Sponsor M3/M4 Project Cars Showcase

Closed Thread

06-23-2017, 03:41 PM   #23
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Even Road and Track require rebuilds every 15k? I figured that would be TTX only.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #24
Motodude310
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Even Road and Track require rebuilds every 15k? I figured that would be TTX only.
Yes, road and track systems also require regular rebuilds. Did a small amount of googling and it seems the set in this post wpuld also require rebuilds after every 15-20k miles of regular street use.

Here is a quote I pulled from a Miata page and a link to a video discussion with an Ohlins rep.

"For a minute or two of the video, the question came up of the short service interval in relation to the high price of the kit (considerably higher for the BRZ than the NC). Jeff discussed seals and shim stacks and stichion, the short of it being that the production of a high performance shock absorber involves quality components that aim at greatly reduced operational friction compared to OEM spec shocks that aim first for operational longevity at the sacrifice of performance. My understanding is that because of the choices Ohlins makes in the types of seals used in their shocks, the rate of deterioration of the shocks performance with use occurs more rapidly than can be expected in most other quality, but less outright performance oriented shocks available for our cars."

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qsGHoTljxQ
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #25
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

So what's the story regarding wheel fitment? I've got four different sets (2 for track, OEM daily use, and a winter set) and I need to be able to use all four without spacers. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread