European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
Who has ED/dropped off in Amsterdam?

Planning on doing ED next July for an M3. I went east last time, kicking around the idea of going west this time. I dropped off in Zurich and had a horrible time due to the reservation not "existing" I swore if I ever did ED again I would drop off at the Welt.

Well here I am 2 years later and im thinking it cant happen to me twice. How was the drop off in Amsterdam? if i go this route I think I would make a stop at the Nurburgring!

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I've dropped off in Amsterdam twice and they were excellent both times. Just email them which day you plan on dropping off.
      08-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
toni8284
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
2016 M3  [0.00]
I just posted yesterday.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1412828
2014 F10 M5 LCI (SOLD)
2011 VO 1M (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2017, 03:33 AM   #4
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

I've dropped off at Amsterdam without a problem. Then again, I've also dropped off at Vienna, Geneva and Nice without problems! Always email and coordinate drop off in advance. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks Guys!!

I verified twice in Zurich it was a total cluster. Thankfully the guy at the desk cared enough to call his boss in to emergency write up the paperwork. They were super apologetic but it was touch and go there for a while, at one point the BMW representative on the phone said I would have to drive it back to Munich, at another point it also looked like I would have to stay a few more days while it got straightened out..

It was a rather sour end to an amazing trip. Like I said, it can't happen twice to me, right? :P BMW ED department followed up with me after I got home to explain what had happened. It was a clerical error in the drop off date that was scheduled in Zurich. Even though it wasn't BMWs fault they apologized over and over again. They even sent a letter a few weeks later confirming it was on the boat and in BMWs hands. They also thanked me for taking advantage of ED. It really is such an amazing program. I hope BMW reads these forums and sees how much we all enjoy it!

Now if I can just decide on a color for my M3 lol!

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
Thanks Guys!!

I verified twice in Zurich it was a total cluster. Thankfully the guy at the desk cared enough to call his boss in to emergency write up the paperwork. They were super apologetic but it was touch and go there for a while, at one point the BMW representative on the phone said I would have to drive it back to Munich, at another point it also looked like I would have to stay a few more days while it got straightened out..

It was a rather sour end to an amazing trip. Like I said, it can't happen twice to me, right? :P BMW ED department followed up with me after I got home to explain what had happened. It was a clerical error in the drop off date that was scheduled in Zurich. Even though it wasn't BMWs fault they apologized over and over again. They even sent a letter a few weeks later confirming it was on the boat and in BMWs hands. They also thanked me for taking advantage of ED. It really is such an amazing program. I hope BMW reads these forums and sees how much we all enjoy it!

I am dropping off in Zürich. Do you think it would be better to follow up a couple weeks in advance as to our drop off date and time. We put it on our purchase order that we are dropping off in Zürich on the last day however now you have me worried.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #7
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Thanks Guys!!

I am dropping off in Zürich. Do you think it would be better to follow up a couple weeks in advance as to our drop off date and time. We put it on our purchase order that we are dropping off in Zürich on the last day however now you have me worried.
Definitely follow up with them. BMW will have you call them at the welt to confirm. It wouldn't hurt to call them a day or two before you drop off as well. I had confirmed with them at the welt and at the beginning of the trip but still something got lost in translation.

It's in an industrial shipping area with little to no markings. Car wash is 15 minutes away as well!

Best of luck! I'm sure my issue was once in a million

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #8
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Thanks Guys!!

Definitely follow up with them. BMW will have you call them at the welt to confirm. It wouldn't hurt to call them a day or two before you drop off as well. I had confirmed with them at the welt and at the beginning of the trip but still something got lost in translation.

It's in an industrial shipping area with little to no markings. Car wash is 15 minutes away as well!

Best of luck! I'm sure my issue was once in a million
Does the BMW iDrive get the address right? Also, the car ash is by the airport right?
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 04:54 AM   #9
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

OP - one other thing. The Amsterdam drop-off location is a long way from Schiphol or the city center. You'll need a taxi to get anywhere after you leave your car. I always email in advance and ask them to arrange a taxi for me. And it's one more way to make sure that they have your reservation and are ready for you.
Appreciate 0