BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

11-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #1
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

Clear Bra Recommendations in Dallas TX (DFW)?

Hi everyone,

I've already bumped a thread in the regional section regarding this, but I wanted to post here also just in case people miss that area.

Long story short, I am looking to get parts of my clear bra redone as it was originally damaged due to track debris. My normal go to guy is no longer in the business so I had his successor redone the areas in question and it came out iffy. To the average vehicle owner it wouldn't be a big deal. But the fit/finish is just bad, edges are trimmed pretty poorly, stretch marks in the film, and in some areas small debris under the film. He even used a permanent marker to cover a stretch mark in one area LOL. I don't want to go back in fear of it coming out worse.

Anyways, does anyone have a good installer recommendation in Dallas? It feels so weird to be out on the search after using one installer for so long. I am currently looking at Speed Shield, DFW Clear Bra (clearcoatfilm.com), or Clear Bra North Dallas (specially their Carrollton location). I am looking at getting Suntek Ultra applied again to match the rest of my film.

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 08:23 AM   #2
mcameron75019
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

I blacked out my roof to make my roof look more like a carbon roof since I have a sunroof. I used Speed Shield in Carrollton and they did a good job. Not familiar with the rest
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Jbellah
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
Hi everyone,

I've already bumped a thread in the regional section regarding this, but I wanted to post here also just in case people miss that area.

Long story short, I am looking to get parts of my clear bra redone as it was originally damaged due to track debris. My normal go to guy is no longer in the business so I had his successor redone the areas in question and it came out iffy. To the average vehicle owner it wouldn't be a big deal. But the fit/finish is just bad, edges are trimmed pretty poorly, stretch marks in the film, and in some areas small debris under the film. He even used a permanent marker to cover a stretch mark in one area LOL. I don't want to go back in fear of it coming out worse.

Anyways, does anyone have a good installer recommendation in Dallas? It feels so weird to be out on the search after using one installer for so long. I am currently looking at Speed Shield, DFW Clear Bra (clearcoatfilm.com), or Clear Bra North Dallas (specially their Carrollton location). I am looking at getting Suntek Ultra applied again to match the rest of my film.

Thank you in advance!
im sure you have already got this but if not hit u triteck and ask for david. They do the best work!
Appreciate 0