Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-12-2015, 02:47 AM   #67
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterScene View Post
I went through getBMWparts and used their coupon code as I also picked up black grilles and license plate frames. Still don't have a plate on the front but will most likely buy the "Sto and Sho" from Big Mike's.

I have a little over 2,100 miles on the car now. Definitely enjoyable and has a more luxury feel over my old 335i. I usually start up in "Beast" mode when leaving work but not home. At the risk of jinxing myself I hear no rattles or squeaks and the "Gummi Pflege Stift" I bought back in July sits in the cupboard unused. Of course, between the exhaust/ASD and all tyre noise due to all the roads here that are bare concrete I'm not sure I'd hear anything anyway (plus I'm going deaf).

I said I wasn't going to spend a bunch of money on car cleaning stuff and now own most of Adam's products, loads of microfibre towels, a metrovac, Sonax wheel cleaner, ...
Yup, luckily the 2016s don't seem to generally have a lot of squeakies and rattles. My car is mouse quiet over all sorts of bad roads here in the east coast.

As for cleaning products, got to admit, I go for some basic stuff that's been around for eons...for two reasons a) lazy to clean b) cheap sob lol. I use Klasse AIO, some Meg Detailer/Quik Wax, and a couple Zaino products for the interior. Try to keep it to real cleaning every 2-3 months, and weekly quick wash downs, dry off with a damp cloth of detailer.

One thing I'm glad I installed were the Power Stop front brake pads. Really works, equal to OEM performance, and ZERO brake dust- I HATE cleaning wheels, what a PITA.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 03:48 AM   #68
Jeromakazi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Onboard Bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvo5319 View Post
hey guys. i was able to order the cup tray holder through this link

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/46...nterid=2461801

Use code holiday2015 for an extra 20 percent off and it should be around 20 bucks with free shipping!
Can an IPhone 6+ fit in the tray holder?

IG - Frznred
website - Under construction
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #69
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

Hello,

August build here but was waiting with you guys during September because of ED. My timeline~

07/30- Committed to a dealership/price
08/15- Signed all paperwork
08/31- Took delivery in Munich
09/11- Drop off in Amsterdam/ Dionysos Leader
11/23- Re-delivery

The wait was incredibly brutal but all worth it in the name of ED! Had a blast and I cant wait to do it again. I can relate to a few things you guys have pointed out~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoce1 View Post
I always do not know where to put my phone, every time I get in the car. End up putting in the door.
-My phablit sized phone doesn't really fit in the cup holders, don't like the idea of putting it in the door or the center console. I tried the secret compartment but I tend to leave my phone in the car. I've just been leaving my phone right on the passenger seat lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterScene View Post
I said I wasn't going to spend a bunch of money on car cleaning stuff and now own most of Adam's products, loads of microfibre towels, a metrovac, Sonax wheel cleaner, ...
I also said the exact same thing... Living in Seattle and having owned a black sports car in the past, I really just wanted a car to not be OCD about, but within days I ordered a bunch of Adam's product, Sonax cleaner, whoolies brush.. I can go on and on.

I've also said this about not buying ANY mods, and Ive held true to my word there, but my will isn't as strong as the day I signed up for the car...

My initial impressions at delivery that really stick out. Please note that I did not test drive an M3 or any BMW for that matter before buying.

Pros~

~Holy crap the torque... Ive never owned a turboed car and I gotta say, It really is nice.

~This took me by surprise, but I love how loud the car is without it being too overpowering. I for some reason thought it would be a quiet car.

~The corner ability of this car is unreal. I can only imagine what a professional driver can do behind the wheel.

~Car is a bit bigger than I thought it was going to be. Learned the hard way in Italy

~Steering feel is great, I never really understood why people dislike it so much.

~SO interior looks so much better in person. I've never seen it in person before checking the box and was a bit worried.

Cons~

~I for some reason thought the I would sit "lower" in the car. I feel like I am in a small SUV. I guess the thought of getting back in a sports car = super sporty seating position.

~Turning radius is terrible.

~The 6MT gearbox is a bit notchy, especially 1st-2nd gear. It has this "clunky" sound and sensation going in and out of 1st gear.

The cons are really overpowered by all the pros, and I truly do love driving every mile

Anyhow, Here are a few pictures~

First sight, just kidding, I took a quick peak while I was waiting in the waiting room. I couldn't help myself.

Delivery photo

Ran into another EDer getting our Austrian Vignette. He actually did his delivery right next to mine.

Somewhere in Switzerland

Somewhere else in Switzerland

Nurburgring!

Coolest gas station ever

Hotel parking garage at the ring. Just trying to fit in

M3 parked next to my other car that will probably rarely be driven now.

Looking forward to more pictures from you guys!
Appreciate 4
      12-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #70
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
-the car does not feel fast to me until i look at my actual speed.
I have come to accept this with its flat torque curve and rigid chassis
Yup, pass someone on the highway and next thing I know I'm going 95
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 11:26 PM   #71
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
Did everybody receive the little cover for the cupholders? My car never had this (unless its hidden someplace I never found).

I totally forgot that part existed, looks much better than the cupholders.
I didn't...I kept the one I had from my previous car hee hee. I think they discontinued that on the newer 16s.
      12-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #72
woobiee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46/F82

this is basically my 'cover'
Attached Images

12-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #73
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

well played woobiee
      12-14-2015, 08:15 AM   #74
Bmwguy11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Anyone figured out how to set up connected drive so your phone apps get loaded onto your car and you can control them from the car's connected drive? Can you do this via bluetooth or do you have to do the initial setup by connecting the iphone to the car via USB?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #75
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwguy11
Anyone figured out how to set up connected drive so your phone apps get loaded onto your car and you can control them from the car's connected drive? Can you do this via bluetooth or do you have to do the initial setup by connecting the iphone to the car via USB?
Phone needs to be plugged in with the iPhone app at least background running in your phone
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #76
Bmwguy11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Phone needs to be plugged in with the iPhone app at least background running in your phone
Is that all the time then? Or just for the initial setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #77
JoeKixxon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwguy11 View Post
Is that all the time then? Or just for the initial setup.
I think it needs to be plugged in all the time, and specifically to the USB under the center arm rest.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #78
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep

needs to be plugged in all the time Bmwguy11
      12-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #79
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKixxon View Post
I think it needs to be plugged in all the time, and specifically to the USB under the center arm rest.
correct. No full app support over bluetooth yet. This was one of the biggest disappointments for me with the car, I didn't realize I'd have to be plugged in to have full control over spotify, pandora, etc...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #80
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

It seems I have the issue with ConnectedDrive and software update needed. My Connected Drive services are all missing and the network is saying it is unavailable. I am planning on bringing in the service bulletin when I get my 1200 mile service so they can update the software.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #81
JoeKixxon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
It seems I have the issue with ConnectedDrive and software update needed. My Connected Drive services are all missing and the network is saying it is unavailable. I am planning on bringing in the service bulletin when I get my 1200 mile service so they can update the software.
Yeah I was missing all of the Connected Drive stuff when my car was brand new. The dealer updated the software for me and now it all works. I guess a "batch" of cars went out like that. At least you're not the only one... Otherwise they look at you like you're crazy.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #82
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

What do these apps look like in thebidrive menu?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #83
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK
What do these apps look like in thebidrive menu?
They don't look like anything unless they are loaded on your phone and you have the BMW connected app running. I thought mine was missing too but I just didn't know all the steps to get them there. I'll try and remember to take a pic later
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 11:12 PM   #84
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Just noticed there was ambient lighting in the footwells in the front.

This is how I hold my Nexus 6P (same size as an iPhone 6S+) and iPhone 5Shit using the nice cutout inside the cupholders. It works better with a phablet sized phone than the smaller older iPhones. And there is space to hold 2 phones!

Liking the all around in car ambient lighting now. Feels much nicer than the older E90 style and gives it a more luxury feel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #85
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep

Loaded up the car seat and had my 1 year old in the car... Baby hardly knows any words at all but hit the gas and she was like "weeeeeeeeeeee" ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #86
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Loaded up the car seat and had my 1 year old in the car... Baby hardly knows any words at all but hit the gas and she was like "weeeeeeeeeeee" ...
hahahah, yeah, my girls love it when I gun it. I got commentary during my drive on the Nurburgring like, "dad, you're driving too slow..." yeah...lol
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #87
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Just noticed there was ambient lighting in the footwells in the front.

This is how I hold my Nexus 6P (same size as an iPhone 6S+) and iPhone 5Shit using the nice cutout inside the cupholders. It works better with a phablet sized phone than the smaller older iPhones. And there is space to hold 2 phones!

Liking the all around in car ambient lighting now. Feels much nicer than the older E90 style and gives it a more luxury feel.
yeah I've been playing between classic (amber) and sport (white) ambient lighting...the kids like the white ambient lighting...while dad and mom like the amber...ended up setting one of the memory keys above the radio to settings so I can switch it on the go...

aside from that key...I use a key for split screen and idrve display on/off the most I think...lol
      12-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #88
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
yeah I've been playing between classic (amber) and sport (white) ambient lighting...the kids like the white ambient lighting...while dad and mom like the amber...ended up setting one of the memory keys above the radio to settings so I can switch it on the go...

aside from that key...I use a key for split screen and idrve display on/off the most I think...lol
Yeah, I was liking the white sport lighting as well and used it for awhile but I found myself going back to the classic amber since it has a slightly more mellow feel. In the wife's i3 its no doubt the "modern" white glow works better since the i series cars are nothing like a "classic" BMW hahah
Appreciate 0