Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

11-30-2015, 07:19 AM   #23
aedwardsix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Jerez e90 M3

Very nice color combo! Alcantara top half with deckshelf compliments the interior! Have you considered doing anything with the seat backs? Possibly amaro brown in the centers and alcantara on the outsides? Much like this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #24
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Wow, that is gorgeous! And the interior with the additional Amaro is just stunning, well done. It's what BMW should have offered as a part of the full leather pkg. Wish I'd have done this to mine but I fear I'd still be waiting. I did the same to my 2011 E92 and just loved it, only problem back then was the lack of leather dash and upper door trim possibilities. It came NO WHERE near the look of yours. Congrats!!!
      11-30-2015, 07:15 PM   #25
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedwardsix View Post
Very nice color combo! Alcantara top half with deckshelf compliments the interior! Have you considered doing anything with the seat backs? Possibly amaro brown in the centers and alcantara on the outsides? Much like this?
Very well done
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 09:43 AM   #26
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

this is so classy and clean all the way around. love the silverstone, silver 19's, CCB's and tasteful stance. the amaro interior is icing on the cake. wow

EDIT: didn't even notice the alcantara headliner until now. please provide more details! looks great - this is something that's on my wish list, so would be interested to hear more about where you got it, what was involved, etc.

Last edited by Brosef; 12-01-2015 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #27
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

Quote:
EDIT: didn't even notice the alcantara headliner until now. please provide more details! looks great - this is something that's on my wish list, so would be interested to hear more about where you got it, what was involved, etc.
I bought it from EAS and had it installed by EAS, but IND is the vendor for it. It's not cheap, but you can do a core exchange for your old one to offset some of the cost. Installation took almost a full day from start to finish so labor is a factor is as well, but overall, the quality and fit and finish are OEM. Glad I did it. IMO, the difference in these interiors is the quality of the materials and this improves things a bit further.

Quote:
And the interior with the additional Amaro is just stunning, well done. It's what BMW should have offered as a part of the full leather pkg.
Thanks man, totally agree. The console was standard fare on the E92 and I was a bit surprised when I saw a full leather setup with a plastic console. But there was other things they did on the E92 like color-matched plastic that they wouldn't do for me. I think BMW needs to bring its Individual program in line with some of the luxury companies with more options for customization.

Quote:
I did the same to my 2011 E92 and just loved it, only problem back then was the lack of leather dash and upper door trim possibilities.
I remember your E92 - that thing was a work of art. Are you going to do something similar on the F82?

Quote:
Have you considered doing anything with the seat backs? Possibly amaro brown in the centers and alcantara on the outsides?
I gotta tell you, that looks pretty darn good. I'd be interested in something like that if it was possible to get the same OEM leather.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your pics and the prices. Sometimes people act like that'd be "pulling a Snowden."
Ha ha! Glad to do it - and that's what these forums are for. With the amount of work it took, I'm hoping this makes it quick and easy for the next guy.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #28
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Very nice!!! You have pretty much build the M4 version of the M3 i'm ordering.

Just wondering, are you still happy with the interior colour, I have seen it once and it's very, very hard to find a car with it in, in the UK for some reason. I'm pretty sure it will look awesome with silverstone, but your pictures are the only decent ones I have seen the two together.

You know how it is too many options and then you start to doubt your choices.

With the BAV Sound upgrade is that just the speakers are changing out the amp as well? I have a set of Gladen speaker that i'm thinking dropping into the M3 when it comes but not sure about the amp.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 11:04 AM   #29
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 540i 6sp; 2016 M4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
VJust wondering, are you still happy with the interior colour, I have seen it once and it's very, very hard to find a car with it in, in the UK for some reason. I'm pretty sure it will look awesome with silverstone, but your pictures are the only decent ones I have seen the two together.
Here are a few of the pics I have posted of my F83. I ordered it sight unseen. I was a little nervous about it, but in person it is stunning!
Attached Images

Last edited by sraj; 04-03-2016 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #30
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Your choice to lower on HAS

Details!!!!
Very classy outcome. Car looks great.

A question regarding your choice to lower the car with HAS.
Like you, i'm considering an "OEM plus" drop.

Did you consider any of the conservative spring options? (AC, Eibach....)

If so, why did you stick with HAS?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 12:34 PM   #31
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

I like how they give you a color matching side brake with this option
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #32
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just wondering, are you still happy with the interior colour,
Yeah, I love it. It was the best choice I made on the car. It just "feels nice" every time I get in.

Quote:
With the BAV Sound upgrade is that just the speakers are changing out the amp as well?
Just the speakers. Huge difference though. You really have to fuss with the HK to try to clean up or "fix" the top end. The Bavsound sounds right. No fussing required.

Quote:
Here are a few of the pics I have posted of my F83. I ordered it sight unseen. I was a little nervous about it, but in person it is stunning!
Spectacular. Looks amazing. Classy and mean at the same time.

Quote:
Did you consider any of the conservative spring options? (AC, Eibach....) If so, why did you stick with HAS?
I did consider some of the "plug n play" options. But I'm a perfectionist. If I went with Eibach and it looked slightly too high or low, I'd be pissed. I didn't want to take the chance. With the HAS, it was insurance that I would be able to get it exactly as I wanted. Also very much worth the money.

That said, I'm having trouble with driveways in LA. There's a lot of steep driveways here and I'm finding it pretty much impossible to avoid scraping. And it doesn't matter how careful you are, you'll scrape.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #33
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddster View Post
Yeah, I love it. It was the best choice I made on the car. It just "feels nice" every time I get in.

Just the speakers. Huge difference though. You really have to fuss with the HK to try to clean up or "fix" the top end. The Bavsound sounds right. No fussing required.

I did consider some of the "plug n play" options. But I'm a perfectionist. If I went with Eibach and it looked slightly too high or low, I'd be pissed. I didn't want to take the chance. With the HAS, it was insurance that I would be able to get it exactly as I wanted. Also very much worth the money.

That said, I'm having trouble with driveways in LA. There's a lot of steep driveways here and I'm finding it pretty much impossible to avoid scraping. And it doesn't matter how careful you are, you'll scrape.
I thought i'm the only one that thinks that way. You're right. Eibachs just seem a tad too close to oem. I'll be looking at AC further. But HAS seem like the way to go. Imagine detroit metro roads (no good) and driving my M4 year round even as my winter car. Snow plowing, here i come. Thanks for the insight.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #34
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

I love it. Especially the interior.

Platinum is the stitching color that comes standard with amaro brown?

I was considering swapping my CF trim, for ash gray but these pics have swayed me toward piano black. Provided I can find a source
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 09:21 AM   #35
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Threads like this really make me reconsider getting cloth interior. Damn it
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #36
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Wow, probably one of the nicest interiors I've seen so far on the F8x generation. Very classy and well worth the extra premium paid.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #37
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

WOW love it!

Was the Alcantara headliner BMW factory fitted?
      04-05-2016, 07:08 AM   #38
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedwardsix View Post
I didn't do the Alcantara sides, but I did do the seat center sections in Amaro. I also have the Amaro console. I'm planning to get up more photos but I'm waiting on some trim pieces for the interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #39
Golfster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: DD: Macan GTS, W/E: 992S

That car looks so right on! Well done!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:25 PM   #40
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamDavid View Post
I didn't do the Alcantara sides, but I did do the seat center sections in Amaro. I also have the Amaro console. I'm planning to get up more photos but I'm waiting on some trim pieces for the interior.
Wow that's really beautiful. The back of the seats should come like that with full leather
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 10:13 AM   #41
buddster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Platinum is the stitching color that comes standard with amaro brown?
Yes. I found out that that BMW NA was not aware of this. 3/4 of the way through the process, they were informed by Munich and we had to rework everything. It looks pretty white though. You can't tell it's not white.

Quote:
Was the Alcantara headliner BMW factory fitted?
No, mine came from IND and was installed by EAS.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #42
Skarlet910
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 F83 Indy SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddster View Post

You need to go into driveways at an angle. That way, I can almost always avoid scraping my 05 Mustang GT.

Last edited by Skarlet910; 06-02-2016 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2016, 02:32 AM   #43
mpilot26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 MG w/Amaro Brown, two BSM

Amara brown full merino leather interior is definitely the classiest way to go. Here's how it looked on my F80 M3 with mineral gray exterior
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
WI_Rob93.50
      08-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #44
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
:thump:

Love your car and the color choices you picked out. I like that you changed out the gear shift knob to the glossy black finish. I am curious as to why BMW does not offer the Ceramic Controls option for the ///Ms because I think it looks amazing compared to the standard matte grey color.

In any event, hope you enjoy your M4 and looking forward to seeing more pics of your car.

Just noticed that was someone else pic of their gear shift. Sorry for the mix up. Still your M4 is top notch!

Last edited by Takumi587; 08-02-2016 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Sorry that was someone else's picture of gear shift knob!
Appreciate 0