Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

02-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #23
Moota
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Ferrari Red M4- 12 M3(Sold)

Did you place your order in December or January?

Did you reach out to other local dealers telling them about your situation and the price your original dealer quoted you? A lot of times in the interest of earning business and conquesting sales from other dealerships they may match it
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 01:37 AM   #24
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCThreePedals View Post
$1k isn't much, push for cost on the MPE and they will have your word you won't cancel. 3-6 month wait with no guarantee is quite defeating.

Don't forget that the ball is in your court. Also don't look into a M6, they're huge and the body isn't timeless like the F8x

The M6 is GC is definitely way more timeless than a M4. 85% of the time you can't even tell the difference between a m4 or a m sport 428 unless you look real close. There is not much difference IMO between those two cars (cosmetically speaking) of course. Not to mention the M6 doesn't sound like a gutter lawn mower.

Sorry to hear of your troubles OP. I would definitely try to get more than 1k off due to the unexpected/unseen wait..
Appreciate 1
boi222179.00
      02-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #25
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2018 M550i, 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moota View Post
Did you place your order in December or January?

Did you reach out to other local dealers telling them about your situation and the price your original dealer quoted you? A lot of times in the interest of earning business and conquesting sales from other dealerships they may match it
I placed my order in January. I haven't reached out to other dealers, because I did reach out to them before, and they were not able to even come close to the price this dealer is giving me. Now with an extra $1k off, I doubt they would come anywhere close to the price.

Now that I have to wait, I am upgrading the interior to full individual, which I will also push for the dealer to cover. The wait sucks a lot, especially because I thought I was going to have the car soon, but in the end if I can get more things I want with the car and at a cheaper price, it will be worth it. Hopefully they can get me an allocation soon and put the order in. At this point I am thinking not to push it too much, because I might as well get the 2019 model, which should start production in May.
      02-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #26
Moota
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Ferrari Red M4- 12 M3(Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoce1 View Post
I placed my order in January. I haven't reached out to other dealers, because I did reach out to them before, and they were not able to even come close to the price this dealer is giving me. Now with an extra $1k off, I doubt they would come anywhere close to the price.

Now that I have to wait, I am upgrading the interior to full individual, which I will also push for the dealer to cover. The wait sucks a lot, especially because I thought I was going to have the car soon, but in the end if I can get more things I want with the car and at a cheaper price, it will be worth it. Hopefully they can get me an allocation soon and put the order in. At this point I am thinking not to push it too much, because I might as well get the 2019 model, which should start production in May.
Full Individual interior pushes your build back even longer. I think it adds 1-2 mos
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #27
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2018 M550i, 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moota View Post
Full Individual interior pushes your build back even longer. I think it adds 1-2 mos
Yea, I know. But I figured if I currently still do not have any build date and wont know anything until April, I might as well push the individual order through right now, so it all can get approved. This way I might end up still getting the same build date with full individual, as I would if I do not change my order at all. From what I understand they wont have a build date sooner than April, at which point I told my CA I would rather push for May and get the 2019 model (1 month is not a big difference, but getting a 2019 year I think is definitely worth the 1 month wait). So if I am pushing them for a May build date, I figured if I push through the individual order right now, I might still end up getting the May build date and getting the seats I want. Hopefully the seats do not end up making the build date go in to June or July, but at this point I figured id rather have a real reason for a delay, than just the fact that they do not have an allocation.