EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-08-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
mattkim85
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

BPM Stage 1 Review (Previous Hex tune owner)

First off, my previous car MY15 F82 had a stage 1 VF Hex tune bench flashed at Supreme Power as soon as it came out (05/2016). They had top notch service and I was extremely pleased with the extra power. It was super fast and didn't cause any issues throughout the 1 1/2 years of use. Extremely satisfied.

Recently, I returned my MY15 F82 and got a MY18 F83. I saw some great reviews and decided to try out BPM's (stage 1) product via OBDII. At first, the throttle response was a bit much, even in efficient mode but just as Mike said, it smoothed out, in my case, over the course of 20-30 miles. Now, the power build is progressive and throttle response is excellent without being notchy. And it pulls my fat F83 hard, just like when a plane is about to take off! Super happy with the purchase.

Oh, and Mike's response time was great and very helpful. And as far as install goes,,,as long as you follow the detailed instructions one by one, you will be fine. And that's coming from a guy that doesn't know jack about computers other than video games.

I really feel like both of these companies provide excellent products with exceptional customer service to back it up.
2018 F83 M4 MW
2020 F97 X3MC BSM
Appreciate 3
      02-17-2018, 04:10 AM   #2
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkim85 View Post
First off, my previous car MY15 F82 had a stage 1 VF Hex tune bench flashed at Supreme Power as soon as it came out (05/2016). They had top notch service and I was extremely pleased with the extra power. It was super fast and didn't cause any issues throughout the 1 1/2 years of use. Extremely satisfied.

Recently, I returned my MY15 F82 and got a MY18 F83. I saw some great reviews and decided to try out BPM's (stage 1) product via OBDII. At first, the throttle response was a bit much, even in efficient mode but just as Mike said, it smoothed out, in my case, over the course of 20-30 miles. Now, the power build is progressive and throttle response is excellent without being notchy. And it pulls my fat F83 hard, just like when a plane is about to take off! Super happy with the purchase.

Oh, and Mike's response time was great and very helpful. And as far as install goes,,,as long as you follow the detailed instructions one by one, you will be fine. And that's coming from a guy that doesn't know jack about computers other than video games.

I really feel like both of these companies provide excellent products with exceptional customer service to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkim85 View Post

The lack of "notchiness" is great. The last thing you want is too much power with an erratic power curve. This is not the case w/ the BPM tune. Smooth power delivery. Daily driving is sublime.
      02-17-2018, 06:05 AM   #3
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Nice review
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #4
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep