GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

04-20-2024, 02:14 PM   #1915
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehman63 View Post
How do you check if a blocker was installed 2 owners ago
You can’t other than to make an assessment of the cars physical condition relative to the odometer reading. Worn out driver seat, center console and steering wheel on a low mileage car is a potential red flag. Then pull both Carfax and Autocheck to compare all records, miles and timelines. If things don’t smell right take a pass and buy the next car - there is always one more out there to find.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52722.50
      04-21-2024, 12:50 AM   #1916
maxd23
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mk 7.5 GTI Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
You can’t other than to make an assessment of the cars physical condition relative to the odometer reading. Worn out driver seat, center console and steering wheel on a low mileage car is a potential red flag. Then pull both Carfax and Autocheck to compare all records, miles and timelines. If things don’t smell right take a pass and buy the next car - there is always one more out there to find.
Sage advice. A PPI from a reputable shop that knows BMWs (or the make of the car you're looking to buy) will be able to tell, also.
Appreciate 1
IB M2782.00
      04-21-2024, 05:36 AM   #1917
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Any idea if the DME stores total engine operating time or some similar parameter?
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 03:10 PM   #1918
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Im not assuming anything, rather stating there’s a chance. Not unheard of on a leased from new F80, especially out of NY, FL and CA - I’ve seen a SMB CS with one - shitty but true - to some people the ends justify the means. Hard to tell on a 3 owner car bought sight unseen but that’s a ton of parts replaced for “defects”. Certainly could be a true mileage car but rode hard and put away wet or maybe the first owner weighed 350lbs and had sweaty hands - who knows - but if ur dropping $70k on a 3 owner F80 and paying for low miles my suggestion would be prove to yourself the odometer is true.

There's a chance that every car has a mileage blocker but it's pretty unlikely. I also had the benefit of seeing this car in person. It was in better condition than the vast majority of CS's I've seen. And the reality is that the majority of the CS's out there are 3 owner+ given that these were mostly leases when they came out and resold in ~2021 when the lease was over. For $60k (not $70k as you mentioned) all in for the condition and the low mileage, this car was a great deal. So much that I bid it for whatever it's worth.

In addition, the lip was OEM and in very good condition which most people crack. PPF on car looked to be in good condition, tires were fresh. It was a very clean car and to be honest, I regret not bidding more.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 08:04 PM   #1919
Ev0lutionx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
There's a chance that every car has a mileage blocker but it's pretty unlikely. I also had the benefit of seeing this car in person. It was in better condition than the vast majority of CS's I've seen. And the reality is that the majority of the CS's out there are 3 owner+ given that these were mostly leases when they came out and resold in ~2021 when the lease was over. For $60k (not $70k as you mentioned) all in for the condition and the low mileage, this car was a great deal. So much that I bid it for whatever it's worth.

In addition, the lip was OEM and in very good condition which most people crack. PPF on car looked to be in good condition, tires were fresh. It was a very clean car and to be honest, I regret not bidding more.
Lip was in good condition because just like everything else on that car, it was replaced at one point.

Based on that car’s history, I think it’s good you didn’t bid higher. You will find a cleaner example.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 10:30 PM   #1920
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0lutionx View Post
Lip was in good condition because just like everything else on that car, it was replaced at one point.

Based on that car’s history, I think it’s good you didn’t bid higher. You will find a cleaner example.
I'll take a replaced OEM lip over a broken one which are sooo common.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 10:35 PM   #1921
Ev0lutionx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'll take a replaced OEM lip over a broken one which are sooo common.
As would anyone else. My point was that car had a history of paint work and lots of parts replaced.
Appreciate 1
IB M2782.00
      04-22-2024, 05:10 PM   #1922
mehman63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Someone posted one in the forum, prices leveling out
Appreciate 1
IB M2782.00
      04-22-2024, 06:38 PM   #1923
Ev0lutionx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Someone posted one in the forum, prices leveling out
Not a bad ask for the SMB with CCB.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2099066

There is an AW in a hideous bronze wrap for sale on FB Marketplace.

WBS8M9C5XJ5L00144
$80,000
21k miles

https://www.facebook.com/share/UbXhi...ibextid=79PoIi
Appreciate 2
mehman63108.00
IB M2782.00
      04-23-2024, 08:03 AM   #1924
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Some cars with a “story” can be good deals if you do a full hands on inspection like you did on this car. Maybe this car was one of those good deals. For me, I’d pass and pay a few more $ for a documented no story car.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #1925
Ev0lutionx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Be careful out there…

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2099066
Appreciate 1
peelerec987.50
      Today, 03:04 AM   #1926
mehman63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Link broken

What was it
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:49 AM   #1927
Ev0lutionx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Link broken
What was it

Talk about sketchy! matt@autotalent gets called out and they just delete the for sale thread.

The CS is still available on eBay so do your homework.

WBS8M9C52J5L00896

https://ebayvehicle.com/app/NfuM%20C...0eBay%20Motors

Here is what I had posted in the sale thread…

Not all is as it seems.

5+ Owners
Accident was listed as severe.
Auction announced as structural damage:

- Left Side Damage or Repair Reported
- Right Side Damage or Repair Reported
- Rear Damage or Repair Reported
- Damage or Repair to Bumper Reported
- Damage or Repair to Quarter Panel Reported
- Damage or Repair to Axel Reported

No longer has Carbon Ceramic brakes but steel. That’s $10,000+ difference right there.

If you really want to buy this, go on eBay and save $4,000. It is listed there for $66,995.

https://www.ebay.com/vmw/vhr?vin=AQA...1pIiZ3nyi9Q%3D

Sorry, but it pisses me off when a seller isn’t transparent. They intentionally omit very relevant facts and try to present something for what it’s not. A clean CS this isn’t.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ev0lutionx; Today at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:23 AM   #1928
HPD15M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
What was it

Talk about sketchy! matt@autotalent gets called out and they just delete the for sale thread.

The CS is still available on eBay so do your homework.

WBS8M9C52J5L00896

https://ebayvehicle.com/app/NfuM%20C...0eBay%20Motors

Here is what I had posted in the sale thread…

Not all is as it seems.

5+ Owners
Accident was listed as severe.
Auction announced as structural damage:

- Left Side Damage or Repair Reported
- Right Side Damage or Repair Reported
- Rear Damage or Repair Reported
- Damage or Repair to Bumper Reported
- Damage or Repair to Quarter Panel Reported
- Damage or Repair to Axel Reported

No longer has Carbon Ceramic brakes but steel. That’s $10,000+ difference right there.

If you really want to buy this, go on eBay and save $4,000. It is listed there for $66,995.

https://www.ebay.com/vmw/vhr?vin=AQA...1pIiZ3nyi9Q%3D

Sorry, but it pisses me off when a seller isn’t transparent. They intentionally omit very relevant facts and try to present something for what it’s not. A clean CS this isn’t.
Good job calling him out. I was following his for sale thread as well and found it odd that when he got called out his reply “thanks for the observation.” Seems there are lots of sellers misrepresenting their cars on here.
Appreciate 1