GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Individual Amaro Brown Interior Delayed

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey all, I had an Amaro Brown interior Sakhir Orange m3 for ED pickup 9/9. Anyone have similar issues?

BMW has worked with me and assured me that because this is such a last minute delay I will get an M3 for pickup on 9/9, it just 99% won't be my own but it will be specced similarly.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

TBO I really don't care that it isn't my car if it is similar enough. . . Means I get my car brand new and have to break it in again but it also means my car is spotless and I can take it straight out for tints with no fibers/dust etc in it!

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

ED pickup in 6 days and you're just hearing about this now? Seems to me that you should have been informed earlier. Not sure if it would have helped, but maybe you could have postponed your trip or something.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #3
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep

Just as an FYI... I have an amaro brown interior build that recently went into 112 status.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
brianeck
Rep

I heard officially about 10 days ago, but I cannot postpone my trip, that was the suggestion of my sales associate. . . This is because I literally booked my entire third of the year's business trip AROUND this ED trip and shuffled 3 different flights for it already. I'm in Wales 9/15-9/19, NYC 9/22-9/26, LA 9/29-10/3, Las Vegas 10/6-10/10, Tokyo 10/17-10/24, Bangkok 10/31-11/6, and then Coventry UK from 11/12-11/16. They are ALL WORK trips, and no I'm not Justin Bieber just in case anyone was wondering . So I built my whole schedule around the September delivery, and as I mentioned to my sales associate I didn't want the car if it was going to arrive in the US in December or later because it would be dumb to get out of my xdrive right as the winter kicks in. If that was the case I would just have waited to take delivery next year.

As it now stands I pickup a Sakhir Orange w black full leather m3 specced out just like mine as anticipated next Tuesday, its a second order that is almost a clone of mine save the interior. Its still a bit weird to me, but apparently my dealership is gonna get that car and then sell it seperately. My dealership anticipates arrival of my "true" car w/ amaro brown by 10/15 so it must just be a very very minor delay and due to my INSANE travel schedule they agreed I couldn't pickup at any other time. As of now I currently have 2 F80 M3 production numbers, and one is out of production and the other is 112. It seriously must be like a 6-10 day differential.

Anyways, somehow this all still works out in my opinion and everyone has been very helpful. I just wanted to post what I believe to be a "glitch" in the BMW matrix because I've never heard of anything like this before regarding 2 cars due to a delay, and neither had my Sales Associate.

I standby the fact that I'm still not Justin Bieber either.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
I heard officially about 10 days ago, but I cannot postpone my trip, that was the suggestion of my sales associate. . . This is because I literally booked my entire third of the year's business trip AROUND this ED trip and shuffled 3 different flights for it already. I'm in Wales 9/15-9/19, NYC 9/22-9/26, LA 9/29-10/3, Las Vegas 10/6-10/10, Tokyo 10/17-10/24, Bangkok 10/31-11/6, and then Coventry UK from 11/12-11/16. They are ALL WORK trips, and no I'm not Justin Bieber just in case anyone was wondering . So I built my whole schedule around the September delivery, and as I mentioned to my sales associate I didn't want the car if it was going to arrive in the US in December or later because it would be dumb to get out of my xdrive right as the winter kicks in. If that was the case I would just have waited to take delivery next year.

As it now stands I pickup a Sakhir Orange w black full leather m3 specced out just like mine as anticipated next Tuesday, its a second order that is almost a clone of mine save the interior. Its still a bit weird to me, but apparently my dealership is gonna get that car and then sell it seperately. My dealership anticipates arrival of my "true" car w/ amaro brown by 10/15 so it must just be a very very minor delay and due to my INSANE travel schedule they agreed I couldn't pickup at any other time. As of now I currently have 2 F80 M3 production numbers, and one is out of production and the other is 112. It seriously must be like a 6-10 day differential.

Anyways, somehow this all still works out in my opinion and everyone has been very helpful. I just wanted to post what I believe to be a "glitch" in the BMW matrix because I've never heard of anything like this before regarding 2 cars due to a delay, and neither had my Sales Associate.

I standby the fact that I'm still not Justin Bieber either.
Not sure that I believe (or is it beliebe?) this.

I've never done ED, but I think that you get your ED date well in advance. Having an individual car on order, and seeing how in flux the individual calendar seems to be, it's not surprising that a completion date for an individual car and a scheduled ED date don't always align.

The fact that they're building you a clone car, save for the individual option, says a lot about their ability to shoehorn a car with standard options into their production line.

It's an unfortunate dilemma that you're in. But then again, being Justin Bieber must have its fair share of perks as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

brianneck, wide world?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
brianeck
Rep

Nope I didn't go through them though they are my closest dealer. Orange County up in Monroe/Woodberry.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

So if I understood this correctly, your Amaro Brown int M3 will be sent to your dealer? If so, that's not a bad deal. Pretty good service, if you ask me. You still get to have your ED experience, have fun with a nearly identical car, and get your real car pristine. I'm guessing the SO/Black M3 will be a dealer demo or something.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Sounds great to me! Hopefully they won't check the if you hit the rev limit
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #10
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
So if I understood this correctly, your Amaro Brown int M3 will be sent to your dealer? If so, that's not a bad deal. Pretty good service, if you ask me. You still get to have your ED experience, have fun with a nearly identical car, and get your real car pristine. I'm guessing the SO/Black M3 will be a dealer demo or something.
The way I understand it that is exactly right. I'm not complaining at all, as its basically a win win. I get a brand new M3, just like mine for my 1 week jaunt around Europe, and then I get my car brand new about 1-2 weeks later then it would have turned up anyway at the dealer. The dealer then sells my "other ED" car and probably fetches a great deal on it because they got it at ED invoice, so they profit even despite the 1100-1300 miles I put on it.

Come to think of it I should at least mention that and see if they'll move off my negotiated price, which is actually getting negotiated tomorrow. I've had a deposit in for 3 months but we still haven't actually signed the lease papers yet so I'm getting super nervous seeing as I'm supposed to leave Monday! I'm at 1k off ED MSRP, won't hurt to ask for another 1k off. I'll let you guys know if I make it and whether or not I have a car when I arrive haha.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #11
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
Sounds great to me! Hopefully they won't check the if you hit the rev limit
As a well standing responsible citizen who has heard of crazier liability claims then forum posts before I would never imagine doing such a thing in a brazilian years! That said, hopefully none of my [friend driving another competitors car's] Nurburgring receipts or lap time slips don't fall out in the car. . . BMW I swear I am totally kidding I will love your special loaner as if it was my own!

As it is not my car I will definitely be sure to ask if there are any extended liability issues related to break in etc though just to err on the safe side.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #12
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep

OP... our amaro brown interior cars are likely traveling down the assembly one another. I just got a note from my CA today saying that my car has gone into production. Seems it would just miss being ready for a 9/9 ED pickup had I chosen to take delivery that day.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #13
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Interesting.. I thought Individual Interiors are on hold until 2016 ? Or is that just the contrast stitching ? ... Actually, it may just be the ability to order the contrast stitching. Im on hold until that is available.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #14
brianeck
Rep

Rubber ducky my Amaro Brown car still isnt in production. They arent factory buddies, lol. But im at the united lounge waiting for my 7:30 pm flight to munich to get the other "fake" car right now! Pretty psyched!

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #15
6MMMT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

My Amaro interior M3 is due in NY harbor in 3 days, so guess a few got out before the delays. Hope there isn't anything wrong with mine now, geez. Good luck on your build OP...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #16
brianeck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah3 View Post
My Amaro interior M3 is due in NY harbor in 3 days, so guess a few got out before the delays. Hope there isn't anything wrong with mine now, geez. Good luck on your build OP...
Pics???

Appreciate 0