R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #287
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
In production for Hera Mica Blue as of 03/09 scheduled to finish 03/29
      03-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #288
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Our Individual order was placed in November and shortly thereafter BMW approved the Individual San Marino Blue with Individual Polar Blue contrasting stitching. The dealer finally told us they got an allocation on February 9, and we got our production number on February 20. Yesterday our European Delivery Welcome Kit arrived, but no word from our dealer on approval of our requested delivery dates, so today I called the BMW Order Status number that I had from previous Euro Deliveries. They confirmed the Individual San Marino Blue paint and Individual upholstery but they can't see the details on the upholstery. They said that the car is at status 111 and is scheduled for production in week 17 (April 23). They said that the system shows a "collection date" of May 17, our first choice delivery date. Still no official word from our dealer yet, so we're holding off making flight reservations until we see it in writing.

Here's the full specs on the car:
  • 2018 M3
  • Individual San Merino Blue
  • Individual Polar Blue contrasting stitching on Full Black Merino Leather
  • M Double-Clutch Transmission
  • 19" M Forged Black Double-Spoke Wheels Style 437 M (daily driver, she'll get track tires and wheels for the track)
  • Competition Package
  • Executive Package
  • Driving Assistance Package
  • Active Blind Spot Detection
  • Power Rear Sunshade

This will be my wife's M3, replacing a 2011 335is Coupe 6MT. She had a major milestone birthday in December and it's our 25th anniversary in April.

We have three weeks planned. This is our third Euro Delivery and in two previous trips we haven't seen everything we wanted in Munich, so the first six days will be in Munich, including tours of Deutsche Museum, Nymphenburg Palace, BMW Welt and BMW Museum (again!), hopefully another visit to M Headquarters in Garching, then a tour of the Regensberg plant. Then its off to Rothenburg ob der Tauber for a couple of nights, a night in Hohenschwangau to see Schloss Hohenschwangau (missed it in 2011), and then on to Italy after having lunch in Vaduz, Liechtenstein (missed on our two previous trips).

We'll spend 3 nights in Lake Como, mostly relaxing, but it will probably include some side driving trips.

After Italy we'll drive down to Nice, where we'll stay for three nights and attend the Gran Prix of Monaco on Saturday and Sunday.

Then it's on to Paris, stopping overnight in Lyon to break up the 8-9 hour drive. We'll drive to TT Car Transport at CDG and drop off the car. Then we'll spend 5 days in Paris. We were last there in 1999 and saw most of the major sites including Versailles, so this will a time to see some of the lesser sights, take a boat trip along the Seine, and visit various neighborhoods.

I'll probably post our full itinerary in a separate thread.
Slight hiccup. BMW says they can't produce the car for delivery in the original May time frame due to the Individual interiors being "batched" and the next batch not being scheduled until after our requested May delivery date. They offered us a delivery date of the week of June 25. So there goes our bucket list of attending the Gran Prix of Monaco. Instead, we decided on a delivery date of July 18 and are going to attend the German Grand Prix the following weekend.

Most of the rest of the trip remains the same with the added exception that we will no longer go to Nice and Monaco from Lake Como, but will instead spend a couple of days in Switzerland on the way to Paris.

Currently, the car is in status 111 and we have been confirmed for a July 18 delivery. Unfortunately, fares are now about $600 more per person than they were in November when we first placed our order and seats are no longer available in Lufthansa Premium Economy that we flew two years ago, so we're flying Delta Premium Select, which at least means First Class for the domestic legs.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 10:21 PM   #289
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Quote:
Our Individual order was placed in November and shortly thereafter BMW approved the Individual San Marino Blue with Individual Polar Blue contrasting stitching. The dealer finally told us they got an allocation on February 9, and we got our production number on February 20. Yesterday our European Delivery Welcome Kit arrived, but no word from our dealer on approval of our requested delivery dates, so today I called the BMW Order Status number that I had from previous Euro Deliveries. They confirmed the Individual San Marino Blue paint and Individual upholstery but they can't see the details on the upholstery. They said that the car is at status 111 and is scheduled for production in week 17 (April 23). They said that the system shows a "collection date" of May 17, our first choice delivery date. Still no official word from our dealer yet, so we're holding off making flight reservations until we see it in writing.

Here's the full specs on the car:
  • 2018 M3
  • Individual San Merino Blue
  • Individual Polar Blue contrasting stitching on Full Black Merino Leather
  • M Double-Clutch Transmission
  • 19" M Forged Black Double-Spoke Wheels Style 437 M (daily driver, she'll get track tires and wheels for the track)
  • Competition Package
  • Executive Package
  • Driving Assistance Package
  • Active Blind Spot Detection
  • Power Rear Sunshade

This will be my wife's M3, replacing a 2011 335is Coupe 6MT. She had a major milestone birthday in December and it's our 25th anniversary in April.

We have three weeks planned. This is our third Euro Delivery and in two previous trips we haven't seen everything we wanted in Munich, so the first six days will be in Munich, including tours of Deutsche Museum, Nymphenburg Palace, BMW Welt and BMW Museum (again!), hopefully another visit to M Headquarters in Garching, then a tour of the Regensberg plant. Then its off to Rothenburg ob der Tauber for a couple of nights, a night in Hohenschwangau to see Schloss Hohenschwangau (missed it in 2011), and then on to Italy after having lunch in Vaduz, Liechtenstein (missed on our two previous trips).

We'll spend 3 nights in Lake Como, mostly relaxing, but it will probably include some side driving trips.

After Italy we'll drive down to Nice, where we'll stay for three nights and attend the Gran Prix of Monaco on Saturday and Sunday.

Then it's on to Paris, stopping overnight in Lyon to break up the 8-9 hour drive. We'll drive to TT Car Transport at CDG and drop off the car. Then we'll spend 5 days in Paris. We were last there in 1999 and saw most of the major sites including Versailles, so this will a time to see some of the lesser sights, take a boat trip along the Seine, and visit various neighborhoods.

I'll probably post our full itinerary in a separate thread.
Slight hiccup. BMW says they can't produce the car for delivery in the original May time frame due to the Individual interiors being "batched" and the next batch not being scheduled until after our requested May delivery date. They offered us a delivery date of the week of June 25. So there goes our bucket list of attending the Gran Prix of Monaco. Instead, we decided on a delivery date of July 18 and are going to attend the German Grand Prix the following weekend.

Most of the rest of the trip remains the same with the added exception that we will no longer go to Nice and Monaco from Lake Como, but will instead spend a couple of days in Switzerland on the way to Paris.

Currently, the car is in status 111 and we have been confirmed for a July 18 delivery. Unfortunately, fares are now about $600 more per person than they were in November when we first placed our order and seats are no longer available in Lufthansa Premium Economy that we flew two years ago, so we're flying Delta Premium Select, which at least means First Class for the domestic legs.
Sorry to hear about the delays/changes. Assume that your flying Delta DTW to AMS as this is the only route to Europe that the A-350 flys (true 3 class service with new PS) then connecting to MUC on KLM. Comfort + is not that bad to Europe and there is a direct flight to MUC from ATL.
      03-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #290
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Sorry to hear about the delays/changes. Assume that your flying Delta DTW to AMS as this is the only route to Europe that the A-350 flys (true 3 class service with new PS) then connecting to MUC on KLM. Comfort + is not that bad to Europe and there is a direct flight to MUC from ATL.
AMS Suuuuuucks - leave PUH-LENTY of time to get through passport control for those that don't know / haven't done this recently ...

I've been through there twice in the last few months and omg, AMS passport control lines are horrible, especially the exit-EU one as it just turns into one huge scrum session, and, as far as we could find out, there is no service/status/rewards way to avoid it.

side note, for anyone trying the upgrade on Iberian ... on the surface doesn't seem worth it as they just put you in 3 seat row, but don't seat a middle person ... but it is! At least for us, if for no other reason than boarding priority. And it was only like $100. Totally worth it. i'd have paid more. I HATE the airport.
Appreciate 0