Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

07-06-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

BMW VIP Racing Experience

Just received an invitation for 1/2 Day VIP Racing Experience at Summit Point from BMW for me and a Guest. Includes one hour of instruction, three hours on track, and lunch for $0. Anybody ever do something similar? Anyone else going?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #2
mercedesc63
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
Just received an invitation for 1/2 Day VIP Racing Experience at Summit Point from BMW for me and a Guest. Includes one hour of instruction, three hours on track, and lunch for $0. Anybody ever do something similar? Anyone else going?
Lol if u don't want it I'll take it
      07-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
I did something similar at pocono raceway. Basically a dealership would sponsor a session (morning or afternoon) and they would invite their clients and friends. We spent the morning flogging M5s, M6s, 6 and 7 series cars in autox and lead/follow events. Hung out with some familiar faces at the dealership. It's a lot of fun and worth doing especially if it's free.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
Quote:
Lol if u don't want it I'll take it
Lol, I registered!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 07:54 AM   #5
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
I'm going on 7/27, but both days are now waitlisted. They booked up quickly yesterday after the invites went out.

I've gone to these types of events many times at Summit, including many other marques. BMW always lets you drive their cars the hardest; you can easily get up to 100+ on the straights on any of the 3 Summit circuits. The other marques are way too 'careful' with their cars, even Porsche. Some of them are laughable like Cadillac, Lexus, and Audi where you can't even get past 50mph seriously.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #6
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
Quote:
I'm going on 7/27, but both days are now waitlisted. They booked up quickly yesterday after the invites went out.

I've gone to these types of events many times at Summit, including many other marques. BMW always lets you drive their cars the hardest; you can easily get up to 100+ on the straights on any of the 3 Summit circuits. The other marques are way too 'careful' with their cars, even Porsche. Some of them are laughable like Cadillac, Lexus, and Audi where you can't even get past 50mph seriously.

If you have any questions, let me know.
Pseto - we have actually met a few times before; I have the BSM 1M with VA plates that was frequently seen at MD events (temporarily lived in Columbia for my wife's medical training). I am registered for the 26th.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome experience today at Summit Shenandoah 540, 440 gc, 340 follow the leader laps) and Washington Circuits (m240 autocross). Big thanks to BMW for hosting the event!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 06:20 PM   #8
poor-sha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Well that explains it then. I drove past SP earlier in the week and saw a transporter full of BMWs on the way there and big BMW flags out front. I thought maybe it was a press unveil for a new M car. Glad to hear folks had a good time.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #9
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
I've had invites to a few other events, but never something as exclusive sounding as this. Take the day off and do it.
Appreciate 0