EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

11-03-2014, 04:08 AM   #45
GR3G
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M135i | Apr 15: AY M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Gas View Post
I have been sucked into the BMW branded paint protection and although good and has a 3 year warrenty I found after about 3 months at best the water stopped beading and i was back to waxing the car every few months even though it said not to. I have had the opti-coat on now for 8 weeks and it still looks better than it did in the showrrom. I find all dirt and grime either fall off it or is easily wiped up. It has been washed 6 times now and makes it very easy to wash. The price is much the same but the opti-coat comes with a lifetime warrenty. So far im very impressed with the product.
Wow! Amazing pics! Thanks for the info, I'll be interested to hear how the opti goes over the next few months compared to the OEM protection.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 03:33 AM   #46
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and others

Starting to see more cars around now.

I was out at Eastern Creek for a trackday today. My wife was driving our M4. There was another M4 and M3 there as well, all black on black.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #47
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Interestingly in terms of M3s, I've only seen two YMB and two MW, and only because they are cars owned by myself and 3 other friends lol. I have seen a few M4s though. Black, AY, YMB, White and grey.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #48
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

I must drive in the poorer areas of Sydney i have seen none =(
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 02:40 AM   #49
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and others

To be honest it is difficult for me to spot the difference between an E92 and F82 at a distance in traffic etc
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #50
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo mcs View Post
To be honest it is difficult for me to spot the difference between an E92 and F82 at a distance in traffic etc
That is intereting because they look rather different! However picking F32 and F82 is much harder.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #51
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR3G View Post
Looks amazing!! What do you think of the Opticoat? How does the value compare to the genuine BMW offering? I never take up any dealers upsell offers however considering aftermarket paint protection.
Don't take the dealership protection. At the very least, you may as well spend the money on a PROPER wash kit and buy some spray wax to maintain your paintwork. Let me know if you need further assistance in this area
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 02:59 AM   #52
GR3G
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M135i | Apr 15: AY M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR3G View Post
Looks amazing!! What do you think of the Opticoat? How does the value compare to the genuine BMW offering? I never take up any dealers upsell offers however considering aftermarket paint protection.
Don't take the dealership protection. At the very least, you may as well spend the money on a PROPER wash kit and buy some spray wax to maintain your paintwork. Let me know if you need further assistance in this area
Thanks TWD! Agree. I've decided to pass on the paint protection and save the $$$ and put it towards some M Perf. add ons
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 08:43 AM   #53
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
That is intereting because they look rather different! However picking F32 and F82 is much harder.

100% agree. I think that's what he meant...

Saw a couple f82 tonight around town
      09-11-2015, 07:10 AM   #54
Øzzy
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Hi everybody, here is mine
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 01:57 AM   #55
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Øzzy View Post
Hi everybody, here is mine
Beautiful. Not that I'm biased, but it looks identical to mine. 😊 What is your spec?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 02:40 AM   #56
Øzzy
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Beautiful. Not that I'm biased, but it looks identical to mine. 😊 What is your spec?
I chose everything on the list except for the carbon brakes due to the huge dust they release. I do have the sports performance ceramic brake pads though.
Also went for full leather MERINO/SAKHIR ORANGE seats which I love

What did you get?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 05:27 AM   #57
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

I think you made a mistake there. CCB does exactly the opposite to what you said, in that they DO NOT release brake dust. While I don't have CCB on any of my M3/M4, I've had PCCB on 5 different Porsches. No brake dust. Zero, zilch.

My M4 is just plain black full leather interior. In fact all 3 F80/F82 had plain black full leather. It's the best option with small kids. Show us some pic of your sakhir interior!

Last edited by WAY; 09-13-2015 at 07:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #58
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

WAY! Nice to see you here. Hope all is well. I am picking up my YMB M4 in Munich at the end of November. Assume your 135i is long gone as well. I'm tracking my e92 M3 now and will do the same with the M4.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #59
Øzzy
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I think you made a mistake there. CCB does exactly the opposite to what you said, in that they DO NOT release brake dust. While I don't have CCB on any of my M3/M4, I've had PCCB on 5 different Porsches. No brake dust. Zero, zilch.

My M4 is just plain black full leather interior. In fact all 3 F80/F82 had plain black full leather. It's the best option with small kids. Show us some pic of your sakhir interior!
I had a demo for a week before I ordered mine and the CCB with gold callipers gave up so much dust it wasn't funny The track days I did was the same, dust and more dust
It was for this reason I decided to spend the 20k on the ACS tune, springs, and some other goodies

Thank god no kids, mine are all grown up and moved out The backseats are for show only no passenger will ever seat in there lol Wife has to beg to seat in the front but since she is going to get the M2 she doesn't care that much anyway which is a relief for me as she tends to do her makeup in the car spreading powder everywhere
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #60
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
WAY! Nice to see you here. Hope all is well. I am picking up my YMB M4 in Munich at the end of November. Assume your 135i is long gone as well. I'm tracking my e92 M3 now and will do the same with the M4.
Hi Larry! Good seeing you. Yes the 135i is long gone. Went to a forum member actually but not sure what he has done to it. He doesn't track the car I don't think which is kind of a shame.

I've got both the M3 and M4. Wish we could do ED but BMW Australia doesn't provide that program.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #61
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Øzzy View Post
I had a demo for a week before I ordered mine and the CCB with gold callipers gave up so much dust it wasn't funny The track days I did was the same, dust and more dust
It was for this reason I decided to spend the 20k on the ACS tune, springs, and some other goodies

Thank god no kids, mine are all grown up and moved out The backseats are for show only no passenger will ever seat in there lol Wife has to beg to seat in the front but since she is going to get the M2 she doesn't care that much anyway which is a relief for me as she tends to do her makeup in the car spreading powder everywhere
That interior looks very nice! Lol at not letting your wife in the car. I'm probably going to get the M2 as well but will depend how BMW price the car. I just can't see the value of it if it's priced close to a M3. M3 is a more special car in the sense that it comes with bespoke M engine and cooling, seats etc etc. We will see! As for the CCB, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone saying a CCB emits dust. I think there are two possibilities here. One, it was just a painted caliper and it isn't a real CCB, or two, they actually swapped the CCB disc and pads out for a non CCB item because it was a demo? Very very unusual.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #62
Øzzy
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
That interior looks very nice! Lol at not letting your wife in the car. I'm probably going to get the M2 as well but will depend how BMW price the car. I just can't see the value of it if it's priced close to a M3. M3 is a more special car in the sense that it comes with bespoke M engine and cooling, seats etc etc. We will see! As for the CCB, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone saying a CCB emits dust. I think there are two possibilities here. One, it was just a painted caliper and it isn't a real CCB, or two, they actually swapped the CCB disc and pads out for a non CCB item because it was a demo? Very very unusual.
Not sure mate, the demo car I had was brand new, the Phillip Island track day all M4's had the CCB fitted and all the rims I looked at was full of dust.
Question... maybe only if you drive them hard will produce the dust?? Now I'm confused of why yours don't dust

The M2 pricing will be about $110k mark, and during the first year they do not have a Individual option, just the 5 colours from the chart to choose from
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 09:04 PM   #63
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Ah the BMW drive day cars! They use track pads instead of pads for CCB. No wonder!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #64
Øzzy
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Ah the BMW drive day cars! They use track pads instead of pads for CCB. No wonder!
I asked them and they assured me that only CCB pads are used. They had 2 as the golden rotors are not suited to any other pads
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #65
Ywait
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: e46m3,335,e92m3,435,f80M3,16M5

Nice purchase
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #66
PeterM3
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

My F80 LCI M3 has just arrived.

My M3 has just arrived this morning in Melbourne on the car carrier Figaro, with a due date for delivery in Adelaide on 9/10/15.

Pictures of the car to be posted soon after delivery.

Black Saphire
Black full leather Merino
With all LCI standard extras

Extras:-

Sun protection glazing
Park assist
M Performance Steering Wheel
Black high gloss grills
Black rims

Vehicle similar to attached image.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0