Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

04-25-2024, 02:45 PM   #1
SteveYem
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S4, 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Accident History - 2018 M3 6MT

Hi All,
I am in southeast PA and considering buying a 2018 M3 6MT in Mineral Gray from a dealership in northern Ohio. This is a long shot, but I am wondering if anyone here was one of the three prior owners of this car and could shed some light on its history. The Carfax report shows that the car has lived most of its life in Michigan, from Bloomfield Hills, to Birmingham, to Farmington, to Wayne, to Canton, before landing at this dealership in Toledo. It was leased from October 2017 thru September 2020. In March 2019 there is a report of "minor to moderate damage" affecting the left front, front, and right front.

Then it appears the car was not sold to the second owner until March 2021 (although the mileage increased by 3300 miles between being turned in from lease and being sold ~7 months later...), who owned it until July 2022.

Finally, the third owner purchased the car July 2022 and owned it until April 2024. During their ownership, in August 2023, Carfax shows 'minor damage' reported.

I'm not so much concerned by number of owners as I am the 'minor to moderate' damage reported by Carfax. That said, today I arranged for the owner of a local collision shop near the BMW dealer to do a detailed walkaround of the car. His report to me was that aside from some light scratches/scuffs around the vehicle, he sees no evidence of the front fenders, hood, or doors having been repainted at any point. He did point out that while there were a few rock chips on the leading edges of the hood and fenders, the front bumper appears to be flawless. This leads me to believe that it was repainted at some point, which is maybe tied to the 'minor to moderate' damage report, but given that the car was driven (in Michigan) approx. 53k miles since that damage was reported, I have a hard time believing its condition would still be that good.

All of this said, while I am trying to carry out forensics to piece together a history on this car, I'm wondering if anyone here happens to have been one of the prior owners and could shed some light on this. Thanks for reading this far, and thanks in advance for any insight!
Appreciate 0