ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
JibSTir13
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 / FJ Cruiser

Question FormulaOne Stratos

Has anyone heard of FormulaOne Stratos tint?

It's a new tint that is one step up from their Pinnacle line (it is +$200). I haven't found many reviews online (and none here) and stumbled upon it while researching tint installers in my area.

The installer I decided to try only carries FormulaOne, and told me about Stratos (as an alternative to Pinnacle).

At the end of the day, the installer is key in how the tint will come out. I'm concerned about the dot matrix on the rear window and on the non-moving windows of the rear doors, and researching the issue is what led me to this tint.

Any input is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
Fugazii
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82/2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
Has anyone heard of FormulaOne Stratos tint?

It's a new tint that is one step up from their Pinnacle line (it is +$200). I haven't found many reviews online (and none here) and stumbled upon it while researching tint installers in my area.

The installer I decided to try only carries FormulaOne, and told me about Stratos (as an alternative to Pinnacle).

At the end of the day, the installer is key in how the tint will come out. I'm concerned about the dot matrix on the rear window and on the non-moving windows of the rear doors, and researching the issue is what led me to this tint.

Any input is appreciated.
I got it great stuff I definitely recommend it worth the extra $200.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
JibSTir13
Major
Rep

What do you like about it? I was leaning towards the Pinnacle to save a few bucks, but would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #4
Fugazii
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82/2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
What do you like about it? I was leaning towards the Pinnacle to save a few bucks, but would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
My tint shop is a FormulaOne dealer and I like the new heat reduction line that eliminates 80% of heat. I even had my entire house in FL done. I hope this helps you out not saying anything bad about Pinnacle just speaking on what I personally know good luck!
Appreciate 1
JibSTir13602.50
      06-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
JibSTir13
Major
Rep

Had Stratos installed this weekend - went with 40 all around. Will post some pics soon.

It was a brutally hot weekend in the Bay Area and the tint did its job - interior felt cooler than before tint with lower outside temps.

As far as prior tint experience, I have Pinnacle on the front passenger windows of the FJ (rest of the windows (save font windshield) are factory tinted/colored and very dark), and had Pinnacle 35 all around on the STi.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
JibSTir13
Major
Rep

In before someone else posts this.
Appreciate 1