proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

01-29-2024, 04:32 AM   #1
m2mikee
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

Aftermarket front lip option w/ OEM MP Splitter

Hi,

My car came with OEM m-performance carbon splitter from the factory. Since this came from the factory, the carbon splitters are almost impossible to take off without getting a body shop involved.

Im currently in the market for a new carbon front lip and wanted to ask what aftermarket front lip fits the m-performance carbon splitter w/o modification to the splitters or at the most, just requires a bit of trimming. Trying to stick w/ companies that has developed the lip themselves and not replicas.

Have been doing some research, but wanted to get some real world answers and examples!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 05:41 PM   #2
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

Nothing fits like OEM. I managed to find a used one after I cracked my first OEM but it's def $$$.

There's a Latvian seller on ebay that is talked about pretty highly on the ebay seller thread section (at least regarding CS lip) that makes the M Perf replica so you could look into that
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 05:43 PM   #3
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

For the carbon splitters, I would just order an oem m performance lip. The splitters you have most likely were glued on using BMW's Betalink which is a very strong adhesive.
Some people here have been able to fit a CS style chin spoiler without trimming them and some people had to trim them. If the splitters cannot be removed, your options are probably a new bumper or the M perf version.
      01-29-2024, 11:27 PM   #4
m2mikee
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

yea its def betalinked on. It was hell removing the rear spoiler.
Ive had the OEM MP lip for a few years now and wanted to try something else. Maybe status gruppe's front lip.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 08:48 PM   #5
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2mikee View Post
yea its def betalinked on. It was hell removing the rear spoiler.
Ive had the OEM MP lip for a few years now and wanted to try something else. Maybe status gruppe's front lip.
They have a VERY poor track record here. Buy at your own risk.