European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Considering different M3 builds, give me your thoughts

Here is my situation. Sold my S4 1.5 years ago to get the GTS when we moved downtown (Toronto) and thought we could live with one car with 2 small kids 6 and 3. 1 year later we got a second car, however still using the GTS for family duty. Got the itch to change that and get something more eventful, i.e. louder, lower, faster. Still need to drive it in winter but pretty mild here.

Seen a few M3s with carbon kit and comp wheels and find they look fantastic. With ultimate package in Canada I can also get an individual colour (thinking LSB or FG). But that is 110k for an M3 which is exactly 2x the price I paid my 14 S4. Seems ridiculous but there's nothing else out there. I know the RS5 sportback is coming but it looks pretty tame and Im not buying a ZF.

Also priced an M3 w/o ultimate which is Comp+Carbon+MSE+Adap LEDs (stock is no LED or LED but no adaptve?). 10k less but no individual colour (no exec and prem either but dont really need anything in those). At that point seems ultimate may be worth it.

Called local dealer DT Toronto, told me I can still place order, Aug delivery. I want to try the car first, none available no used either. I'm not a fanboy and I've never had a BMW before (all audis) so not gonna pull the trigger without trying one. I expect the MSE to be good enough for me not to think about going aftermarket but want to hear it first. Would also like to try DCT vs manual.

Not sure how to proceed now, didnt like the SA on the phone either. Getting my GTS detailed this weekend, will take pics and likely post an ad to gauge interest. Release of CS somewhat bothers me for future re-sale of very high MSRP non CS M3. I hope its a large delta. Last MY and late production of F80 good idea? Seems like Im late to the party.

Thoughts and opinions welcome!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
Hachima
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
2022 BMW X3M  [0.00]
2016 BMW 340Xi  [0.00]
Production is ending soon and I think individual options can no longer be ordered. Even finding a dealership with an allocation is rare at this point. If this is what you want and you found a dealership with an allocation that can still be configured you will have to act very fast.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

Getting an allocation will be hard and it will be even harder with PTS. Did you try the Macan Turbo?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #4
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachima View Post
Production is ending soon and I think individual options can no longer be ordered. Even finding a dealership with an allocation is rare at this point. If this is what you want and you found a dealership with an allocation that can still be configured you will have to act very fast.
Correct, seems like the SA that I spoke with didnt know what he was talking about. Have another one looking for incoming cars across the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post
Getting an allocation will be hard and it will be even harder with PTS. Did you try the Macan Turbo?
I am very happy with my GTS and not at all interested in a Macan Turbo. Looking for a no compromise sports car that can seat 2 adults + 2 kids.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep

General update

I think I can get away with a Comp and then add Akra and OEM exterior carbon. Is it that much more to get the latter after the fact? Seems like no orders other than ultimate are equipped with it. Are people going aftermarket for the that?

I wish we had all those PTS cars incoming like in the US.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
You can buy my M3 CP LSB with 6MT and MPE and now have to wait. Only 9k pampered miles, garaged kept, hardly driven and certainly not driven hard.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 02:44 PM   #7
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
You can buy my M3 CP LSB with 6MT and MPE and now have to wait. Only 9k pampered miles, garaged kept, hardly driven and certainly not driven hard.
Says the guy whose avatar is literally him tracking his car... :

In all honesty I'm joking, but that irony (even if mistaken) was too good not to jump on.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #8
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post

In all honesty I'm joking, but that irony (even if mistaken) was too good not to jump on.

That's my previous M3, a non-ZCP (note the 437 M wheels). My current M3 is a ZCP and is garaged in Florida hence the low milage.

Here's a video of the two together when I took delivery.

/// M3
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      06-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #9
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post

That's my previous M3, a non-ZCP (note the 437 M wheels). My current M3 is a ZCP and is garaged in Florida hence the low milage.

Here's a video of the two together when I took delivery.

Had a feeling I was wrong. But man I would have hated myself if I didn't take a jab just in case I was an accurate smart ass hahaha. Beautiful choices by the way.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 12:56 AM   #10
lionroar
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Sold Macan GTS for F80 last week. Best car decision so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 06:00 AM   #11
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
General update

I think I can get away with a Comp and then add Akra and OEM exterior carbon. Is it that much more to get the latter after the fact? Seems like no orders other than ultimate are equipped with it. Are people going aftermarket for the that?

I wish we had all those PTS cars incoming like in the US.
The ultimate package is worth it if you are interested in a fully loaded car, it is worth about a $10k discount. It also includes some individual colour options that can make it even more attractive price wise.

Otherwise, you can always order the car with MPE+CF tips for $4900CAD and the M-Performance carbon package for $4400CAD that adds all the exterior M-Performance cosmetic bits. Both are pretty good deals as they are fully warrantied and can be rolled up in the financing/leasing of the car.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
pokerface429.50
      06-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #12
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
The ultimate package is worth it if you are interested in a fully loaded car, it is worth about a $10k discount. It also includes some individual colour options that can make it even more attractive price wise.

Otherwise, you can always order the car with MPE+CF tips for $4900CAD and the M-Performance carbon package for $4400CAD that adds all the exterior M-Performance cosmetic bits. Both are pretty good deals as they are fully warrantied and can be rolled up in the financing/leasing of the car.
Not actually interested in prem+exec but seems to be the only way to get MPE and M Carbon (cannot be ordered individually anymore) plus you get an ind colour. This all seemed nice until the CS comes out at only 3k more.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll wait until CS cars start showing up at the dealers and hopefully someone backs out of their order.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 07:32 AM   #13
mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionroar View Post
If I could only have one car, it would be a manual M3

I don't have a Macan GTS, only an S - the reason was that I wanted two cars quite different. I didn't want the Macan to be a 'sports' car, more of a fast all-rounder.

Every time I drive the Macan, I feel that it's OK for what it is, but it's no M3/4.

It's a bit boring, there's too much lag and a complete lack of excitement unless you are going too fast.

Finally, the ergonomics are crap compared to BMW.

I've driven plenty of Audis and they are great, but you really need to drive a BMW - you might not like it.

Can't you get on a plane and go to the US to test drive an M3 ?
Are you allowed to buy it and send it back to Canada?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #14
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmQuattro View Post
Are you allowed to buy it (in the US)and send it back to Canada?
When you factor exchange rate, taxes, duties and regulatory retrofits, it becomes cost prohibitive to do so.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #15
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
General update

Hi - for clarity the OEM appearance package is CF mirrors, CF rear diffuser, CF trunk spoiler, CF front splitter. The front lip is black PU.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #16
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionroar View Post
That much? I really like my GTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmQuattro View Post
If I could only have one car, it would be a manual M3

I don't have a Macan GTS, only an S - the reason was that I wanted two cars quite different. I didn't want the Macan to be a 'sports' car, more of a fast all-rounder.

Every time I drive the Macan, I feel that it's OK for what it is, but it's no M3/4.

It's a bit boring, there's too much lag and a complete lack of excitement unless you are going too fast.

Finally, the ergonomics are crap compared to BMW.

I've driven plenty of Audis and they are great, but you really need to drive a BMW - you might not like it.

Can't you get on a plane and go to the US to test drive an M3 ?
Are you allowed to buy it and send it back to Canada?
I dont have to go that far, its just downtown Toronto you have to convince dealers to give them your money. I think also because it is late in the production they dont have any more demo cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
Hi - for clarity the OEM appearance package is CF mirrors, CF rear diffuser, CF trunk spoiler, CF front splitter. The front lip is black PU.
Yes the difference between the splitters and lip is quite evident.

My options right now are

1) July build Light spec comp M3 + M carbon package (dealer or port installed if possible, dealer has not gotten back to me about that) + aftermarket exhaust (akra). Standard colour. Could be interesting if get a large discount but seems like I have to convince them to push a last July build through.

2) September build M3 CS: Still waiting to hear back to see if i can get a customer build (limerock no CCB). I've been offered a limerock+CCB and a sapphire black no CCB. Price is very high for someone who never owned an M3 before, hoping some unsold models show at dealer and get one at a discount.

A simple test drive might also convince me to keep my GTS so maybe I'll find a dealer with a used one I can try.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #17
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

Too bad you were not in the market a year ago. The dealer up in Kitchener had a sapphire black and comp + cloth + LED + carbon package + exhaust they were trying to sell for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #18
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

OP, I also went from an S4 to an M (M4 in my case). The Audi is a great car. With four wintersport tires, it was a tank in the snow and still fun to drive. I still miss it sometimes.

I'll give you a perspective that may or may not be helpful. When I'm thinking about buying a car, I tend to do a lot of homework and read a lot of others' comments. Often, my first reaction is to convince myself that I won't be happy unless I have everything - all the bells and whistles. And it's easy for others to give advice about how to spend your money. But sometimes - sometimes - I come to my senses and get only what I really know I need and want. I save a bunch of $$ and I'm almost always happy with the result. I've learned that I don't miss what I never had.

My GTS (a 911) is my summer car. My M4 is exclusively my winter car (it's covered, in storage right now with the winter tires still installed). When I first spec'd the M4, I just knew I had to have to the Comp pack. What red blooded American - err, Canadian - doesn't? But I pushed myself into realizing I just didn't need to spend that money for a winter drive. I've never regretted the decision.

So before you go spec'ing up an M4 or convincing yourself you have to have a CS, maybe think about whether you really do need all that to be happy.

. . . old man, paternal $0.02!
Appreciate 0