proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

09-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
SSJAR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

Rear Ended

Yesterday while heading out of D.C. I was stopped in traffic and the car behind me ran into my rear bumper. Overall, no big deal as accidents happen and the other driver did not try to say it was not his fault. From the doc’s I saw he is fully insured so getting repairs should not be a problem. I have an appt tomorrow morning with the insurance appraiser and then it is off to the BMW collision center to have them take a look.

Thinking I will need a new bumper as there are two holes from the other cars front license plate. One of the exhaust tips is also scratched up but from the looks of it the exhaust does not seem bent (BMW will hopefully confirm this).

Here is the question, or if anyone has any advice locally I appreciate it; is it worth looking into a Diminished Value claim? I have read through the threads on this site and have not seen anything local. I would assume that it will show up on Carfax since it will be going through insurance and a BMW collision shop.

It is a 2017 M3 ZCP, with just over 8K miles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
Shanh81
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 & 2016 F15

Garage List
2020 Porsche GT4  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
I got rear ended and similar issue on rear bumper from license plate bolt. They replaced with a new bumper and I also filed diminished value claim which was settled with the insurance on an amount. Not local to D.C. but you should try.
Appreciate 0