BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-31-2015, 08:26 PM   #23
Rustang Cobra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like a Masshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Are you flying between London, Paris and Munich or taking the train? How can you narrow down sep 18th for pickup? Doesn't BMW decide the date out of the three you pick?
We're planning to be one of the first in-line to order a 2016 as soon as the builds become available (deposit is already down).

We'll give them our three choices as we can technically do 9/18, 9/19 or 9/21.

We'll be taking the Eurotunnel between London and Paris (~$80) and potentially flying between Paris and Munich (~$200) if we get 9/18 as our delivery date, otherwise we'll do the TGV ($60).
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 08:44 PM   #24
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Damn. You guys are way ahead of the game. Count me in for September as well but I haven't booked anything yet. I think BMW recommends not booking before getting the dates from them. It will nice to get some tips on hotels, routes etc. My tentative plan is as follows, of course without dates:

Planning a 2 week trip:

Munich
Salzburg (Austria)
Lake Como (Italy)
Some more towns in Italy but mainly staying north.
Monaco
Northern Spain
Drive through France on way to Switzerland
Passes in Switzerland, alps
Back to Munich
Thats what my CA told me today. Don't book yet until you get your date.

My itinerary:

Munich
Salzburg
Innsbruck
Lake Como
Lucerne
Zurich
Nurburing
Paris
Back to SoCal
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #25
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
I had some hesitation about getting tickets before having a date nailed down. I'll hold off on booking my hotels until I nail down a date, but i'm comfortable with planning two to three days in Munich at the beginning of my trip and assuming the small risk of none of those three days working out. If something falls through i'll just have to roll with it, and then drink my sorrows away at Oktoberfest.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #26
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Playing around with the itinerary. Debating skipping two days in Salzburg, and instead hitting the highly lauded Susten Pass and staying two days in the Lucerne area.

From there proceeding up the romantic road (a day in mittenwald, day in Fussen, two days in Rothenberg), then on to Heidelberg.

The wife is very supportive of my expensive bucket list trip and REALLY wants to do Bruges...so we're doing Bruges. Three days in Bruges/Ghent. Then back to Germany.

On the way back from Belgium should hit 1200 miles. Stop In Cologne for 1200 mile service and then on to The ring. Arrival at the ring will be a friday. Hoping the track will be open friday (back up will be saturday as it's a scheduled open track day). After the Ring a long (five hour) drive to Munich for the final two days in Germany...Then two days of lounging in Iceland before heading home.

All told should be about 1700-1800 miles over 15 days.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0