BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

03-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #45
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Took some screen shots thought I'd share
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 12:37 AM   #46
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
The slow motion power slides are

The Shakir Orange looks

Standard blue M Brakes and a six speed manual are

LOVE the M4
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 02:41 AM   #47
neverbeentoofast
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 35i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4 View Post

Hardest decision is going to be what color to choose.

you are so right...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 02:48 AM   #48
neverbeentoofast
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 35i e93

No wounder, it sounds different inside than outside. about 6 month ago german bimmertoday posted info about artificial sound-design from the speakers in the M3/M4... is that true?

http://www.bimmertoday.de/2013/09/26...-sound-design/

there are other M3/4 marketing-vids, which do sound different inside than outside...
actually I wanne get the convertible and I cannot imagine how that sound-mixture inside/outside should work...

:

I dont like the idea at all...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #49
AJM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 (in progress)

great find, def sold on the car and this color
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #50
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

wait, this video is truly using audio from an F10 M5 DCT?!

lol wtf is this!

car atleast looks good, but that red looks more like melbourne than sakhir. If BMW wants to edit this to make it look like a Melbourne Red M4 with a V8 then they should have made it that way. Kind of a joke if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #51
PawnStar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: twin turbo 6 with frunk

How do you know the sound in video is from F10 M5?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #52
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
wait, this video is truly using audio from an F10 M5 DCT?!

lol wtf is this!

car atleast looks good, but that red looks more like melbourne than sakhir. If BMW wants to edit this to make it look like a Melbourne Red M4 with a V8 then they should have made it that way. Kind of a joke if you ask me.
What are you talking about???

Are you on drugs?
Look at the bottom of page two.

The color of the car has been highly processed in the video and looks more like a true red.

The audio is of a dct car (sounds like an F10 M5) when the video shows a manual. I'm simply saying if all that editing is true, wtf is bmw doing?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #53
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

It may be processed but sakhir looks different under different lighting conditions. The video looks like it was filmed on a cloudy day, and in most pics I've seen of SO under cloudy conditions (IE every pic we have here on the M3/M4 ironically) it looks darker and more red. Under the sun, it looks more orange/copper. And i love that about the color it has character!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:37 AM   #54
Flying Brick
Private
Rep
Drives: m

6NS (Convenience Telephony with Smartphone Connectivity)

Is this the option we need to run this App?? If not what is this option for ?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:00 AM   #55
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbeentoofast View Post
No wounder, it sounds different inside than outside. about 6 month ago german bimmertoday posted info about artificial sound-design from the speakers in the M3/M4... is that true?

http://www.bimmertoday.de/2013/09/26...-sound-design/

there are other M3/4 marketing-vids, which do sound different inside than outside...
actually I wanne get the convertible and I cannot imagine how that sound-mixture inside/outside should work...

:

I dont like the idea at all...
I does not have "artificial" sound, it is the actual engine sound that is played back through the speakers. The M5/M6 on the other hand, plays back a "pre-recorded" sound track through the speakers.

I still don't like it though...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #56
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

That is interesting that this car has standard breaks, tok CCB!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #57
Below Speed Limit
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

I'm surprised that nobody has come out and spoke about this. The reason why press isn't allowed to test drive the cars and also why the production was delayed were both the same, they are still working on the sound engine (the software). Temporarily they had the M5 sound copied and this is obviously a significant problem for people who would drive the car. Seems like they missed this little detail in this video.

I had heard this from a few people (I won't go into details), but I thought this was understood. All these comments about them still working on the "exhaust" is basically this. They are not working on the actual exhaust, they are working on the active sound. The prototype cars don't have the real M3 sound yet, they are using the M5 sound.

So don't get too excited about the sound yet, the sound you hear in this video is not how M3 is going to sound (I'd think everyone can easily figure this out).
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 01:49 AM   #58
IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
All you need is BMW apps or BMW connected drive. I have used this on my 11 M3 and 12 x5 and both have BMW apps.
Have you used it much? I've got a 2011 E92 M3 with BMW apps too, just haven't tinkered much with it.

Meanwhile, really hope the M3/M4 sounds as good as the one did in that video,with or without piped in engine noise, and hopefully with the right engine!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #59
Below Speed Limit
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS350 View Post
Have you used it much? I've got a 2011 E92 M3 with BMW apps too, just haven't tinkered much with it.

Meanwhile, really hope the M3/M4 sounds as good as the one did in that video,with or without piped in engine noise, and hopefully with the right engine!
Again, the current prototypes, including the one you saw in the video, has the F10 M5's active sound tracks built into the car. They just didn't have time to prepare the M3 ones at the time and this is why you heard what you heard. And no, it is not going to sound the same way. Which is better or worse is up to your taste though, so I'm not claiming one way or the other, just that it won't sound like what you heard in the video.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #60
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Below Speed Limit View Post
I'm surprised that nobody has come out and spoke about this. The reason why press isn't allowed to test drive the cars and also why the production was delayed were both the same, they are still working on the sound engine (the software). Temporarily they had the M5 sound copied and this is obviously a significant problem for people who would drive the car. Seems like they missed this little detail in this video.

I had heard this from a few people (I won't go into details), but I thought this was understood. All these comments about them still working on the "exhaust" is basically this. They are not working on the actual exhaust, they are working on the active sound. The prototype cars don't have the real M3 sound yet, they are using the M5 sound.

So don't get too excited about the sound yet, the sound you hear in this video is not how M3 is going to sound (I'd think everyone can easily figure this out).
Quote:
Again, the current prototypes, including the one you saw in the video, has the F10 M5's active sound tracks built into the car. They just didn't have time to prepare the M3 ones at the time and this is why you heard what you heard. And no, it is not going to sound the same way. Which is better or worse is up to your taste though, so I'm not claiming one way or the other, just that it won't sound like what you heard in the video.
I am not sure where you are getting this from

From what I have read so far, the active sound technology used in the M3/4 is quite different than the one used in the M5/6. The latter uses pre-recorded sounds that are played back through the speakers. This is not the case for the F8X where it is the actual live sound of the engine that is amplified through the speakers. Since there is no pre-recorded track on the M4, how can it play the M5 sound?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #61
Below Speed Limit
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I am not sure where you are getting this from

From what I have read so far, the active sound technology used in the M3/4 is quite different than the one used in the M5/6. The latter uses pre-recorded sounds that are played back through the speakers. This is not the case for the F8X where it is the actual live sound of the engine that is amplified through the speakers. Since there is no pre-recorded track on the M4, how can it play the M5 sound?
From one of the guys who actually drive (or more so used to drive) the YMB prototype. This is also exactly why press isn't allowed to drive this car yet, because it wasn't ready. This is also why it was said that "BMW was working on the exhaust note" around Detroit auto show.

I know exactly how M3/M4's active sound works and how it's different than the M5/M6's system. Point is though, that new system isn't ready (or wasn't ready when these cars were built early this year/late last year), which is why these prototypes, including what you see on the video, has the fake M5 sound. Instead of having no sound (which I believe wasn't possible), they went with what was available to them at the time. Obviously the customer cars won't have this problem

I hope it's clear now
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #62
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
From one of the guys who actually drive (or more so used to drive) the YMB prototype. This is also exactly why press isn't allowed to drive this car yet, because it wasn't ready. This is also why it was said that "BMW was working on the exhaust note" around Detroit auto show.

I know exactly how M3/M4's active sound works and how it's different than the M5/M6's system. Point is though, that new system isn't ready (or wasn't ready when these cars were built early this year/late last year), which is why these prototypes, including what you see on the video, has the fake M5 sound. Instead of having no sound (which I believe wasn't possible), they went with what was available to them at the time. Obviously the customer cars won't have this problem

I hope it's clear now
Still doesn't make sense.

If the active sound wasn't ready, why not just not use it instead of playing fake V8 sounds
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #63
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Still doesn't make sense.

If the active sound wasn't ready, why not just not use it instead of playing fake V8 sounds
Starting to think this guy is a troll. Or at least very strange
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #64
M2Crew
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

At 1:46, the narrator says, "Listen to that inline six..."

Anyway, there are in-car videos that were published before the production car launch - the sound is very much there. The guy above is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #65
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Just saw the video. Can't this guy just stop talking!??? Very annoying.

I wanted to hear the engine. His non-stop play by play ruined the video. It would've been much better had they just shown the video with the app showing the stats in PIP mode and let the pictures and roaring engine sound speak for themselves.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 07:38 AM   #66
mpower79
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4cs

video dont work
Appreciate 0