ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-26-2024, 11:20 PM   #1
F82ish
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2001 BMW Z3  [9.25]
2018 BMW M4 Base  [10.00]
Question about DRL chips—

I have a 2018 M4 with the LCI non-ikon headlamps. It’s the same general style as the early year m4s, but has the blacked out housing and (I think) clear somewhere where the pre-lci is amber. It has the housing above the lamp for the DRL chips, and I’ve pulled it off to make sure. My question is, is this the same housing/ boards as the LCI-2 Ikons?

All I’ve seen online for either RGB, Amber, or Blue DRLs seem to be catered towards Ikon (style) lamps and I want to know if I can run the same chips on mine.

I believe the ikons are adaptive and mine are not? Not sure. Images attached below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 04:46 PM   #2
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Correct. You have LCI standard LED which is non adaptive. If you go on bay optics website, they sell LCI drivers for non adaptive.
However, I look at all these colored lights as I do the GTS knock off taillights, most end up for sale and are for instagram likes.