Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

03-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
Inhum4n
Rep
Drives: '18 M4

Xpel Ultimate intsall and correction/detailing in Austin, TX

Howdy,

Currently waiting on my M4 that is supposed to be here in a couple weeks. I plan to get a PPF wrap (still deciding on partial vs full) and had a couple questions.

1. Post delivery paint correction / detail. I'm pretty comfortable with doing minor corrections (polishing for scratches, swirls, etc) but debating getting a pro to do bumper to bumper before I do any PPF, etc. Recommendations or thoughts?

2. I've pretty much decided on Xpel ultimate for PPF. Xpel website shows two main options, Xpel Austin (183/Lamar area), and Austin Cedar Park Clear Bra (Brushy Creek area in Cedar Park). I've not used either... Xpel Austin has a much better web presence, but that doesn't always mean much in this field it seems. Anyone have feedback on either?

Thanks,

- Ryan
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
Patrón
PAZUZU
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhum4n View Post
2. I've pretty much decided on Xpel ultimate for PPF. Xpel website shows two main options, Xpel Austin (183/Lamar area),
call and ask for Duane, he is one of our main members on the Texas M Club group.

tell him you posted on M4post and that Aaron in San Antonio sent you his way. That is where the monthly meet is too.

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets

Last edited by Patrón; 03-27-2018 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
Electron mike
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, GT4

Quote:
Howdy,

Currently waiting on my M4 that is supposed to be here in a couple weeks. I plan to get a PPF wrap (still deciding on partial vs full) and had a couple questions.

1. Post delivery paint correction / detail. I'm pretty comfortable with doing minor corrections (polishing for scratches, swirls, etc) but debating getting a pro to do bumper to bumper before I do any PPF, etc. Recommendations or thoughts?

2. I've pretty much decided on Xpel ultimate for PPF. Xpel website shows two main options, Xpel Austin (183/Lamar area), and Austin Cedar Park Clear Bra (Brushy Creek area in Cedar Park). I've not used either... Xpel Austin has a much better web presence, but that doesn't always mean much in this field it seems. Anyone have feedback on either?

Thanks,

- Ryan
I have used both of those shops for xpel ultimate and the results on both were average at best. I have heard Nate at bespoke pp is the best in the area from many friends, so that is where I will try next. My .02.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #4
Inhum4n
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron mike View Post
I have used both of those shops for xpel ultimate and the results on both were average at best. I have heard Nate at bespoke pp is the best in the area from many friends, so that is where I will try next. My .02.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at bespoke as well.

Was there any specific issues you had with the Xpel guys? Trying to understand what you mean by 'average'.

Thanks,

- Ryan
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Say Yes to PPF

Quote:
We're sorry to hear about your experience with the XPEL shops, is there something in particular that happened? We're more than happy to help any way we can to make it right.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #6
Electron mike
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at bespoke as well.

Was there any specific issues you had with the Xpel guys? Trying to understand what you mean by 'average'.

Thanks,

- Ryan
The seams weren't done well, the film wasn't wrapped around the edges well and came loose (behind tires, on hood), bubbles in the film that they said would go away that didn't, stretch marks where they heated it to get it to adhere, dirt under edges on several parts and the film started peeling up, etc..

Last edited by Electron mike; 03-27-2018 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #7
Electron mike
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
We're sorry to hear about your experience with the XPEL shops, is there something in particular that happened? We're more than happy to help any way we can to make it right.
See details in my previous post. I sold both of those cars, and both buyers noticed the XPEL issues. I think it's more of an installer issue because I have seen much better XPEL on other cars.

I appreciate the effort, but I'm not sure what can be done since I don't have the cars anymore. Spent thousands of dollars in both cases and wasn't impressed with the quality of the installation.

Last edited by Electron mike; 03-27-2018 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #8
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

XPEL

Quote:
See details in my previous post. I sold both of those cars, and both buyers noticed the XPEL issues. I think it's more of an installer issue because I have seen much better XPEL on other cars.

I appreciate the effort, but I'm not sure what can be done since I don't have the cars anymore. Spent thousands of dollars in both cases and wasn't impressed with the quality of the installation.
You're right in that it's an installation issue, we would still do our best to make it right though. If you know the owner of the car, have them reach out to me so we can get it fixed (contact info below). For your future cars, we hope that you choose XPEL. We're always here to help any way that we can.

Regards,

Michael Dobbins
XPEL - Marketing Manager
mdobbins@xpel.com
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 08:40 PM   #9
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
Quote:

You're right in that it's an installation issue, we would still do our best to make it right though. If you know the owner of the car, have them reach out to me so we can get it fixed (contact info below). For your future cars, we hope that you choose XPEL. We're always here to help any way that we can.

Regards,

Michael Dobbins
XPEL - Marketing Manager
mdobbins@xpel.com
Nick in Cranbury New Jersey is doing my M4 in about 2 1/2 weeks. Very good news to see this kind of Company support and interest. I'll send you a pic.
Appreciate 1
XPEL346.00
      05-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #10
Inhum4n
Rep

Howdy,

Just a quick update... I ended up going with Nate @ Bespoke. I randomly popped in to visit the shop one day and came away very impressed.

Picked my car up yesterday and it looks great! I went with Suntek Ultra on the full front and roof + impact areas. I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb this weekend, but I have no complaints at this point. Would recommend Nate without hesitation. He seems to truly love doing this.

Thanks,

- Ryan
Appreciate 0