Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

04-02-2024, 12:53 PM   #1
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 comp, 25' X5 M60i

Wheel trade advice!

Hi everyone,

I bought my f80 m3 comp almost a year ago and it came with the stock 437m wheels which look nice but I love the 666m style.

I知 totally new to this so this is going to sound like a stupid question but I知 hopefully doing a wheel trade with someone nearby this weekend. Was wondering how it actually works? Any tips or advice to make sure everything looks good and not get scammed. We池e meeting at an auto shop and the seller says he値l pay the fee to have the shop do the swap. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 02:55 PM   #2
TSL
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grigiogirl View Post
Hi everyone,

I bought my f80 m3 comp almost a year ago and it came with the stock 437m wheels which look nice but I love the 666m style.

I知 totally new to this so this is going to sound like a stupid question but I知 hopefully doing a wheel trade with someone nearby this weekend. Was wondering how it actually works? Any tips or advice to make sure everything looks good and not get scammed. We池e meeting at an auto shop and the seller says he値l pay the fee to have the shop do the swap. Thanks!
Make sure his rims are not bent/cracked/dinged. Check condition beforehand, check tires, make sure they池e in decent condition (DOT Date matters) or if not, be aware you値l have to replace them. Make sure rim is not corroded and leaking, check with soapy water for any air leaks. All this and you should be good.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 01:23 PM   #3
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Ok, you're trading your 437's for his 666's. Are you giving him money with the trade?

I assume you are concerned about the condition of his wheels and tires. The first thing you'll want to be sure of is that his wheels are real OEM wheels and not OEM style. Once you are sure they are real wheels you'll need to make sure they aren't bent or damaged. Are you ok with a repaired/repainted wheel?

Next you'll want to look at the condition of the tires. Look at the date code to determine how old they are. And then measure the tread depth to determine how much more tread you have left. 20 inch tires are more expensive than 19 incher's.

Good luck with the trade. It's a pretty straight forward process. Is the shop a shop he picked out, or is it a shop that has no skin in the game. In other words, can you expect the guy swapping out the tires to let you know if he sees an issue.
Appreciate 0