Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

AA mid pipe installed on Zcp

Heard all the great reviews and the AA was the choice.

Got it installed yesterday and although i wasn't there to watch installer mentioned no issues, perfect fitment as always. The craftsmanship of AA parts is second to none. Welds are super clean, pipe was bright and shiny and considered a piece of art.

Very impressed with the build quality, clamps included and overall packaging.

Heard a million videos online before making the purchase and it's true videos are no where a close in what it really sounds like

The car is overall around 30-40 percent louder. Rasp is gone but to be honest I really didn't have much to begin with which is wierd. Take in mind my car barely hit 1100 miles so I have been taking it easy during breakin.

Messing with m1 and m2 I actually found I am not liking m2. Before the midpipe I had pronounced burbles with the zcp. Now with the AA mid m1 has A different burble now. Deeper but it sounds completely different now. M2 is a different story, I wouldn't even call it a burble anymore. I heard someone describe it sounding like gun shots and I can kind of agree. Not really sure I like the popping noise in m2

Overall happy with the pipe, around 20 miles put on the car since install. Going to let everything break in and making a final call
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

What are your m1 and m2 settings?

Curious to hear others' perspective on this. Im considering the AA mid on my otherwise stock zcp. Though I also have the AA tune that I'll be installing.
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      05-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

M1 is all sport across and m2 sport plus automatic tranny with MSD off

I was going to wait for my shop to code asd off but had sometime and ended unplugging it

Amazing how much sound asd adds. The popping and "gunshots" in m2 are more like burbles again

The more miles I put on the better I am enjoying the mid. My exhaust is not broken in yet and sure it's going to sound better. I have always been the one to slap an exhaust on all my cars. Just like to tinker and mod. That was the plan for the m4 but couldn't decide on which rear.

With the mid and asd off I actually thinking I don't need a rear section anymore. I will likely add a set of high flow down pipes later in the road which should compete the exhaust

For the price and ease the AA mid pipe is a great piece. I am the age that the wrong attention is not what I'm loooking for. Having the valves on the stock rear allows best of both words. Not interested in the loudest exhaust on the market to get heads turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
What are your m1 and m2 settings?

Curious to hear others' perspective on this. Im considering the AA mid on my otherwise stock zcp. Though I also have the AA tune that I'll be installing.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #4
sdwilly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

About 100 - 200 miles on that AA Mid mine seemed to really come alive. When I first had it done I was thinking it wasn't quite loud as I would like, but once broken it it's been great.

In efficient mode I find it's only barely louder than stock, but in Sport \ Sport + you can really hear the difference, and the burbles sound so much better.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!!

Do you have any pictures / video you can share?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Nice... Didn't know you had it installed when I spoke with you earlier today.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #7
Fugazii
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82/2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
M1 is all sport across and m2 sport plus automatic tranny with MSD off

I was going to wait for my shop to code asd off but had sometime and ended unplugging it

Amazing how much sound asd adds. The popping and "gunshots" in m2 are more like burbles again

The more miles I put on the better I am enjoying the mid. My exhaust is not broken in yet and sure it's going to sound better. I have always been the one to slap an exhaust on all my cars. Just like to tinker and mod. That was the plan for the m4 but couldn't decide on which rear.

With the mid and asd off I actually thinking I don't need a rear section anymore. I will likely add a set of high flow down pipes later in the road which should compete the exhaust

For the price and ease the AA mid pipe is a great piece. I am the age that the wrong attention is not what I'm loooking for. Having the valves on the stock rear allows best of both words. Not interested in the loudest exhaust on the market to get heads turn
I was always curious of both buttons know that you mentioned M1&M2 . I have the whole AA setup as well I will try M2 thanks!
Appreciate 0