R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

03-16-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
Bruce AaLee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

DFW - M3/M4 Track Drivers - Introduction

Hello everyone
My name is Ali, been a member of the forum for years as I have cycled through just about every generation of M3. I recently started tracking my 2016 M3 and I'm hooked. I ran at COTA in December at the Corsa Vita event, last month at MSR at the Porsche Club DE, and I'm driving COTA again on 4/1-4/2 at the Chin Track Day event.

If yall aren't familiar with the Corsa Vita event, check it out. It was an amazing weekend of mostly exotics, great people, and a good cause.
https://www.instagram.com/corsavita/
https://www.facebook.com/CorsaVita

My car is 100% stock except for Pagid RS29 pads and Castrol SRF fluid. It has been a blast to drive. At the PCA event, my instructor who races Spec Miatas and tracks his Cayman GT4 was shocked on how well the M3 handled track duty. I'm considering camber plates before going back out to COTA in a few weeks as the first time really took its toll on the outer shoulders.

At the PCA event last month there was an advanced level driver in a Mineral Grey Metalic M3 that was tearing up the track. Unfortunately, our paths never crossed but I figured there would be a good chance him and other DFW M3/M4 track drivers would be on the boards. If so, I'd love to hear what setup you guys have and any advice or suggestions for a relatively new track driver. Also if anyone is going out to the track, I'd be down to go if my schedule permits.

Well that's my story, it would be great to hear from yall so please introduce.

Ali
Attached Images

Appreciate 0