ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

03-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #45
NHman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4 Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADawgFan View Post
The long center portion of the vent is fake..the actual vents are on the outside corners. They put that long center piece in for design continuity .
Technically not a true statement. It's a diffuser vent. It's helps maintain temperature without the concentration of air from the main vents.

I have an S4 as my DD. At first I didn't like the design but now it just blends into the interior. It's not something that I take notice of.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #46
UGADawgFan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3, B9 S4, E92 M3, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckedmyf80 View Post
What is up with the Long vents the Audi has ? Looks weird.
I do miss my V8 S5. However , the F80 makes me forget about the s5 with a huge smile on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
Technically not a true statement. It's a diffuser vent. It's helps maintain temperature without the concentration of air from the main vents.

I have an S4 as my DD. At first I didn't like the design but now it just blends into the interior. It's not something that I take notice of.
That's true, totally forgot about that. What I meant was they aren't active vents (part of the fan speed). Not something we really pay attention to in our S4 either.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #47
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
it's fine, though. OP knows what he wants in a car, and shows how his car purchase fills those wants.

i'm totally the opposite - my higher brain functions go "you're older now, you should really look for luxury, and practicality, and maturity". then i start looking at pictures on the internet and the reptilian primitive part goes "GRRR RACECAR RACECAR RACECAR" and i end up with another impractical sports car.

so congrats to the OP for being more mature if you tire of the S5 you can always replace it with another car anyway
LOL!

Cheers

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0