Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #221
FAM3
Major
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
It appears to be the case, since the release pictures are in YMB. I personally like YMB a lot! So I'm not complaining. If I didn't have an Estoril Blue II f30 at one point, I may have went for the YMB with my f80.
Wow how did I not put two and two together on that! Wonderful thank you!
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #222
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

They're talking about more than just minor software updates for the Nav in another thread:

Improved Navigation Unit: new hardware, better performance, faster start-up of navigation and Voice Command, navigation map update over the air, more realistic presentation of city details
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #223
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
And btw, Falafel Combo , not to pick on you...I think you have a fantastic car, and enjoyed your "History" thread, but.....in that thread above, post 119...after all that, you still went with a 2015!
Man, I totally did a 180' right there, huh! When was this post?

What can I say. I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 02:11 PM   #224
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

You can configure the LCI F80 on the worldwide BMW site. It has the LCI tails and added colors. Frozen colors appear as do the two new individual colors.. no SO though.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #225
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:

12/10/2014

Hey, at least you had enough of an open mind to change it

I'd like to think you made the choice to change your mind based on how great the car is, not so much the offer! You did do a total 180....you had your mind SET. lol.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #226
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:

Hey the real question is do you regret it. I bet the answer is no. Its warm down here in GA now. Driving with the windows down today listening to the turbos spool. Great time of year!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #227
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Hey the real question is do you regret it. I bet the answer is no. Its warm down here in GA now. Driving with the windows down today listening to the turbos spool. Great time of year!
Right! We don't want you slapping your forehead every time an LCI goes by Falafel Combo

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 02:28 PM   #228
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

I can't get behind waiting for modest incremental updates. For me, looking at a car with a decision timeframe is like this:

1. How new is the chassis and how likely is it to be updated next year?
2. Same question for engine and trans, steering and suspension?
3. I assume technology will receive some updating
4. Is this going to be a difference of 2-3 months or longer?
5. Do I really want this car or am I actually on the fence and using the excuse of waiting for next years model as a justification for my on-the-fenceness

This 2016 incremental update sounds great to me. A few new nice features, some updated trim and exterior bit. But it's a total non-starter in the long-run....it's like picking between an 89 and an 90 m3 or a 96 m3 vs. 98.....or 03 vs. 04
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #229
kasher_khan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
You can configure the LCI F80 on the worldwide BMW site. It has the LCI tails and added colors. Frozen colors appear as do the two new individual colors.. no SO though.
what website is that? when I go there is forces me to choose country when I try to configure and then takes me back to USA website?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 04:10 PM   #230
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasher_khan View Post
what website is that? when I go there is forces me to choose country when I try to configure and then takes me back to USA website?

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...isualizer.html
      05-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #231
kasher_khan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S4

thanks E90Fleet !
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #232
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...isualizer.html

SO is on there
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #233
scm6079
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, Lotus Exige S260

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
5. Do I really want this car or am I actually on the fence and using the excuse of waiting for next years model as a justification for my on-the-fenceness

That's totally me. I've been on the fence in trading my e92 for an f80. I like the idea of 2 extra doors (we added a kid + dog since I bought my e92) - but have seriously been on the fence with the seats and colors. I was really hoping the LCI would add a good red or blue and push me over.

Now I'm actually contemplating waiting until mid-2016 and seeing the competition package is announced.

-Scott
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #234
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep

I don't know if somebody has already mentioned this but they will charge for the Alpine White for the LCI F30, except you got M-Sport (so it's possible that this doesn't concern the F80). It's strange that you got to pay for a standard non metallic color, but they obviously found a new way to earn some more money since AW is a popular color. Well at least this applies to Germany (300 €), don't know how it will be in NA.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #235
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
I don't know if somebody has already mentioned this but they will charge for the Alpine White for the LCI F30, except you got M-Sport (so it's possible that this doesn't concern the F80). It's strange that you got to pay for a standard non metallic color, but they obviously found a new way to earn some more money since AW is a popular color. Well at least this applies to Germany (300 €), don't know how it will be in NA.
That's extremely surprising if true.

I don't think this will fly in North America. The base price of the car should be the true bottom line. When you start omitting required extra cost content from that, you are on a slippery slope. What's to keep them from making the 18" wheels, base stereo, manual transmission, base suspension, etc. extra cost? It really doesn't make any sense from a consumer protection perspective.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #236
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
That's extremely surprising if true.

I don't think this will fly in North America. The base price of the car should be the true bottom line. When you start omitting required extra cost content from that, you are on a slippery slope. What's to keep them from making the 18" wheels, base stereo, manual transmission, base suspension, etc. extra cost? It really doesn't make any sense from a consumer protection perspective.
I agree, but it seems to be true, at least in Germany. Unless they've made a mistake in their LCI price list. Only Jet Black is free (for the F30), but AW costs 300 € if you don't get M-Sport. But it's possible that they will deal it different in other countries.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #237
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
I agree, but it seems to be true, at least in Germany. Unless they've made a mistake in their LCI price list. Only Jet Black is free (for the F30), but AW costs 300 € if you don't get M-Sport. But it's possible that they will deal it different in other countries.
I see. As long as they still include at least one paint option in the standard price (as they've done by making Jet Black no-cost), then I suppose it is legitimate. This won't apply to the M3 then, and probably won't apply to the F30 in the U.S. either.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #238
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
There are quite a few threads like this. I always love it when some poster makes xyz claim and then tells people to find them the evidence to either prove or disprove said claim.
Not that I disagree with Brosef but, call me cynical, I'm pretty comfy believing anybody's claim when it's, "hey I was criticized on an internet forum for [blah]"

Yeah. You probably were.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 09:13 PM   #239
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
So does this mean the frozen colours listed are now standard individual options?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #240
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
Plenty of bashing on both sides in this thread. Even some name calling at times.

F80 M3 LCI Speculation http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=864358
There are quite a few threads like this. I always love it when some poster makes xyz claim and then tells people to find them the evidence to either prove or disprove said claim.

I tried to add some levity to the discussion, admittedly not the greatest attempt, but oh well. Some want to take this topic way too seriously so have at it. It is fun to read anyway.
Hey man, you're right. Looking through that thread and all the awful condemnations of the 2015 owners, I don't blame you for putting a jihad on all 2016 owners to be.
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2015, 06:13 AM   #241
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
12/10/2014

Hey, at least you had enough of an open mind to change it

I'd like to think you made the choice to change your mind based on how great the car is, not so much the offer! You did do a total 180....you had your mind SET. lol.
Well, my mind was already made up as far as ordering an f80 goes, but I was COMPLETELY set on waiting for the LCI. As you may remember, I was ordering my wife's 328i GT at the time, and we got such a killer deal on both cars by ordering them together.

In all honesty, seeing the LCI changes now, I most likely would have been disappointed, had I waited. Not depressed, but would have felt cheated if I waited a year for these subtle changes. It doesn't even seem like we're getting any new colors. The strongest addition for me is the comfort access being standard. Because I do miss that in my car. Aside form that, it seems to me that I made the right choice by not waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Absolutely no regrets!

See, when you're standing outside of a swimming pool on a scorching hot summer day, and the water is crystal clear blue where you can very vividly see the bottom of the pool, and make out the grout between the tiles ... and start debating yourself on whether you should jump in today to cool down ... ? ... or wait maybe until tomorrow, because tomorrow maybe the water will be less cold. MAYBE. "I kind of don't like cold water anyways. Those people in the pool are crazy!", you debate yourself.

Seems silly ...

And if you were to ask the folks already in the water, having fun, horsing around and cooling off the hot summer day, whether you should jump in today or wait until tomorrow, because the "water is kind of cold today guys!!!" ... well, they would very deservedly call you crazy! And once you're ACTUALLY IN the water, you don't care if it's a bit cold. You're just enjoying another summer day at the pool, while the other guys are still wrapped in their towels, sweaty and reasoning and bargaining with themselves why tomorrow will be better.

There's nothing like today, folks. There never will be. Seize the day my outdated-looking and halogen-infested-f80 friends. Lets go out this weekend, roll down the windows, let the amazing sounds and smells of driving this beast of a car infiltrate your senses through the cabin, and make it a point this summer to drive our new M3's to the fullest!

The weather is absolutely gorgeous, freshly grilled Michelin Pilot Super Sport rubber goes oh so well with the some Mojitos and nachos and the summer is young!

Appreciate 2
      05-09-2015, 08:01 AM   #242
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Actually, that is the way logic works. You do not have to prove anything, it is the listener of your claim the one deciding the merits (or lack thereof) of what you just claimed.
Appreciate 1