Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #23
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I have a stellar relationship with my dealer/Sales Director/Sales Manager (..10 BMW's purchased in 13 years....yes, I've run through that many BMW's in that short period of time, with 5 of those purchases being M3's. Hell, I purchased two in the last 5 months!!!!!!), but when allocations are small (..sayyyy, 1 or 2 for the store) and the product is red hot, you're not going to escape without a mark-up. Paying MSRP on the first M3's that arrive here would be a steal (..and I'd gladly go for that), but it is highly unlikely for a dealership in California to agree to that because they know that there are people willing to buy above MSRP. It has been like that with EVERY M car including the XM trucks, and it'll be the same with the F80.

And let me be clear....

...I'm not choosing to wait because I'm waiting for the next best thing. I just don't want to pay more than the car is actually worth.
Wow. Sucks to be in California. Does your dealership still charge a markup to you even though you spent that much with them? Man! I would go to a new dealership or find some other way to get the car then what you have been doing. Your clearly a great customer and have spent A LOT of money with BMW. You make me feel thankful to have the dealership I have. Virginia is not a bad place to live. We like it.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #24
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

It's a byproduct of living in California. Gotta pay to play. My dealership has taken hits for me on many cars (...i.e...made absolutely no money on me; the store took a loss when I bought my '11.5 M3, the second of the two E9X M3's that I've owned. ) and the service that I've received over the past decade is above & beyond what I'd ever expect from a dealership. I've left with gift baskets of major goodies after buying cars from them. If I wait a year I'll stand to benefit more.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #25
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's a byproduct of living in California. Gotta pay to play. My dealership has taken hits for me on many cars (...i.e...made absolutely no money on me; the store took a loss when I bought my '11.5 M3, the second of the two E9X M3's that I've owned. ) and the service that I've received over the past decade is above & beyond what I'd ever expect from a dealership. I've left with gift baskets of major goodies after buying cars from them. If I wait a year I'll stand to benefit more.
Fair enough and that makes good sense. Honestly, California is pretty tough to beat as a state to live in, so I don't think I could convince you to come to Virginia. With all of the BMW's you have owned your opinion on their vehicles carries a lot of weight in my book, so you definitely know their products. I still feel bad for how expensive things are in California, but like you said, Gotta pay to play. Have a good one and I look forward to seeing more posts from you.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #26
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

we wont be marketing ours up. but we most likely will sell at MSRP

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #27
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F39, CB F86, MB 911T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I've gotten the very first of the last two iterations (E46 & E92) and am happy with that choice. As you say, there is always something newer and better in the future, so it's never ending. It's cool having a distinctly new model for a while, and it will also look new for more years.
Still happy about your '08? It has been over 5 years since I have mine E90 and haven't driven it much lately but still enjoy it regardless.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #28
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Cool..glad to hear that.

Hopefully, the M4's MRSP will not be too far out of reach for me. Though, I got a bit of discount from MRSP back in May of 2008.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #29
elev8
Rep
Drives: EVO , 911

Does this assumption of mark-ups apply to ordered cars? I've never bought a BMW new, but is it realistic that the allotment for m3s would only be a couple cars per dealer? I know dealerships near me will order 335i's at 1K over invoice all day (I know not exactly the same). Also, if someone is in CA , for a few thousand bucks couldn't you order out of Phoenix or some other large metropolitan area out of state?

I understand deanships have to make a healthy buck, and cars already in inventory offer immediate gratification, but I doubt a vanilla M3 (CSLs in Europe used are even relatively affordable) is not really a potential collector car like a 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (truly limited production), perhaps a 1M (again truly limited), or possibly even a Boss 302 to think of a few recent cars.

I say this as someone thinking about an M3 sedan, possibly the first or second model year, but no way I'd pay over, or even MSRP on an ordered car.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #30
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
LED Tails and Comp Pack did not become avail until 2011....

Navi had nothing to do with M3 specifically. All BMWs got that upgrade across the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
He has a 2008 E90, so LED tails were one year later (along with new iDrive, etc.) Correct about comp pack however he may have been also referencing the F10 M5 where the comp pack came out one year after launch (along with LCI changes.)
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #31
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR
This is good to hear and this is a great reason to do business with you and your team. I definitely want you guys to make money, it's a business and if you are good to customers you have every right. I just feel bad when someone is not equitable or fair. Everyone should follow the golden rule of doing for others as you would like to have done for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - E92 M3 - 335i vert

My lease on my 335i vert is up in October 2015 so that would put me in 2nd production year. But it's going to be tough seeing a new M4 on the road and having to wait another full year. To me, that would be an eternity....

I've owned 2 M3's and the last E92 lease ended last October so I didn't want to get into a new E92 for another 3 years with the M4 coming out so soon. I think the timing will work out OK...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #33
XtoM
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4. Soon......

The idea of having to pay some sort of premium on a new car is ridiculous, is it just the dealers deciding that they want to have a bigger profit?
Wouldn't have that over here, it's the price stated or less unles it's a private seller, but with the current financial climate it's not really happening that much over the last few years.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #34
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
That's awesome! Do you have any idea what your initial allocations will be?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #35
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
This is excellent. I think you have found a new dealership. Now, just like golfer has been saying, put some money down now and get on the list.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #36
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Nobody knows how many allocations each dealer will get. We can tell you that we are talking to everyone and anyone at BMW to try and get as many as we can when they come available. Im sure sometime early next year we will have an idea on allocations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
This is excellent. I think you have found a new dealership. Now, just like golfer has been saying, put some money down now and get on the list.

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #37
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubspec330i View Post
Cool..glad to hear that.

Hopefully, the M4's MRSP will not be too far out of reach for me. Though, I got a bit of discount from MRSP back in May of 2008.
We HEAVILY discounted all the e9x M after a while bc we had tons of allocations. If we only get so many cars then as you can imagine we would not be able to.

Pricing will all depend on how many allocations each dealers get.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #38
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
I have a stellar relationship with my dealer/Sales Director/Sales Manager (..10 BMW's purchased in 13 years....yes, I've run through that many BMW's in that short period of time, with 5 of those purchases being M3's. Hell, I purchased two in the last 5 months!!!!!!), but when allocations are small (..sayyyy, 1 or 2 for the store) and the product is red hot, you're not going to escape without a mark-up. Paying MSRP on the first M3's that arrive here would be a steal (..and I'd gladly go for that), but it is highly unlikely for a dealership in California to agree to that because they know that there are people willing to buy above MSRP. It has been like that with EVERY M car including the XM trucks, and it'll be the same with the F80.

And let me be clear....

...I'm not choosing to wait because I'm waiting for the next best thing. I just don't want to pay more than the car is actually worth.
With all due respect, sounds like you've been getting screwed by your "stellar" dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #39
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl L
Quote:

And let me be clear....

With all due respect, sounds like you've been getting screwed by your "stellar" dealer.
Wrong! My contracts say otherwise. Never did I once say that "I" paid MSRP or a mark-up.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #40
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
We HEAVILY discounted all the e9x M after a while bc we had tons of allocations. If we only get so many cars then as you can imagine we would not be able to.

Pricing will all depend on how many allocations each dealers get.
I will definitely look you up once all the initial first year demand slow down a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #41
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^Sounds like a plan! We will be here ready whenever you are

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #42
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

I will wait a few months just because of how the MYs will fall. Just like the E9x M3 the 08s were in production for a few months. If the new M3/4 starts production in Feb/March it sounds like they will come out as 2014 models. Wait a few months until october of 14 and you'll be able to get a MY15.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #43
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
This is good to hear and this is a great reason to do business with you and your team. I definitely want you guys to make money, it's a business and if you are good to customers you have every right. I just feel bad when someone is not equitable or fair. Everyone should follow the golden rule of doing for others as you would like to have done for you.
Sorry missed your quote. Thank you for the kind words! We will always try to hook all the forum members up with the best deals we can on cars and parts. We are def a forum member and forum supporter and always will be. On the M3/M4 depending on how many each dealer gets who knows MSRP could be a hard price to come by! IF and when the car becomes readily available we will adjust the price accordingly when that will be who knows.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #44
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry missed your quote. Thank you for the kind words! We will always try to hook all the forum members up with the best deals we can on cars and parts. We are def a forum member and forum supporter and always will be. On the M3/M4 depending on how many each dealer gets who knows MSRP could be a hard price to come by! IF and when the car becomes readily available we will adjust the price accordingly when that will be who knows.
You bet. I always like seeing your feedback on the forums. You offer a perspective that is different from mine in that you are actively affiliated/employed with a dealership, and a high volume M one at that.
Appreciate 0