R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

08-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

I lap my M4 GTS @ Topgear format track 0.58min.

A guy I know who Is running this track got the same kind of format as Topgear. Kind of fun, Hence I did pop down and put a few laps In this afternoon.

Must say its my first time ever I drive this track. And I did only put In ap. 6-8 laps. (Dry laps that Is)
Did more or less only wet laps prior to them.

M4 GTS drive well still 1610kg full fuel (me and car at track 1690kg) and this Is Mickey mouse 2km short track.

My friend who run the track here did ap. 0.56min In a 991 GT3 RS he tested for a guy.

A M4 GTS will never do that on this track I am sure. Still fun to see the speeds we carry and the brake G:s and corner G:s In the different cars.

My friend driving the RS ( its not his car, just set a lap In It) Is also lappning here every day more or less and he driven some racing as well. So he Is kind of like the STIG here on his track. Very fun format this and thats why I like to post It!

I will try to get the leaderbord picture and there all cars are listed In laptimes what owners did In their own cars. If you can, pop by and put down a few laps ( who ever read this)

991 RS lap here..

Last edited by Captain Unknown GT4; 08-11-2017 at 04:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
KKSigs1267.50
VCP1390.00
      08-06-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Looks like a ton of fun! That would wear some car parts quick though
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 03:11 AM   #3
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

Haha, yes great fun. Also It was rain all day and in between some dry moments. Like its also a bit hard to make the best possible lap instant first time here, and to ad to that Its harder when They Quick install a racenavigator to record It for all to see. I mean I just did a few laps and overdrove In that Porsche -chikane and lost like 1second due to that. Gee I keept my cool still and would had lost It big time out on the Grass If not..It was a close call, damn I was hot in to that fast chikane 😂

Still I got other videos at 0.58,3 min and do that part better but overall got stuck behind cars that lap, but that would be a faster lap If no cars.

Still the fastest one Micke post, and thats my 0.58min with that big misstanke ( like 1 second)
Hehe Its also exiting as I am In no controll of these videos. He just hang recorder In and you are told to instant make a fast lap🤔😂 ( i like the challenge)
I would see a low 57 next time I am sure.

Last edited by Captain Unknown GT4; 08-06-2017 at 03:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
VCP1390.00
      08-06-2017, 03:14 AM   #4
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

Here Is a clip from my camera. I will later upload full lap. There Is only one other GTS who did this and he did 0.59,17min lap.

I will ask for a leaderbord picture. Only the racenavigator video will validate a lap, Hence many will bail out as they do not want It in their car I guess as you are In no contoll.

Last edited by Captain Unknown GT4; 08-06-2017 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 12:18 PM   #5
lukej
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Unknown GT4 View Post
Here Is a clip from my camera. I will later upload full lap. There Is only one other GTS who did this and he did 0.59,17min lap.

I will ask for a leaderbord picture. Only the racenavigator video will validate a lap, Hence many will bail out as they do not want It in their car I guess as you are In no contoll.

That's pretty cool,,, I keep looking for the blue flags!!! LOL
Get those por$&@&$shys out of the way!!, LOL

2. I’m not an (EXPERT) I’m just here with an opinion. So
don’t hate me. (lukej)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

Here Is a full GOPRO video with a few laps In a row.

Its from my Inital first few laps when the track was still slightly damp at places. Best was 58.3min

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 04:13 AM   #7
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

2 Full lap with that white GT4 and 718 boxter.
I recon with out them 2 cars on track It should be my fastest lap.

Appreciate 1
Hedoniste3834.00
      08-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #8
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Great track action, Captain!
Where is your next trip? On what track we will see you?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 01:22 PM   #9
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

Oh, thanks for them kind words✌️

Just did this one,

with my friends who drive as professionals, one Is driving WTCC at the moment and Richard do alot of STCC, and just now did Porsche Carrera CUP. But he Is first hand very fast driver On Nurburgring. Drove alot with Schubert Motorsport wich Is a high end BMW Team In germany.

They do some driverstraining with a brunch of us track addics:-)

I drive and they sit In for a ride. I accually been doing this since way back and then also datalogg. Compare trace from driving the same cars. Been doing this for ages. Against comptitive PRO drivers. On nurburging and on them shorter tracks.

Personally I always been In to datalogg and driver training, I rather tune my selfe than to tune my cars that Is. Each to their own, nothing wrong In tuning cars but It not for me anyway.

Never been here In M4 GTS. 2015 drove wet laps here In my Porsche GT4.
Anyway M4 GTS did tear up this small mickey mouse track aswell, still I feel the pork In the car more on these shorter smaller track.

Then again If I was relly stupid like some of them car magazine guys, Dhu..I would raise the chassie 2cm higher up to the air, and soften up rebound/compression and take out all aero effect on M4 GTS
Those stupid car magazine guys did that crap to the GTS Is just amazingly stupid.

Well If we try to rip up this track In that mode M4 GTS will suck, you hear me now car magazine guys (we know who you are) and you keyboard warriors on here who never ever been to track

Oh sorry for my french

Last edited by Captain Unknown GT4; 08-16-2017 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0