European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

07-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP

Thumbs up 2015 BMW CCA - Boston Chapter, Concurs d'Elegance event

I am the co-chair of this event and I would like to invite all BMWCCA
Members to attend the 2015 Concours d'Elegance Event sponsored by Turner Motorsports. This year the event will be held on Sunday August 9, 2015 at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (http://larzanderson.org/). That means you have all day on Saturday to get your BMW ready!!! (Please note the Larz Anderson Museum lists this event as BMW CCA Day.)

Last year we had over 140 BMWs and a few Minis participate. This is a judged event so entry of your car will need to be chosen by you as to which entry class you wish to participate in. The entry classes are noted on the BMW CCA Boston Chapter web page as is the scoring sheet we will use to evaluate your car. If you have any questions about choosing which class to enter your car, please let me know and I will assist you.

Also, note that we will have a "Display" Class which will not be judged however we will choose one car from that class for an award.

First timers, don't be afraid to enter a judged class, I will help you understand what to do.

Here are the event details:

BMW CCA Boston Chapter Concours d' Elegance - sponsored by Turner Motorsports
Sunday, Aug 9, 2015
9:00am - 2:00pm

Event Registration:
Registration is open

15 Newton St.
Brookline, MA 02445

More information and pre-registration is available here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=818

Please pre-register for our event to help us get the cars parked faster as we expect a larger turn-out.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to seeing you all at the event.

MJM
      07-31-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
bahstongal
///M
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Just a reminder pre registration closes on August 2nd! Hope to see everyone there!
      08-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
kraeburn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 6MT

I am interested in attending just to check out some cool cars. I would feel kinda silly to enter my '15 M3 that is stock with only 2,000 miles on it. I assume that this would be worthwhile just to check out, right?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraeburn View Post
I am interested in attending just to check out some cool cars. I would feel kinda silly to enter my '15 M3 that is stock with only 2,000 miles on it. I assume that this would be worthwhile just to check out, right?
It's not silly to enter your M3 for judging if you feel it is clean enough to compete against others in your class. A 2015 M3 is not competing against a 1985 M3 for example. Judged cars are grouped by age and entered class. Also cars with more miles in your same class will gain points in our attempt to make this fair. Please review our scoring sheets on line at the BMW CCA Boston Chapter site: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=818

If you don't want to compete in a judged class, then entering into the "Display" class may be for you. No cleanliness judging of your M, more like a "Shown and Shine" event area. It also allows you to park on the Larz Anderson Museum property vs. out on the street.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. Either way, we would love to have you and your new M3 at the event.

Also: please consider attending our RI Show and Shine event on August 23rd in Narragansett. Details are here:http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=825
      08-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #5
M Vier
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: M4

Hey MJM,

Good to hear from you again. A year has gone by very quickly, but this year my car is here

I'm planning to be there. I think I'll join the display group? What do you think?

I was so busy last month and didn't get a chance to register. Do you think I missed the deadline?

BTW, I encouraged one of my friends to enter his M6 (E24). I'll go to his place on Saturday to work on it with him and make it ready for Sunday

P.S. I met your daughter at the last RI cars and coffee
      08-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #6
MJM
United_States
Rep

Hi M Vier, great news about you attending and your car being here! Pre-registration closed on August 2nd but you can register on-site the day of the event. We expect a very large turn-out as the weather forecast looks like perfect weather on Sunday. So get there by 9am.

Display class BMWs will be sent immediately to the left upon entry into the Larz Anderson driveway and right to the display area. We believe this should reduce the lines for registration and expedite parking.

Thanks for encouraging your friend to bring his M6. You can examine the actual scoring sheets in preparation by downloading them from our web page here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=818

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year. My daughter will be there and assisting with the entry of the scoring sheets into our database used for calculating the winners. She has been working with other 1-series owners to get them to attend too.

Thanks for the note!
      08-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #7
abnorM4l
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
I am the co-chair of this event and I would like to invite all BMWCCA
Members to attend the 2015 Concours d'Elegance Event sponsored by Turner Motorsports. This year the event will be held on Sunday August 9, 2015 at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (http://larzanderson.org/). That means you have all day on Saturday to get your BMW ready!!! (Please note the Larz Anderson Museum lists this event as BMW CCA Day.)

Last year we had over 140 BMWs and a few Minis participate. This is a judged event so entry of your car will need to be chosen by you as to which entry class you wish to participate in. The entry classes are noted on the BMW CCA Boston Chapter web page as is the scoring sheet we will use to evaluate your car. If you have any questions about choosing which class to enter your car, please let me know and I will assist you.

Also, note that we will have a "Display" Class which will not be judged however we will choose one car from that class for an award.

First timers, don't be afraid to enter a judged class, I will help you understand what to do.

Here are the event details:

BMW CCA Boston Chapter Concours d' Elegance - sponsored by Turner Motorsports
Sunday, Aug 9, 2015
9:00am - 2:00pm

Event Registration:
Registration is open

15 Newton St.
Brookline, MA 02445

More information and pre-registration is available here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=818

Please pre-register for our event to help us get the cars parked faster as we expect a larger turn-out.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to seeing you all at the event.

MJM
Can non BmwCCA members enter the event or is it strictly for BMWCCA members?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #8
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnorM4l View Post
Can non BmwCCA members enter the event or is it strictly for BMWCCA members?
We would love to have you become a member as we have many great events for BMW owners but we will allow you to attend this one if you come and register for this event on site.

There are many great benefits for BMW CCA members; one of which is to be able to receive up to 25% discount on parts and accessories at many local BMW dealers.
      08-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #9
MJM
United_States
Rep

Hi everyone: here is some helpful information for folks attending the Concurs d'Elegance on Sunday:

Lawn A opens at 9 AM for Judged Cars. No more cars will be allowed into the Judged Area Lawn A after 11 AM when judging starts.

Lawn B opens at 9 AM for Display Cars (non-judged). No more cars will be allowed onto Lawn B after noontime.

Time to start cleaning if you are entering a judged class.

Good luck everyone!!
      08-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #10
M Vier
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep

I just came back from the event. It was awesome seeing nice cars and meeting great people.
      08-11-2015, 06:19 AM   #11
M Vier
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Just posted some pictures. Enjoy!

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2#post18397662