Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-22-2017, 02:29 AM   #1
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack San Marino Blue

Garage List
Pick up car from BMW Welt

Hi folks, I'm sure this will have been asked before.

I'd like to pick up my new M4 from Germany. Other European countries can do this. The BMW Welt offer this service however my dealer in the past had said this isn't possible with a UK order.

Any idea why?

Is there any way I can try to overcome the obstacles & arrange this?

Anybody managed to do this?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 02:50 AM   #2
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

It's not available for us unfortunately, I'm sure the others have stopped it now too (Porsche, Audi, merc)

I've read the reason before but can't remember now if it's to do with tax reasons or registration reasons.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 03:17 AM   #3
ArnoldRimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 Competition LCI

Bit of a disappointment though, and adding to what Colinv6 says Audi definitely don't do it either. I live in Germany now but still have to come back to the UK to collect my car in April; just to bring it back to Germany!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #4
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Porsche UK allow it.

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessorie...orycollection/

I see no reason why BMW when they offer it to the ROTW won't offer it in the UK, but it'll be BMWUK stopping it.
      02-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #5
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

yes it sucks I would have loved to tour Germany then home like our NA friends get to do
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

I thought you could still do it you just don't get a European Delivery Discount like we do in the US? You'd have to pay your own insurance and stuff too you don't get those benefits, but I think my uncle was gonna pull the trigger like 8 years ago and then got a porsche instead.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 12:35 PM   #7
iamjim
Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80 CP | DCT | SO | CB

There is nothing worse and nothing more cringing when I see the ausfuhrkennzeichen on a new car at full whack on the autobahn.

in its usual translation - it sadly means a daft North American driver with zero skill for speed and awareness, lacking any considerations for road signs and speed restrictions, going as fast as possible in a brand new car / engine neither run in and stone chipped to buggery.

See it all the time and I just get out of their way, accident magnets.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 02:22 AM   #8
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible SS/SS

Garage List
I looked into this about 1-2 years ago. I turned 40 in May '16 and had wanted to do a European collection. I was considering Porsche and BMW at the time. Neither offered this to the UK even though it was detailed on both Porsche and BMW websites. I contacted BMW UK and Germany head offices and the same for Porsche and they wouldn't budge. Told me it was to do with legalities of driving a UK spec car in Europe and also that there wasn't enough interest in it. They both said they were looking to do this again in the future but needed to iron out the legalities. Honestly, I just think it was all bullshit and probably too much paperwork for only a handful of customers wanting to do the Euro collection.

Would be interested to know if Porsche are really offering this again or if the poster is just going off what is on their website?

CH.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 03:36 AM   #9
gatsojon
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP SSII/SS

Garage List
2017 BMW M4 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
I looked into this about 1-2 years ago. I turned 40 in May '16 and had wanted to do a European collection. I was considering Porsche and BMW at the time. Neither offered this to the UK even though it was detailed on both Porsche and BMW websites. I contacted BMW UK and Germany head offices and the same for Porsche and they wouldn't budge. Told me it was to do with legalities of driving a UK spec car in Europe and also that there wasn't enough interest in it. They both said they were looking to do this again in the future but needed to iron out the legalities. Honestly, I just think it was all bullshit and probably too much paperwork for only a handful of customers wanting to do the Euro collection.

Would be interested to know if Porsche are really offering this again or if the poster is just going off what is on their website?

CH.
Smells like BS doesn't it!

Like many, I drove my BMW from the UK to BMW Welt and back again, perfectly legally I thought
      03-02-2017, 08:23 AM   #10
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjim View Post
There is nothing worse and nothing more cringing when I see the ausfuhrkennzeichen on a new car at full whack on the autobahn.

in its usual translation - it sadly means a daft North American driver with zero skill for speed and awareness, lacking any considerations for road signs and speed restrictions, going as fast as possible in a brand new car / engine neither run in and stone chipped to buggery.

See it all the time and I just get out of their way, accident magnets.
What's this "run in" you speak of?? Bunch of BS. Break in stopped being necessary in the 1950s
Appreciate 0