Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
Knuckles05
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80/M3

Remus catback, BMS dual intake, jb4 review

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
First of all I would like to thank both mike from x-ph and mike from n54 tuning for helping me out with all the questions I had when it came to the parts I bought. These guys really know their stuff and both have good prices on the things the sell.

I ended up buying the remus catback exhaust from x-ph. I was debating between the remus and the gt haus miestershaft but decided to go with remus due it had what I was looking for. I thought the miestershaft would be too loud and since I plan to add down pipes in the future mike from x-ph recommended the remus. I finally got it put on tuesday, and it is a very nice looking piece with the carbon tips. It has a nice throaty deep sound at idle and when normal cruising. even with the valves open no droning cabin sound. valves closed it is fairly quieter. Once you get on it with valves open get loud with minimal rasp. you do feel a stronger kick back compared to the stock exhaust and can hear the turbos a bit more. Overall I am impressed with it and glad I chose the remus. As well for the price wasn't too bad.

I also got my BMS intakes from x-ph in on wednesday and installed them. I don't know that make the car faster or anything, but I do feel like the tubos spool a bit faster and things feel smoother with the exhaust. Valves closed closed you do hear the turbos a bit more but nothing drastic that you would notice, but it does feel like the car breathes better.With an exhaust you won't even notice them. But I think for the price, its not a bad option if you want some sound and open things up a bit.

Yesterday I got my jb4 that i got from mike and n54 tuning. For my set up i have now decided to just connect the stage 1. I was going to do the CAN wires too but it got late and the MAP connector was a bit difficult and took some time.
After I finished connecting the stage 1 I took the car out for a test drive and I must say the JB4 stage 1 it made a huge difference. The intakes are louder and can be heard with the exhaust. the exhaust seemed to sound more deeper as well, less back fires.The car pulls alot stronger and feels like it delivers the power more smoothly. It definitely wakes the car up. for the price it is the best bang for your buck. Overall I am impressed with these mods so far especially running the intake and exhaust with the jb4.

I haven't made any video clips of the exhaust sound. I will try to get one uploaded soon.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Glad to see that you are happy with your mod choices and vendors
Now post pics and videos

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #3
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Glad to see that you are happy with your mod choices and vendors
Now post pics and videos
+1

Need pics.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #4
Knuckles05
Enlisted Member
Rep

Will try to get some videos and pics up soon
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Knuckles05
Enlisted Member
Rep

here are some quick pics, I dont have any pics of the jb4 since it is tucked under the passenger cowl
Name:  IMG_4156 (1).JPG
Views: 367
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4153 (1).JPG
Views: 351
Size:  93.6 KB
Appreciate 0