ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-29-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
Oh ///My
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Question regarding how to / when to lock incentives

Ordered my first BMW on Friday and got what I think is a decent deal on an M3. 5% off a 74k sticker price, without incentives. I do not have a tracking number or delivery date yet, but hopefully get more information this week after order submitted.

How do I lock the $750 November credit? I mentioned it to me sales guy and he said you have to wait and see what comes out in February when you get the car and discuss finance vs lease. This seemed to contradict what I'd seen about people locking rates and incentives, but I did not know enough to tell him how to lock me in.

Those with experience, with this much time still to go, is it worth trying to lock this credit tomorrow, or does Dec - Jan/Feb usually have similar or better deals?

Very excited to make the jump to the M after owning a number of Audis. This purchase was "accidental" after being underwhelmed by a 2013 911 C2, after a life long "I need this" with Porsche.
      11-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh ///My View Post

How do I lock the $750 November credit? I mentioned it to me sales guy and he said you have to wait and see what comes out in February when you get the car and discuss finance vs lease. This seemed to contradict what I'd seen about people locking rates and incentives, but I did not know enough to tell him how to lock me in.

Those with experience, with this much time still to go, is it worth trying to lock this credit tomorrow, or does Dec - Jan/Feb usually have similar or better deals?
Welcome to the club!

On the East coast, you cannot lock your deal for more than 60 days - if your delivery date is more than 60 days from now, it cannot be locked.

When the car gets less than = to 60 days out, lock the deals in place then with the understanding that if better ones come out before your car gets delivered you can switch to those. Dec should be as good or better than November. I would try locking at the end of December.
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Novemberfest credit is not lockable, only the build credit is

And if you didnt get your production # after leaving deposit, there is a chance that your dealer does not even have an allocation for your car
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
Oh ///My
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmayr
Quote:

Welcome to the club!

On the East coast, you cannot lock your deal for more than 60 days - if your delivery date is more than 60 days from now, it cannot be locked.

When the car gets less than = to 60 days out, lock the deals in place then with the understanding that if better ones come out before your car gets delivered you can switch to those. Dec should be as good or better than November. I would try locking at the end of December.
Thanks. And how do I actually lock the incentive?

I don't know date yet, not in a rush either since I'm in Boston and will be replacing suv mid winter. Excited, but later is probably better.
      11-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Your CA does it. Technically, all they do is apply the program and it's good for 60 days. No "locking" per se.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh ///My
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmayr
Quote:

Welcome to the club!

Thanks. And how do I actually lock the incentive?

I don't know date yet, not in a rush either since I'm in Boston and will be replacing suv mid winter. Excited, but later is probably better.
They gotta run your credit to appropriately lock the rate
And its not about your build week

You gotta have production number upon the deposit, go ask for it asap so that your car will be built sooner or later designated for YOU!!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 07:03 PM   #7
Cameron.mac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
What if you forgot to mention any "locking" when first ordering? Can I just mention it next time I talk to the CA or just wait until final paperwork?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 07:04 PM   #8
saleen556
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I'm in the same boat waiting for a production number. Allocations are slim. Hopefully dealers get a few this week. Mine was put in the system October 30th. Did credit app and a deposit as well. However dealer isn't taking funds until they get me an allocation. Was also told November fest is for cars off the lot or received then.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #9
Oh ///My
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post

You gotta have production number upon the deposit, go ask for it asap so that your car will be built sooner or later designated for YOU!!
Ok, he did mention they wouldn't run credit until closer to delivery with date confirmed. He also advised he'd be submitting the order either Monday or Tuesday of this upcoming week I believe.
      11-29-2015, 07:12 PM   #10
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh ///My
Quote:

Ok, he did mention they wouldn't run credit until closer to delivery with date confirmed. He also advised he'd be submitting the order either Monday or Tuesday of this upcoming week I believe.
Yea once your CA submits the order, you will get your prod # but only if the dealership has an open allocation for you

If you want to lock the rates, you should ask
Your CA to run the credit,
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #11
Bmwguy11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Yea once your CA submits the order, you will get your prod # but only if the dealership has an open allocation for you

This.

Quote:
Also, why monday or tuesday to "submit the order"?

Sounds like they don't have an allocation and are just stringing you along. The BMW order allocation system is functional 365 days a year 24/7. If they had an allocation, they could have gotten you a production number the day you placed your order.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
Oh ///My
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwguy11
Quote:

This.

Quote:
Also, why monday or tuesday to "submit the order"?

Sounds like they don't have an allocation and are just stringing you along. The BMW order allocation system is functional 365 days a year 24/7. If they had an allocation, they could have gotten you a production number the day you placed your order.
Waiting for December for the allocation to open. Spoke with CA this morning.
      11-30-2015, 12:19 PM   #13
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Waiting for December for the allocation to open. Spoke with CA this morning.
Let's hope they get one! And if they do make sure you get the December rates locked in (run a credit app). They usually have the best incentives.
Appreciate 0