proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-18-2015, 11:51 PM   #23
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 Ford Raptor - On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
Lets share what day and time you are taking a delivery of your car

Maybe we can utilize this thread to communicate within December ED groups

I am confirmed for 12/18 9:30am

If anyone is on the same day, you will see my AW/SO F82 there.

Im just hoping my car will come with PSS instead of Conti

PS: please post if you are renting snow tires or not
Here is a little history for you... Today I went to my dealer, and they had a Alpine W M4 with black 19" and CF Roof, and man o' man, what a beauty! It looked shorter than a M3, and looked so muscular, I loved!

Two things that that car had that maid it so special, black grill and Lower blades M rocker panel in black.
      11-19-2015, 12:02 AM   #24
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am still debating whether i should rent snow tires for my ED

Ive heard that major roads get cleared pretty quickly

Only country who "requires" winter tires is Switzerland and im not planning to go there

Only concern is if the road A10 will be fine from salzburg to venice
If i were to rent snow tires for my whole ED route it will be more than $720 ( dropping my car off at Frankfurt)

I have read numerous ED trip stories where they didnt rent winter tires for december trip
I'm on the same dilemma, so here is what I'm doing, once I get there I will decide if I can drive to Austria on summer tires (if the weather allows), if not, I will be renting a car which will cost me about 300 euros with insurance.

Snow and sait are not good for your car, I live in Boston and I know that summer tires on any car even on AWD are worthless on snow, I will never take that chance.

I will keep you informed the soon I'm there.

Here is my google maps of my trip.
Attached Images

Last edited by 64-bit; 11-19-2015 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 12:14 AM   #25
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64-bit
Quote:

Only country who "requires" winter tires is Switzerland and im not planning to go there

If i were to rent snow tires for my whole ED route it will be more than $720 ( dropping my car off at Frankfurt)

I have read numerous ED trip stories where they didnt rent winter tires for december trip
I'm on the same dilemma, so here is what I'm doing, once I get there I will decide if I can drive to Austria on summer tires (if the weather allows), if not, I will be renting a car which will cost me about 300 euros with insurance.

Snow and sait are not good for your car, I live in Boston and I know that summer tires on any car even on AWD are worthless on snow, I will never take that chance.

Thank you for your reply, it helps to hear from the boston resident

I am Californian. So its really difficult to imagine what it is like to drive where it can possibly snow or already snowed

So correct me if im wrong but switzerland is only country who legally requires snow tires correct?

i forgot to edit but i changed my color to MW last minute with that extra novemberfest credit
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #26
Harveyd396
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 , MT, Mineral White

My delivery date is Dec 2 at 10:30 am. Coming from Aventura, FL, Will be arriving Munich Tuesday morning, staying at Aparthotel Access, near Olympic Park. I rented a car, the weather looks like it will be very cold and rainy. Not interested in driving my new M3 in that kind of conditions, too risky. Will be doing dinner at the Haxnbauer Tuesday evening, haven't been there in 25 years, it's so good. I just called the BMW info line and heard my car is in the paint shop, completion is tomorrow. Anyone in this thread at Welt during this time?

My M3 is MW, full black leather, Manual trans, every option except the ceramic brakes. Doing the Dinan Stage 2 & Exhaust from day 1. Swapping rear tires to the front and mounting 305/35-19 on the rears. I hope they are Michelin. A few carbon fiber goodies.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #27
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92
Quote:
Quote:

I am Californian. So its really difficult to imagine what it is like to drive where it can possibly snow or already snowed

So correct me if im wrong but switzerland is only country who legally requires snow tires correct?

i forgot to edit but i changed my color to MW last minute with that extra novemberfest credit
I had my order on M Gray, changed last minute to Mineral White since I never had a white car before and I always loved the looks of the E92 on white

I believe that Austria is the only country that requires snow tires per law.
      11-20-2015, 04:50 PM   #28
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I had my order on M Gray, changed last minute to Mineral White since I never had a white car before and I always loved the looks of the E92 on white

I believe that Austria is the only country that requires snow tires per law.
Sweetness, i think we both will love MW!!
I had an AW M4 and i still think its nice color but i wanted to try the different white

As far as winter tires requirement, after i read your post, ill carefully think about dropping salzburg from my list as Austria requires winter tires by law
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 11:10 PM   #29
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyd396
My delivery date is Dec 2 at 10:30 am. Coming from Aventura, FL, Will be arriving Munich Tuesday morning, staying at Aparthotel Access, near Olympic Park. I rented a car, the weather looks like it will be very cold and rainy. Not interested in driving my new M3 in that kind of conditions, too risky. Will be doing dinner at the Haxnbauer Tuesday evening, haven't been there in 25 years, it's so good. I just called the BMW info line and heard my car is in the paint shop, completion is tomorrow. Anyone in this thread at Welt during this time?

My M3 is MW, full black leather, Manual trans, every option except the ceramic brakes. Doing the Dinan Stage 2 & Exhaust from day 1. Swapping rear tires to the front and mounting 305/35-19 on the rears. I hope they are Michelin. A few carbon fiber goodies.
Another Dec EDer with MW Have fun and safe trip!!

Yea renting a car is actually very good idea..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #30
Dshady
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

My car finally went into production and is scheduled to be completed on 12/4. The wait continues...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 09:11 AM   #31
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshady
My car finally went into production and is scheduled to be completed on 12/4. The wait continues...
Thats awesome!!!

I know the wait sucks!!! Especially knowing your car is now going through production!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #32
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Thats awesome!!!

I know the wait sucks!!! Especially knowing your car is now going through production!
Oh you have no idea what is ahead. You think the wait for the ED is bad, you will see true torture as you wait for the car to make it back home after having tasted the sweetness.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 11:26 AM   #33
Dshady
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
Oh you have no idea what is ahead. You think the wait for the ED is bad, you will see true torture as you wait for the car to make it back home after having tasted the sweetness.
Thanks for that.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #34
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshady View Post
Thanks for that.
hehehehe. We all go through it. I am certain that once I take re-delivery I will agree with all the others that the wait is worth the experience of ED. As for right now, I just have the jones reeeeeaall bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #35
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm
Quote:
Thanks for that.
hehehehe. We all go through it. I am certain that once I take re-delivery I will agree with all the others that the wait is worth the experience of ED. As for right now, I just have the jones reeeeeaall bad.
Haha at least we dont pay for 2nd monthly payment if leased

I am financing so there goes my whole monthly payment without the car
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #36
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
Quote:
My car just went into production yesterday i think its still too early considering im taking delivery on 12/18
BMW may have batched your car in with other cars that are being built now in order to increase production efficiency. Since it will finish early, they will store it at an intermediate location in the Munich area. Then they will truck it to the Welt roughly 12-24 hours before the delivery. If you have a morning delivery time, they will truck it to the Welt the afternoon before. The Welt receives at least a truck every 30 minutes.

The reason that they don't store it for longer in the Welt is that they are storage constrained in the delivery area - both by the volume of daily deliveries (80-120 per day) and by the amount of gasoline under the building.

In the Welt storage area they reduce the oxygen content to increase safety.
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #37
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
That's a fact! Especially for the West Coast crowd.
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #38
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha at least we dont pay for 2nd monthly payment if leased

I am financing so there goes my whole monthly payment without the car
Maybe 2 months ..... BMW will allow themselves 10 weeks to deliver a West Coast car after drop off. I factored that in to the "savings" spreadsheet....

I must say that the ED experience is worth every minute of not having the car here in the states. Truly a fabulous experience in every way. You are gonna have so much fun!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #39
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmayr
Quote:
My car just went into production yesterday i think its still too early considering im taking delivery on 12/18
BMW may have batched your car in with other cars that are being built now in order to increase production efficiency. Since it will finish early, they will store it at an intermediate location in the Munich area. Then they will truck it to the Welt roughly 12-24 hours before the delivery. If you have a morning delivery time, they will truck it to the Welt the afternoon before. The Welt receives at least a truck every 30 minutes.

The reason that they don't store it for longer in the Welt is that they are storage constrained in the delivery area - both by the volume of daily deliveries (80-120 per day) and by the amount of gasoline under the building.

In the Welt storage area they reduce the oxygen content to increase safety.
Thank you for the good information!
Yea i wonder where my car is now It was a long ago since the production completed....

I cant wait to go see my car already... The wait kills~~
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 02:01 AM   #40
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep

IMPORTANT!!!!!

You need winter tires if you're planning to leave Munich!

I live in Boston, so I know how to drive on snow even the I got stuck twice!

My friend who got a 435 with all seasons got also stuck on the same places.

So, im renting an Audi A1 and I already left my beloved M3 at the drop off location.
      11-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #41
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
IMPORTANT!!!!!

You need winter tires if you're planning to leave Munich!

I live in Boston, so I know how to drive on snow even the I got stuck twice!

My friend who got a 435 with all seasons got also stuck on the same places.

So, im renting an Audi A1 and I already left my beloved M3 at the drop off location.
Thank you for this information!!!! Ill go ahead and rent snow tires to avoid all the troubles!

Have a safe rest of your ED trip!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 11:17 AM   #42
YasM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yas Marina Blue M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasM4
From Miami

Confirmed 12/11

YMB
BLACK LEATHER
MANUAL
Congrats!! Are you renting snow tires?
No snow tires for me going from welt to the boat
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 11:18 AM   #43
YasM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yas Marina Blue M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdeck
Quote:
Mine still hasn't started production and I'm taking delivery on 12/15. This wait is getting horrible.
I hear you! Mine has not started production for a 12/9 pickup.
Mine hasn't started production either and I'm picking up on 12/11.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #44
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YasM4
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdeck
Quote:
Mine still hasn't started production and I'm taking delivery on 12/15. This wait is getting horrible.
I hear you! Mine has not started production for a 12/9 pickup.
Mine hasn't started production either and I'm picking up on 12/11.
Again, why my car was built so early catching dust somewhere !!!my car has no individual option requested either

I hope your car gets into the production soon
At least your car will be a hot cake when you land your hands on it
Appreciate 0