European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
FLGator15
Private
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black M4

Factory/Museum tour

With my ED quickly approaching how do I schedule the Factory and Museum tour? Do I do this before getting to Welt?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

You can email the Welt to schedule the factory tour. I don't think you'll need to reserve for the museum, I don't recall doing that.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #3
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

You'll need to schedule your delivery appointment if you haven't already. Schedule the tour at that time. When you get your credentials at check-in they'll have your itinerary printed on them with your appointment/tour times. It definitely needs to be scheduled in advance.

You're on your own for the museum. No set times ir reservations required.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #4
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator15 View Post
With my ED quickly approaching how do I schedule the Factory and Museum tour? Do I do this before getting to Welt?

Thanks in advance!
For the factory tour, Email/Call the Welt. The info is in your welcome package.

For the museum, you get a free pass when you sign in - there is no specific time for that tour.

You can also sign up for a behind the scenes tour of the Welt, which was interesting. Highlight of the trip is they let you see through a window into the delivery prep area.
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 12:44 AM   #5
MrMotorwerk
Inline 6, 6MT enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Old E46, 2016 SS2 M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator15

Thanks in advance!
Schedule your factory tour as soon as possible.
You should have gotten a confirmation email of your ED date and time; in there should be an email to schedule a factory tour.

If by any chance it is overbooked and unavailable, be nice to your BMW rep at the Welt when filling out your paperwork prior to your delivery. Explain to your rep at the Welt, how you would like to do the factory tour but was not able to schedule one. Your rep most likely will try and get you on a tour if possible; this exact scenario happened to me on my ED. My rep was very helpful in getting me into a tour the day of my delivery. In fact she, called me while I was visiting the museum with the good news and issued me a new itinerary card.

The factory tour is probably second best thing to taking delivery of your new car at the Welt on the spinning platform!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 08:38 AM   #6
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

For everyone's info, the factory tour is closed between 12/14 and 1/11 for winter vacation

It sucks I am scheduled for ED on 12/18 and i can not go to factory tour :/
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #7
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
For everyone's info, the factory tour is closed between 12/14 and 1/11 for winter vacation

It sucks I am scheduled for ED on 12/18 and i can not go to factory tour :/
Good point. Forgot to mention that.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:49 AM   #8
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

I would have loved to do that when I was there last week, I was not aware of this tour, darn.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmayr View Post
For the factory tour, Email/Call the Welt. The info is in your welcome package.

For the museum, you get a free pass when you sign in - there is no specific time for that tour.

You can also sign up for a behind the scenes tour of the Welt, which was interesting. Highlight of the trip is they let you see through a window into the delivery prep area.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 10:17 AM   #9
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
I would have loved to do that when I was there last week, I was not aware of this tour, darn.....
They have many unique and different programs available all throughout the year. It's all on the Welt's website.

They also offer tours at most of their other plants in addition to Munich (though they will all be closed for Christmas shutdown).
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #10
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonmayr View Post

I was not aware of this! Can you tell us more about what you saw? Is this area underground?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #11
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I was not aware of this! Can you tell us more about what you saw? Is this area underground?
Part under the building, part through the public areas. The tour kicks off near the elevators to the premium lounge and takes a walk through the public areas to the Mini spot. Then there's a door where you go downstairs into a small auditorium where they show a video of the whole prep process - maybe 15 minutes. Then they roll up the wall and you are looking out a window into the prep area - you can see the cars that are stored there and a little bit of the prep area itself. Then back up into the public area to the "tornado" section of the Welt, the i section, the rolls royce section, finishing by the bikes in the main area. It's free and took under an hour. The facts and figures about the welt were fun and the delivery prep video/window were the highlight.

We took it because there were no factory tours the day I picked my car up.
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2015, 06:50 PM   #12
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Factory tour is awesome, lots of walking but pretty cool. Book it ahead of time.
Appreciate 0