Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

09-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #1
CS328Ci
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Bumper dent advice

Hey guys, Im looking for some advice regarding a dent on my bumper.

I got this dent on my rear bumper, by the sill area below the trunk. I dont know how I got it as Im pretty careful when loading and unloading.

It drives me quite stir crazy as I notice it every time I go up to the car.

I am going to call the PDR guy after the weekend and see if they can do anything. I know it is polyurethane/plastic and i am concerned that PDR cant fix it.

Do you guys have any experience with stuff like this? Worst comes to worst, I might have to go to the body shop or live with it. Thanks for the help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS328Ci View Post
Hey guys, Im looking for some advice regarding a dent on my bumper.

I got this dent on my rear bumper, by the sill area below the trunk. I dont know how I got it as Im pretty careful when loading and unloading.

It drives me quite stir crazy as I notice it every time I go up to the car.

I am going to call the PDR guy after the weekend and see if they can do anything. I know it is polyurethane/plastic and i am concerned that PDR cant fix it.

Do you guys have any experience with stuff like this? Worst comes to worst, I might have to go to the body shop or live with it. Thanks for the help
PDR cant fix that. its plastic

a body shop might be able to heat it back to "close to normal", but if you are expecting perfect, buy a new bumper and have it repainted and HOPE it matches the same (even though bumpers are mismatched no matter what)
Appreciate 0