Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #45
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space gray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
I don't blame GrussGott for not driving, German law requires snow tires after October 15th, and installing winter tires on the 20" 666M? Too much of a hassle.
You can rent winter tires from edwintertires.com. Includes rental of rims.
Your original wheels are tires are stored at the tire depot, and your car will be delivered at the Welt with the rental tires and wheels. I did that last December. Not really a hassle, but an additional expense for sure.
It defeats taking pictures of the OEM rims within the welt. Thus, why I always ED in September = Oktoberfest.
Tobes95.00
      11-15-2017, 12:49 AM   #46
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Looks like a 8 series.
that's exactly what I thought: had dual quad exhaust with the rectangular tips and definitely tons of power - I tried to get a side shot and the drive must've guessed because he suddenly shot forward and then got in front of us but my driver was able to catch him due to traffic.

If it is an 8, it's definitely big and badass looking - even camo'd probably the best silhouette I've seen in awhile.

Very cool looking.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:14 AM   #47
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Your original wheels are tires are stored at the tire depot, and your car will be delivered at the Welt with the rental tires and wheels. I did that last December. Not really a hassle, but an additional expense for sure.
I could've but I wanted the pristine pictures in the Welt and frankly it would've been a lot of effort with my wife, and after almost 20 years in solitary I've learned to pick my battles.

So basically we got our custom plant tour and finally saw a bit more of Munich, which we always miss because we just hit the road, plus we found that Sixt MyDriver service i wish I didn't love but man there's just something spectacular about walking around all day and then you walk to your meeting spot and your Chauffeur is there with the door open and cold beverages in the back and there's enough room to stretch out and cross your legs. Definitely vacation lifestyle.

And then we flew to Zurich. This hotel has a full size Bentley which will take us to the airport on our way to Vienna.

Yeah, it's her trip, I'm just the passenger.
Appreciate 2
Ibiza3611.50
Thescout134944.00
      11-15-2017, 10:30 AM   #48
rakusak
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82, F15, F80

Love the individual touches. Especially the center console stitched "M" badge.

That was one thing I would change about my ED order. Just looked again and noticed that the USB was deleted for yours too... my 2018 edition, still has it in the center console cover... I wonder If I can replace the cover I have with a "M" version.. anyone know how to do this? GrussGott, did you just ask for this during your order, show a pic or?

I think this is the part number/name.

Trim leather Center Stack bottom

Last edited by rakusak; 11-15-2017 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #49
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusak View Post
Love the individual touches. Especially the center console stitched "M" badge.

That was one thing I would change about my ED order. Just looked again and noticed that the USB was deleted for yours too... my 2018 edition, still has it in the center console cover... I wonder If I can replace the cover I have with a "M" version.. anyone know how to do this? GrussGott, did you just ask for this during your order, show a pic or?

I think this is the part number/name.

Trim leather Center Stack bottom
I'm not sure off hand if you can get the "///M", I do know you can get it without it (you already figured that out) as that was my plan "b" in case I hated all the ///Ms which I kinda got as a joke but now I like them

As for no USB, you can get the embroidered ///M with or without the usb, but if you get it with the USB it moves the ///M off-center to the left which (a) would look horrible, and (b) I don't want a USB plug in my dash anyway so I didn't get it that way.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #50
rakusak
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82, F15, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I'm not sure off hand if you can get the "///M", I do know you can get it without it (you already figured that out) as that was my plan "b" in case I hated all the ///Ms which I kinda got as a joke but now I like them

As for no USB, you can get the embroidered ///M with or without the usb, but if you get it with the USB it moves the ///M off-center to the left which (a) would look horrible, and (b) I don't want a USB plug in my dash anyway so I didn't get it that way.
Agreed. either clean with ///M or no ///M and usb or just usb. But my preference is just the ///M.

What are the steps to order this with your build? That might be the route I need to start with? Maybe just contact BMWNA? BMWGenius?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 12:08 AM   #51
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agreed. either clean with ///M or no ///M and usb or just usb. But my preference is just the ///M.

What are the steps to order this with your build? That might be the route I need to start with? Maybe just contact BMWNA? BMWGenius?
This can be a bit of an art and different things work for different people, as well as BMWNA procedures changes (and change back) - Arcades just went through the process so he can help too. If someone tells you there is just one way don't listen to that someone.

My 2 cents is:

(1.) Surf the individual build threads to get an idea of what you can / want to do and the pricing - note there are no set prices until you get the prices from BMWNA, but you can get an idea. Dr. Who has a great thread about his build with his price & order list.

(2.) Plan your exterior / interior build using a photo editing tool, which can be as simple as uploading website pics to imgur.com and using their "advanced" editiing tools (just click on the pic, click edit, click advanced). This means find a pic of the general interior color you want, then circle parts you'd want changed and type in the change on the picture. IMO this is the key step.

(3.) Find a dealer with an allocation who's done Individual Manufaktur orders before about 6 months out - GET A PRODUCTION NUMBER. Note there are two kinds of Individual orders: "Individual Collection" and "Individual Manufaktur". Collection is when you order pre-selected Individual exterior colors like Tanzanite or Champagne Quartz that appear on the web site and order list. (Interior examples would be, Opal White or Nutmeg, interior trims would be Piano Black or White Birch). Manufaktur is when you order from the "secret menu", which you can find by researching the threads above and working with BMWNA.

(4.) Work with BMWNA on selections and pricing. They will do the research on your requests (which is when you pass them that marked up photo with your requests), and if something is possible they'll send pricing to your dealer.

(5.) Work with your dealer to place the order.

The most important thing to remember is this is a project you need to manage - don't count on your dealer and don't listen to your dealer; know exactly what you need them to do and when and then manage them to do it. If you do that it'll work out great. If you count on the dealer to manage things it'll be a disaster.

Last edited by GrussGott; 11-16-2017 at 01:34 AM..
Appreciate 5
Arcades8169.50
Ibiza3611.50
Dr. Who302.50
rakusak134.00
ando2000.50
      11-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #52
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Outstanding car GG.
GrussGott18159.50
      11-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #53
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This can be a bit of an art and different things work for different people, as well as BMWNA procedures changes (and change back) - Arcades just went through the process so he can help too. If someone tells you there is just one way don't listen to that someone.

My 2 cents is:

(1.) Surf the individual build threads to get an idea of what you can / want to do and the pricing - note there are no set prices until you get the prices from BMWNA, but you can get an idea. Dr. Who has a great thread about his build with his price & order list.

(2.) Plan your exterior / interior build using a photo editing tool, which can be as simple as uploading website pics to imgur.com and using their "advanced" editiing tools (just click on the pic, click edit, click advanced). This means find a pic of the general interior color you want, then circle parts you'd want changed and type in the change on the picture. IMO this is the key step.

(3.) Find a dealer with an allocation who's done Individual Manufaktur orders before about 6 months out - GET A PRODUCTION NUMBER. Note there are two kinds of Individual orders: "Individual Collection" and "Individual Manufaktur". Collection is when you order pre-selected Individual exterior colors like Tanzanite or Champagne Quartz that appear on the web site and order list. (Interior examples would be, Opal White or Nutmeg, interior trims would be Piano Black or White Birch). Manufaktur is when you order from the "secret menu", which you can find by researching the threads above and working with BMWNA.

(4.) Work with BMWNA on selections and pricing. They will do the research on your requests (which is when you pass them that marked up photo with your requests), and if something is possible they'll send pricing to your dealer.

(5.) Work with your dealer to place the order.

The most important thing to remember is this is a project you need to manage - don't count on your dealer and don't listen to your dealer; know exactly what you need them to do and when and then manage them to do it. If you do that it'll work out great. If you count on the dealer to manage things it'll be a disaster.

I haven't even picked up my F83 X10 from the PC, but have 800 days until I start the ordering process for "The Final Curtain" 2020 F83, looking forward to see what I can create, then soft top for the G83. BMW NA will let you contact Design Works for 10 hrs of design service, but I could always plan a ski trip to Austria or BMW Driving Experience Snow and Ice, and stop by the M Studio on the way back before flying back from Munich. My poor wife, but Ibzia'swife loves the excitement.
      11-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #54
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:

GrussGott is right.

There are a few things that your dealership can ask for that won't be too much of a hassle. If you ask for, what I call, true individual (colors outside of BMWs) you should try to do a few things. 1, find out online if the color has been done before. If that color has been done in 2017 or 2018, you should be okay. 2, Have a backup color just in case. I didn't have trouble at all asking for Grigio Medio but I had (in my head) Velvet Blue as my backup. Finding out if BMW has done colors before isn't too hard, as the M3 F8x community here is pretty big so most colors that has been done before, will be here most likely.

Interior Individual Bits, like what you see GG do here, takes more planning. You don't just ask easily as interior things especially have to be given permission. This was my mistake when I gone through with my M3. For one, I wasn't too positive myself what I was asking for, so when I spoke through the dealership, I wasn't clear on what I wanted. Like GG told me to do (which I didn't) use Microsoft Paint, and clearly draw out what you want on it. Then make absolutely sure your CA and dealership gets this. Then your CA will pass this on to another person that will order/ask BMW NA. Then BMW NA will respond to the request and pass it down the chain back to your CA then you. Interior Individual Bits is a pain in the butt to do. What happened with me is my fault, I wasn't clear at all on what I wanted so my CA didn't get a clear clue of what I wanted. And like I said in my own thread, I won't fault the dealership and I'm actually okay with not having it because I'm afraid of having more leather in the car already. Having Merino Leather around the cup holder (in hindsight) would have been a bad idea even though I hardly bring anything but water into my car.

Before you order, make absolutely sure your dealership has at least some experience in this department for Individual Orders. It isn't too difficult to walk them through it but it is hell of a lot easier to do it through someone who has experience. Dealerships that are high sellers generally will have more allocation compared to smaller dealerships. Even so, from what I know thus far, 2018 M3 allocations are still pretty small. I'm well connected more or less for BMW in my area and my go to place didn't have allocations yet for the 2018 M3 even though they are a high volume seller.

TDLR;

1. When you put in your order and everything has been confirmed, you should get your Production # after that. Your allocation and production time should be close together. My allocation was end of August, M3 started production start of September.

2. Be prepared to go speak with Maria Martine of BMW NA. She handles all Individual Orders out of North America. GG told me to speak to her and I found out everything about my car through her without a problem. She got my delivery date down to the week (when I will get my car). I forwarded her to Justin (who is on the forums~). He did the same and got everything he needed to hear within 5-10 minutes. Maria is your go to as she can get everything for you WAY before anyone else since every Individual Order goes through her. She told me that my Grigio Medio M3 was #6 total, 3 Grigio Medio in 2017, 2 Grigio Medio in 2018 (before mine), so my car is #6 total with this paint job for F80.

3. If you want to ask things interior wise, embroidery etc, more leather on areas, use MS Paint. Grab a photo of the F8x interior, circle/draw what you want and forward this image to your CA and dealership. Have them pass it on so there is no misunderstanding.

4. Dealerships that are generally high volume sellers or have done more individual orders will generally have more allocations compared to others.

5. If it isn't on your build sheet, then it isn't in the car. You get your build sheet probably before you production starts. if it isn't there, then it isn't in the car.

6. Your dealership and CA is generally the last to know about things. So do not wait for them, go above and beyond them to find out what you need to know, aka speak with BMW NA/Maria Martine.
rakusak134.00
      11-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #55
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep
Drives: Tardis

New Car!

Hey Gruss!

She's Gorgeous!!

In real life, I'd be afraid to sit in it unless I had a full body Clean Suit & Booties/Gloves
combo (+Hairnet!) going.

I also had to forego the USB on the lower dash CC & the Wireless charging options in
order to get the ///M embroidery properly centered.

No worries though, as you have the Main USB inside the CC armrest & I retrofitted
the missing ("Classic") USB connection inside the Glove Box along with the Net
and the Valet switch.

Keep her Clean!!

Congratulations!

P.S.: I still wear at least gloves when I drive mine.
Appreciate 2
rakusak134.00
GrussGott18159.50
      11-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #56
Rockshaker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, MG 318i 1997

Quote:
Quote:
I don't blame GrussGott for not driving, German law requires snow tires after October 15th, and installing winter tires on the 20" 666M? Too much of a hassle.
Nice build! I considered opal for my M3 MG, but new it wouldn't stay clean very long.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18159.50
      11-17-2017, 12:57 AM   #57
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshaker View Post
Nice build! I considered opal for my M3 MG, but new it wouldn't stay clean very long.
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how hard it is to maintain. I used to be into detailing, and probably still would be, but I don't have huge garage I used to so i got rid of all my stuff.

I'll try to keep 'er dusted (which is huge because it's a convertible and I almost never have the top up) and will try a follow up with a distilled water wipe occasionally and hope that works for the most part. For the rear, I usually have the back rest down and nobody sits there so I'm not worried about that.

If I get the jeans issue, I'll have to use a cleaner and then do a surface coating like c quartz.

Hmmm ... maybe I'll do a pre-emptive of something ... anybody have any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #58
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
If I get the jeans issue, I'll have to use a cleaner and then do a surface coating like c quartz.

Hmmm ... maybe I'll do a pre-emptive of something ... anybody have any suggestions?
Take your jeans off before getting into the car. Request your passenger do the same.
Appreciate 2
Tobes95.00
      11-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #59
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
Quote:

Take your jeans off before getting into the car. Request your passenger do the same.
Not sure how things are in Canada. Here you'd either get slapped or punched in the face.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #60
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshaker View Post
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how hard it is to maintain. I used to be into detailing, and probably still would be, but I don't have huge garage I used to so i got rid of all my stuff.

I'll try to keep 'er dusted (which is huge because it's a convertible and I almost never have the top up) and will try a follow up with a distilled water wipe occasionally and hope that works for the most part. For the rear, I usually have the back rest down and nobody sits there so I'm not worried about that.

Let me know what you come up with pre-emptive as I noticed my Silverstone interior staining during my ED, it's a light color, but not like Opal.
      11-18-2017, 12:05 AM   #61
Crazykoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
Wait, this isn't routine for everybody?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #62
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I found solution for you in Japan.
Attached Images

GrussGott18159.50
Tobes95.00
      11-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #63
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep
Drives: Tardis

Quote:

Hey!

Suggestion - F.Y.I.:

I keep a package of those Costco/Sams Club Microfiber towels in my trunk along with "Mothers"
Detail/Cleaner spray

I keep a fresh towel inside, in my CC, along with bottle "Armor All" Leather Cleaner/conditioner,
in case of unruly passengers. I would prefer Leather Wipes, but the tub they come in doesn't
fit properly, anywhere!

Now, I know some may read, "Armor All" with disdain, but I bought and tried one of the,
recommended ("Leather Master") leather conditioners and was less than thrilled. The "AA" cleans
my leather and I also like the consistency and the aroma it leaves behind. If you can get it,
"Tanners' Preserve", it's a superior product but, It's hard to find.

I don't suggest you go "pre-emptive". Most of those products seal the leather even more than it
already is and leather needs to breathe. If not, what would be the point of "Leather"? Our leather
comes pretreated from the factory so, aside from a good conditioner every (+-) 6 months or so,
a timely and quick wipe is all it needs to keep any stains from becoming permanent.

Cheers!

P.S.: Oh Yeah! And a "California Duster" truly is imperative!!

Last edited by Dr. Who; 12-07-2017 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18159.50
      11-22-2017, 12:43 AM   #64
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
GrussGott hey GG, I got a question.

So if the S55 is honestly warmed up... what is the point of the break in period? Or is BMW being extra careful etc etc
It's all speculation but I think three things:

(1.) The engine, differential, and other stuff still might be throwing off chunks so good to have a 1200 mile "baby" period, but yes, the engines aren't "new" they've already been bench tested, cold run to redline, and "track" run. Picking up solstice's point having done my own stint in engineering I'd guess it's a numbers thing: within tolerance 1 out of 1,000 still isn't run-in and since they have lawyers (next point), keep a break-in

(2.) Primarily, lawyers and product liability. If there was a QC issue that wasn't spotted and you hit the autobahn, or the track, and a manufacturing defect caused a crash BMW might be vulnerable. By stipulating a break-in period during the most likely period they're limiting their exposure.

(3.) Also marketing. Let's say every 3 series that was produced during week 32 received bad airbags that could deploy under sudden accelerating or braking. Whatever the liability, the news coverage of incidents would be horrific. The 1200 mile baby time gives them plenty of time discover any major issues and get a team in place to handle them.

One thing that came through loud and clear during the plant tour is that BMW takes quality control investigation extremely seriously - they have a teams (with all skill sets) ready to investigate any potential issue as well as immediately design a fix and implementation plan. I'm sure BMWNA has the same thing.

When I worked in engineering at an airline, we had engineers "on call" to go anywhere in the world to investigate a maintenance issue. They kept go-bags in their cubes and sometimes would even be in the air on the corp jet before the aircraft in question landed. (commercial aircraft have a system called ACARS that throws error codes via FM radio to a network of towers so you can spot potential issues before the plane lands)

... AND A FEW INTERESTING TID BITS I JUST REMEMBERED ...

The other thing was there was a Mexican team and South African team there while we were there (we saw signs, etc) and our guide explained that they were there for a week for their yearly review ...

(1.) She explained that BMW now is careful to say - and I may be forgetting the phrase here, but - "built by BMW" rather than "made in Germany" because they want their brand to say that no matter where it's made, it's German quality. Thus the teams of people from other plants (or new plants that are opening) must spend time in Germany yearly to ensure the same processes and quality.

(2.) They're building a Mexican assembly plant for 3 / 4 series North American cars! Maybe this is already known, but I didn't know. Anyway the Mexican assembly plant part of their strategy to build cars in or close to their markets (see point #1) and in the future, ideally, all North American cars will be built in the US or Mexico. I asked about Trump and his trade crap and she knew all about it! She explained that the Mexican plant is being built knowing it may have to ship cars to other markets (i.e., non US) with German-built cars (or elsewhere!) continuing to ship to the US. She said that was all taken into account and BMW is building for maximum flexibility. She said, "we're preparing for every eventuality; whatever the circumstance we'll be prepared for it."

(3.) My wife also noticed they used the word "mobility" everywhere, i.e. in place of "cars" or "automobiles", i.e., "BMW: Mobility made better" - that's not an real line (or maybe it is), just an example, I can't remember the real ones (in my defense the tour wouldn't let me bring the 6-pack I stole from The Lounge and I was starting to sober up), but there were slogans everywhere and they all had 'mobility' in them. My wife asked about that and the tour guide smiled, paused, and said, "yes, this is our new marketing that's coming" but declined to say further other than maybe in a future tour.

Given the signs and graphics we saw, I'd say it means BMW is planning for a Lyft / i-car / automated car future that may include mass transportation and they're preparing their brand for it. My guess is they'll start focusing more on i-drive, entertainment, connectivity, etc

Once my wife pointed out the "mobility" word everywhere it was actually very apparent the company is pivoting.

It was quite subtle, but once you saw it, it was everywhere.

Last edited by GrussGott; 11-22-2017 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 02:27 AM   #65
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
A few more pics

Appreciate 1
Dr. Who302.50
      11-24-2017, 06:08 AM   #66
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
It's all speculation but I think three things:

(1.) The engine, differential, and other stuff still might be throwing off chunks so good to have a 1200 mile "baby" period, but yes, the engines aren't "new" they've already been bench tested, cold run to redline, and "track" run. Picking up solstice's point having done my own stint in engineering I'd guess it's a numbers thing: within tolerance 1 out of 1,000 still isn't run-in and since they have lawyers (next point), keep a break-in

(2.) Primarily, lawyers and product liability. If there was a QC issue that wasn't spotted and you hit the autobahn, or the track, and a manufacturing defect caused a crash BMW might be vulnerable. By stipulating a break-in period during the most likely period they're limiting their exposure.

(3.) Also marketing. Let's say every 3 series that was produced during week 32 received bad airbags that could deploy under sudden accelerating or braking. Whatever the liability, the news coverage of incidents would be horrific. The 1200 mile baby time gives them plenty of time discover any major issues and get a team in place to handle them.

One thing that came through loud and clear during the plant tour is that BMW takes quality control investigation extremely seriously - they have a teams (with all skill sets) ready to investigate any potential issue as well as immediately design a fix and implementation plan. I'm sure BMWNA has the same thing.

When I worked in engineering at an airline, we had engineers "on call" to go anywhere in the world to investigate a maintenance issue. They kept go-bags in their cubes and sometimes would even be in the air on the corp jet before the aircraft in question landed. (commercial aircraft have a system called ACARS that throws error codes via FM radio to a network of towers so you can spot potential issues before the plane lands)

... AND A FEW INTERESTING TID BITS I JUST REMEMBERED ...

The other thing was there was a Mexican team and South African team there while we were there (we saw signs, etc) and our guide explained that they were there for a week for their yearly review ...

(1.) She explained that BMW now is careful to say - and I may be forgetting the phrase here, but - "built by BMW" rather than "made in Germany" because they want their brand to say that no matter where it's made, it's German quality. Thus the teams of people from other plants (or new plants that are opening) must spend time in Germany yearly to ensure the same processes and quality.

(2.) They're building a Mexican assembly plant for 3 / 4 series North American cars! Maybe this is already known, but I didn't know. Anyway the Mexican assembly plant part of their strategy to build cars in or close to their markets (see point #1) and in the future, ideally, all North American cars will be built in the US or Mexico. I asked about Trump and his trade crap and she knew all about it! She explained that the Mexican plant is being built knowing it may have to ship cars to other markets (i.e., non US) with German-built cars (or elsewhere!) continuing to ship to the US. She said that was all taken into account and BMW is building for maximum flexibility. She said, "we're preparing for every eventuality; whatever the circumstance we'll be prepared for it."

(3.) My wife also noticed they used the word "mobility" everywhere, i.e. in place of "cars" or "automobiles", i.e., "BMW: Mobility made better" - that's not an real line (or maybe it is), just an example, I can't remember the real ones (in my defense the tour wouldn't let me bring the 6-pack I stole from The Lounge and I was starting to sober up), but there were slogans everywhere and they all had 'mobility' in them. My wife asked about that and the tour guide smiled, paused, and said, "yes, this is our new marketing that's coming" but declined to say further other than maybe in a future tour.

Given the signs and graphics we saw, I'd say it means BMW is planning for a Lyft / i-car / automated car future that may include mass transportation and they're preparing their brand for it. My guess is they'll start focusing more on i-drive, entertainment, connectivity, etc

Once my wife pointed out the "mobility" word everywhere it was actually very apparent the company is pivoting.

It was quite subtle, but once you saw it, it was everywhere.

Nothing new. Every big company focusing now on car sharing. Times change. Car sharing gonna be a huge topic in big cities and of course BMW want that piece of cake.
Appreciate 0