Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #507
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

Meet Update 11/1

Scottish M Car Meet 2017 - All Welcome
Sunday the 26th of February

Meet Point 'Silverburn Shopping Center' G53 6AG, meet 9.30 am and leave at 10.00 am, as you drive in head to the left of the large car-park away from the shops

M Convoy to Dumfries House KA18 2NJ (32miles) (45mins)
https://dumfries-house.org.uk/attrac...ach-house-cafe

1-2 Hrs Coffee Meet - Pictures - Catch Up - Plan next meet

This is open to all, so please just post name and car type and admin will take care of the rest, we have had a few great meets last year, pictures are on previous pages, hope to see you and lots of new M owners this year

1. Foretrees YMB M4
2. Denso Ruby or M2
3. Colin FO M3 CP
4. Colin's Dad YMB M3
5. Wulsg MG M4
6. AdilAhmed SS M4

Cheers John (AKA Admin Man)

Last edited by Foretrees; 01-11-2017 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #508
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT4 MG340i

Evening Gents ,
Looking forward to next Scottish M meet

IMO cant come quick enough , Good shout to fortress
We need a bit more driving during our meet ,

I saw the post read some of it and thought we are driving to Dumfries,
First thoughts, Awesome but Scottish weather wont be fair to us on the roads to Dumfries , Then read it again !!!!!! Dumfries House IMO that is better shout for time of year , Now counting down the days until next meet
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      01-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #509
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Any new mods planned before next Meet ?????

I am hoping to have KW V3 coilovers & Duke Dynamics Bonnet , full set of spacers fitted before next meet !!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #510
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WulsgM4 View Post

I am hoping to have KW V3 coilovers & Duke Dynamics Bonnet , full set of spacers fitted before next meet !!!!!!!!!!!!
I have one or two mods/upgrades on both cars but not sure which one will be ready for the meet. Ruby is down at redish Motorsport on the 2nd of Feb and may not be back in Scotland for up to 3 weeks.

Denso
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      01-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #511
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Evening Gents ,
Looking forward to next Scottish M meet

IMO cant come quick enough , Good shout to fortress
We need a bit more driving during our meet ,

I saw the post read some of it and thought we are driving to Dumfries,
First thoughts, Awesome but Scottish weather wont be fair to us on the roads to Dumfries , Then read it again !!!!!! Dumfries House IMO that is better shout for time of year , Now counting down the days until next meet
Thanks Wulsg, not the best time of year but still good to get the cars out, spot on about Dumfries House its not in Dumfries, only 15 miles from Kilmarnock, its on a good road and the 'Ski Slope' you will see what i mean on the run is one of the fastest long straights around, we will only be 30-40 minutes max to the coffee stop giving us a short run, i would estimate guys could be back in Glasgow for lunch time.

Looking forward to it

Cheers John
      01-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #512
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Nice one mate look forward to seeing them fitted next for me is the MP Flat Bottom M2 Seering Wheel with Carbon trim, hopefully fitted next week ........last on the list wheels???? cheers John
      01-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #513
Y8HOO
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Not going to make this one so will have to relinquish the Sound Off trophy!!
Appreciate 3
Foretrees762.50
WulsgM4503.50
DazC905.00
      01-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #514
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y8HOO View Post
Not going to make this one so will have to relinquish the Sound Off trophy!!
Thanks for letting us know, the sound off trophy is safe for now, can you check the 23rd of April? Got some planing for a meet, cheers John
      01-15-2017, 04:05 AM   #515
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Meet Update 15/1

Meet Point 'Silverburn Shopping Center' G53 6AG, meet 9.30 am and leave at 10.00 am, as you drive in head to the left of the large car-park away from the shops

This is open to all, so please just post name and car type and admin will take care of the rest, we have had a few great meets last year, pictures are on previous pages, hope to see you and lots of new M owners this year

1. Foretrees YMB M4
2. Denso Ruby or M2
3. Colin FO M3 CP
4. Colin's Dad YMB M3
5. Wulsg MG M4
6. AdilAhmed SS M4

01-16-2017, 04:21 AM   #516
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Meet Update 16/1

1. Foretrees YMB M4
2. Denso Ruby or M2
3. Colin FO M3 CP
4. Colin's Dad YMB M3
5. Wulsg MG M4
6. AdilAhmed SS M4
7. BillyAli86 YMB M4 (TBC)

01-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #517
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Counting Down the days until our next meet

As I stated in previous in text on this thread, I was looking to remove my Eibach spring and replace them with KW V3 coilovers, But after speaking to Colin at GSR today he has advised me not to fit coilovers,

He advised me that coilovers are more suited to cars that will be tracked and with the Kw V3 with EDC delete Once the car is set you will have no comfort mode and it will be like driving a uncomfortable rigid brick,

After a message to fortress he sent me contact details of KWsuspensionUK, Was advised that my M4 would need spacers to assist with my 21"wheels,

KW HAS, Spacers all round , Duke Dynamics bonnet,

Also spoke to my BMW man Today they cannot order a new BMW M4, he received an email today telling him there will be a email sent tomorrow with detail of facelift M4, I asked him to forward the email to me once he receives it to see what changes WILL be on the next M4!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      01-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #518
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:

As I stated in previous in text on this thread, I was looking to remove my Eibach spring and replace them with KW V3 coilovers, But after speaking to Colin at GSR today he has advised me not to fit coilovers,

He advised me that coilovers are more suited to cars that will be tracked and with the Kw V3 with EDC delete Once the car is set you will have no comfort mode and it will be like driving a uncomfortable rigid brick,

After a message to fortress he sent me contact details of KWsuspensionUK, Was advised that my M4 would need spacers to assist with my 21"wheels,

Also spoke to my BMW man Today they cannot order a new BMW M4, he received an email today telling him there will be a email sent tomorrow with detail of facelift M4, I asked him to forward the email to me once he receives it to see what changes WILL be on the next M4!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wuls just saw the M4LCI on the main page, underwhelmed by it seemed to promise so much but other than LED lights can't see any real changes. Maybe the M4CS is where all the big visual/power changes will be made?

Denso
Appreciate 2
Foretrees762.50
WulsgM4503.50
      01-17-2017, 02:57 AM   #519
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Wuls just saw the M4LCI on the main page, underwhelmed by it seemed to promise so much but other than LED lights can't see any real changes. Maybe the M4CS is where all the big visual/power changes will be made?

Denso
Glad that's over , so no need to chop our current M's in just yet, lights are nice but the black exhaust tip's and boot badge are nothing new, the CP is the newest version IMO, right back to mod's and upgrades

John
      01-17-2017, 03:01 AM   #520
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Hi Wuls... going by what we can see on the LCI its back to mods for us!, look forward to seeing your upgrades at the next meet

Cheers
John
      01-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #521
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Also after speaking to Colin regarding suspension set up advised to go with KW Has and change to heavier rollbars ,

In his opinion that would be a more suitable setup rather than go for coilovers
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      01-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #522
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Also after speaking to Colin regarding suspension set up advised to go with KW Has and change to heavier rollbars ,

In his opinion that would be a more suitable setup rather than go for coilovers
Wuls, here's something interesting to think about, Colin told me to set the car height low the way i wanted it then without spacers the spring would foul the inner wheel, hence you being advised to fit spacers, im on Standard 19" wheels so i can only assume that the BMW MP HAS KIT cant give the same drop or perhaps there is spacers in the kit.

KW HAS will serve you well and look spot on imo

John
      01-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #523
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Quote:

Denso
LCI is a major let down I thought BMW where going to propose some nice 21st century upgrades to compete with other German brands

Probs wait on next gen M4 now

Positive read somewhere M4 CS was excess of 100k positive it was this forum News or US section
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      01-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #524
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretrees View Post
Quote:

Hi Wuls... going by what we can see on the LCI its back to mods for us!, look forward to seeing your upgrades at the next meet

Cheers
John
Agree 100% John LCI defo not for me

Let's the mods continue to our current cars

Next gen M4 2 years away ???
Appreciate 1
Foretrees762.50
      01-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #525
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
I like the new headlights and the option for Black 666's. Other than that it's a bit meh!

Certainly nothing to tempt me from my CP.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 2
Foretrees762.50
WulsgM4503.50
      01-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #526
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Agree 100% John LCI defo not for me

Let's the mods continue to our current cars

Next gen M4 2 years away ???
Thats the plan so MP M2 flat bottom wheel now in stock and reserved, the carbon insert on order so hopefully fitted for the meet.

Tony in parts at HF Giffnock is a good lad and worth trying
      01-19-2017, 03:05 AM   #527
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Meet Update 19/1

1. Foretrees YMB M4
2. Denso Ruby or M2
3. Colin FO M3 CP
4. Colin's Dad YMB M3
5. Wulsg MG M4
6. AdilAhmed SS M4

01-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #528
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Meet Update 19/1

1. Foretrees YMB M4
2. Denso Ruby or M2
3. Colin FO M3 CP
4. Colin's Dad YMB M3
5. Wulsg MG M4
6. AdilAhmed SS M4
8. Jonny1874 YMB M3