R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

06-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #1
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: None

ED Canadian 2018 M3

Hi all, I'm new here and looking into getting an ED M3 next year. It was never a car that crossed my mind, but a few months ago a LSB 335i M Performance caught my eye, and it slowly devolved into the situation now where I am looking at an M3 for ED, planning for Sept 2018 pickup.

First of all, which dealership is the best to go to in BC? I live in Vancouver but I don't mind say picking up in Kelowna. My parents do know some one at Auto West, and I have contacts at Brian Jessel.
I was actually in Kelowna over the weekend and dropped into the dealership to ask some questions, however they weren't the most helpful I left with just as many questions as when I entered.

I plan on financing the car, what are the typical rates on the M3 and does it change throughout the model year? I was quoted 4.99% -0.75 for loyalty (we own a Mini Cooper). When we finance the car, when are the downpayment and first monthly payments due? Again the guy at the dealership couldn't give me a definite answer.

The boss (missus EvoFire) is considering trading in her Mini Cooper for the M3 as neither of us drives to work and 2 cars is a massive waste of car payments and insurance money. With a trade in, do we have to surrender the car before we go to Europe? That would become a hassle as the Mini is our only car at the moment (I sold my race/street car a few months ago).

I do plan on ordering the car in LSB, and it is a listed color on the ordering guide, but I don't have a price. The sales person didn't seem like he wanted to find out and gave me a non answer about it always changing. It's an individual color but at the same time, it's not really. Do you guys have a definitive answer?

I've read on the forums that MY18 F80 production will run thru Oct 2018, however the salesperson in Kelowna insists that production will end in July and I won't be able to pick up a F80 in September. If I want to do September it will be a 2019 which I know won't exist/happen. Does the Oct 2018 date apply to Canadian M3s?

The last question is more of a subjective thing. I know what I want, a LSB M3 with Sakir Orange Extended Leather. The missus is having nothing of it (she doesn't like LSB to begin with) and if I insist on LSB she said it will have to be Black or Silverstone Leather. Are there any pics of a LSB M3 with Sakir Orange Leather that I can use to convince her? I've only found a M4 vert in YMB with Sakir Orange. Also how much is individual stitching? I'm thinking of Red or Blue stitching on Silverstone if I can't win her over.

Thanks all!

PS: Please do tell me anything else I should know and be aware of.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 07:15 AM   #2
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Your down payment and paperwork will have to be signed before you leave for Germany, not sure on how trading in the car will work though. But you basically take delivery of the car on paper before you leave so your payments will start 30 days from when you signed. See if you have a corporation fleet discount from your company, if you do, negotiate as much as your can off then tell them you have a fleet discount. The fleet discount is reimbursed by BMW Canada to the dealer so always tell them after the negotiations.

As for LSB, that would be an individual color at $5k. I believe if you order the ultimate pack then it is at a discounted price or free (not sure as I don't have the ordering guide). If you do order the ultimate pack make sure they check off the full leather option as it seems there is a mistake in the system not including it, or so I've heard. I have Silverstone leather and absolutely love it.

On a side note, you will be waiting around 8 weeks to receive your car from when you dropped off your car at the drop off location.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 07:17 AM   #3
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
With a trade in, do we have to surrender the car before we go to Europe? That would become a hassle as the Mini is our only car at the moment (I sold my race/street car a few months ago).
It is all about what you negotiate with your dealer. You are paying for the car in full before delivery in Munich. So, they may want your trade-in when you pay for the car. Or, you find someone who will delay accepting the trade-in until you return or someone who provides a loaner until you get back. Note you should expect about 8 weeks from drop-off to redelivery in BC.

Quote:
I've read on the forums that MY18 F80 production will run thru Oct 2018, however the salesperson in Kelowna insists that production will end in July and I won't be able to pick up a F80 in September. If I want to do September it will be a 2019 which I know won't exist/happen. Does the Oct 2018 date apply to Canadian M3s?
I don't think it matters. There is no reason why you can't have a car built in July and pick it up in September.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Sept 2018? Lots of time to figure all this out.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Go talk to James Lee at autowest. He sold me both my European delivered M3 and M4 GTS. Also sold me my 328d Touring. Great guy and knows the ED process very well.

It's way too early to talk to any sales ppl at the dealer. You should wait for early next year.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

It probably is too early, but the boss has been nagging me about it, and she wants to know all the facts asap.

I'm looking at probably a base M3, MAYBE with the competition pack. But I'm not a fan of the seats. The base Canadian M3 has almost all the options I want or need anyways.

Another question is the roof? Does the M3 come standard with carbon roof without a sunroof? If I option the sunroof do I lose the carbon roof?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #7
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:
It probably is too early, but the boss has been nagging me about it, and she wants to know all the facts asap.

I'm looking at probably a base M3, MAYBE with the competition pack. But I'm not a fan of the seats. The base Canadian M3 has almost all the options I want or need anyways.

Another question is the roof? Does the M3 come standard with carbon roof without a sunroof? If I option the sunroof do I lose the carbon roof?

I believe CF is standard. And yes, if you get a sunroof, you lose the CF roof.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #8
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Yeah I am going with the competition package and glass sunroof. I like having a sunroof and don't care for a cf roof. I won't be racing the any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #9
01ON19
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Also with steel roof with sunroof you get the roof mounting points for roof rack. This is important to some, not to others. With CF roof, no mounting points.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #10
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep
Drives: German cars

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
When I did my build for a 2016 it was $6900 for an individual colour not in the ultimate package (I.e. LSB stand alone or other) and $5230 for contrast stitching. When I traded my car in they wanted it before ED.

Agree with others above regarding sunroof. Not sure about when to order as this will be the last MY for the F80 but worth talking to one of the dealers mentioned above who knows about the process to get the best info, not sure what the allocation status is here in Canada.

Good luck with the build and ED.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #11
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
I plan on financing the car, what are the typical rates on the M3 and does it change throughout the model year? I was quoted 4.99% -0.75 for loyalty (we own a Mini Cooper). When we finance the car, when are the downpayment and first monthly payments due? Again the guy at the dealership couldn't give me a definite answer.
First, congrats on picking the M3. You will love it!!

Regarding the finance rate. I recently also went to a dealership for a car. Basically I think the 4.99% quote is the starting leasing rate for MY18. They do adjust the rates 2-3 times throughout the year, so by the time you order, it may not be 4.99%. Also, financing rates (at least based on what my SA did for me) is 1% lower than leasing. Lastly, in order to get loyalty (-0.75%) I think you have to "own" 2 BMW (or Mini) cars. Given you are trading in, not sure if you will get the (-0.75%). You might have already asked all these questions, but just my 2 penny worth.

Quote:
Production year ends on July. So, MY18 last production month would be July 2018. However, agree with another post above, why not July Production, pick up Sept?

Quote:
The last question is more of a subjective thing. I know what I want, a LSB M3 with Sakir Orange Extended Leather. The missus is having nothing of it (she doesn't like LSB to begin with) and if I insist on LSB she said it will have to be Black or Silverstone Leather.
I have SS interior and also LOVE it. I think it will go great with LSB as blue/grey combo is a great choice. Also, this weekend in Ontario, was like 30-34 degrees, got in the car, leather did not burn my skin at all because of the lighter color.

Good luck with the purchase and order.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #12
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

In the ultimate package 2017 certain individual colors are FREE including LSB. Stand alone it is a 5k option. Contrast stitching in red will automatically select full leather for you so you pay for that (4k if I remember correctly) and 2k on top for the contrast stitching. Ultimate package will have the full leather included in price however the contrast stitching will still have to be paid for. I personally would not get an M3 with any other interior color than Sakhir orange. Good luck with your build

M
      06-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #13
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks for all the info guys.

So I guess I will stick to a plain interior. Wife basically flat out said no to Sakir Orange w/LSB so it'll most likely be Silverstone leather. I want it in LSB unless BMW says no to my order, then my fall back would be Mineral White w/ Sakir Orange.

Now I'm trying to decide whether if I want ZCP or not. The performance benefits seem to be worth it in terms of putting power down and suspension tuning. I don't really care for the power though as I come from a 320hp hatchback and 425hp on the normal M3 is already enough I think. I also don't care for the seats of the ZCP because I value being able to adjust my lumber support. Both my wife and I have picky back sides in terms of seats. We will need to head into a dealership to fully evaluate the seats (make it or break it deal for both of us)

So far:
2018 M3 in manual
Laguna Seca Blue Individual
Silverstone Extended Leather
ZCP (maybe)
Sunroof (maybe)

Nothing else. I'm not interested in the Ultimate package because well.... I don't need or use any of those things. The disappointing thing is the Connectivity package supports Apple Carplay and no Android Auto, and I don't use Apple.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #14
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Wife basically flat out said no to Sakir Orange w/LSB so it'll most likely be Silverstone leather. I want it in LSB unless BMW says no to my order, then my fall back would be Mineral White w/ Sakir Orange.

Now I'm trying to decide whether if I want ZCP or not. The performance benefits seem to be worth it in terms of putting power down and suspension tuning. I don't really care for the power though as I come from a 320hp hatchback and 425hp on the normal M3 is already enough I think. I also don't care for the seats of the ZCP because I value being able to adjust my lumber support. Both my wife and I have picky back sides in terms of seats. We will need to head into a dealership to fully evaluate the seats (make it or break it deal for both of us)
Well, LSB / SO... superman color.
But SO interior is really nice. Friend has MW/SO... killer combo.

As for ZCP, you want it. Trust me, the burble sound from the exhaust is sick. I think I only heard it with the MPE, but I think on stock it still crackles quite nicely.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #15
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

I decided over a year in advance I was going to do an ED with my wife. A someone who plans everything early there really isnt much you can do now aside from pick countries, cities and potential hotels (dont book yet thou).

I put my deposit down 6 months in advance because I ordered an individual colour, and a few weeks after the delivery date I selected got confirmed and I ended up book all my hotels and flights a couple of weeks after that.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 05:34 PM   #16
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Found some one that would finally tell me what they are charging right now for individual colour, $5500 + $400 fee. However they won't commit to that price, he also noted that the price and package contents might change.

Has anyone seen the price for picking individual colour change?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 12:16 AM   #17
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Found some one that would finally tell me what they are charging right now for individual colour, $5500 + $400 fee. However they won't commit to that price, he also noted that the price and package contents might change.

Has anyone seen the price for picking individual colour change?
Why would he commit to that price? Its just what's been charged recently. Not all colors will be the same price too. You have to actually submit the request with your dealer. bmw individual will tell bmw Canada the price and if its doable, and then bmw Canada will tell your dealer the price. this is how it works in Canada.

Prices and package always change. It might change a few times a year.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #18
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

So this is now happening and I'm shopping.

Do you guys have any sales you recommend for doing ED in Vancouver? I won't mind going to Victoria either to buy the car if they can give me a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #19
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:

Do you guys have any sales you recommend for doing ED in Vancouver? I won't mind going to Victoria either to buy the car if they can give me a good deal.

VCP has bought through Mike Regan at Parkshore Motors and Mike is well versed in ED trips.

Don’t waste your time with Victoria
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 08:51 AM   #20
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:

Stay away from BMW Store. They have turned to shits.

I buy all my BMW from James Lee at Autowest.
Appreciate 1
Sassicaia4453.00
      01-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Stay away from BMW Store. They have turned to shits.

I buy all my BMW from James Lee at Autowest.
I can attest to this. Total disaster over there. Long story short I was purchasing my second M3 in 18 months, agreed on a price gave a deposit and after 4 months waiting I they increased the price when it arrived. Keep in mind I already agreed on a price and money exchanged hands.

Needless to say I walked away.

Funny its been 5 months and the car I ordered is still sitting on their showroom floor. Its going to be a tough sell for them given its a MT6 with moon roof. and worth around 100k
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #22
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I can attest to this. Total disaster over there. Long story short I was purchasing my second M3 in 18 months, agreed on a price gave a deposit and after 4 months waiting I they increased the price when it arrived. Keep in mind I already agreed on a price and money exchanged hands.

Needless to say I walked away.

Funny its been 5 months and the car I ordered is still sitting on their showroom floor. Its going to be a tough sell for them given its a MT6 with moon roof. and worth around 100k
I've learned that its completely pointless in building a relationship with any vancoucer area car dealers as management and staff Every time you walk in. Lucky for me, my friend remains being a BMW sales person. So I just follow him to whichever dealer he goes to.
Appreciate 0