Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-31-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
WHK
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Connected drive subscription?

My 2015 M4 is almost 3 years old. This means I’ve got to start paying $50 or $100/year for services I’ve got now. I want to make sure I understand what I’m losing if don’t buy a subscription, and I’d like to know what sort of work arounds there might be.

Real time traffic info - I’ll lose this, but I don’t think navigation ever routed me around a traffic jam, so not a big deal, and I can always look on my phone.

Using Google maps to send a destination to my car. I’m going to lose this, and I wish there was a coding work around.

Text messages show up in Messages - I don’t know if I’ll lose this or not.

Where did I park my car? This is about as useful as a What color is my car app?, but I suppose I lose this capability.

Emergency location services? E-call, flash lights, honk horn, I think these will still work.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
Racing Instructor
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 Tuned

Traffic

I just took delivery of my M4 today and transferred Sirius traffic to my M4 and it works just fine, does everything the BMW service does but for 6 bucks a month.

Google Maps on your phone probably tells you where your car is parked. I have an iPhone and that works great.

I can send destinations from the BMW app to the M4, so maybe that is a good alternative to consider.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 04:09 AM   #3
Lee808
Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

BMW connected app will still tell you where your car is parked. So will Google and Apple.
Emergency services is a different service and will still be active on your vehicle for a while. Go to this website and if you haven't create an account. It will let you link your car and it'll tell you exactly what services you have linked and when they expire. You can also renew your services there too.

https://connecteddrive.bmwusa.com/cd...n?locale=en_US
Appreciate 0